football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

Whose the youngest player
19 April, 2012 12:04
to have made a first team appearance for us?

I only ask because Liam Watt looked about eight when he took the field on Saturday!

Re: Whose the youngest player
19 April, 2012 16:19
Pretty sure it's that boy that played for 6 seconds if that) against Ayr at the end of the 07/08 season. Byrne seems to be a name that rings a bell?

Possibly Tony Watt too

bigdi@mond
bigdi@mond (IP Logged)

19 April, 2012 16:20
Must be Tony Watt, was about 16 when he played against ayr in the challenge cup when we played at Alloa.

GS22
diamond gaz (IP Logged)

20 April, 2012 12:21
Was Alex Martin not 15 or 16 when he mae his debut back in the 90's?

Arthur Wilson
Sergeant Wilson (IP Logged)

20 April, 2012 12:29
Quote:
diamond gaz
Was Alex Martin not 15 or 16 when he mae his debut back in the 90's?
Do you mean Alex Neil? There must be a statto knows this for certain.

GS22
diamond gaz (IP Logged)

21 April, 2012 00:17
Was definately Alex Martin, he played 96-97 season then signed for Partick. I believe there was a bit of contention at the time signed for Partick because of his age.

carrondiamond
Christismybitch (IP Logged)

22 April, 2012 17:24
Tony Watt was 15 when he made his debut in 2009 against Dundee, 6 weeks before his 16th birthday. This info is via SFL site and may be wrong. My recollection was he played his 1st game in Alba cup vs Ayr United at Alloa's Recs Park

Alex Martin was on a YTS when he played for us so may well have been 16.

Alex Neil came to us after being at Dunfermline (I think) so he would have been 16+ anyway.

Can't say much about Byrne although remember Jimmy releasing him when he took over.

"there's no reincarnation, you're only human once, so make yourself at home"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/04/2012 20:12 by Christismybitch.

slowhand
slowhand (IP Logged)

24 April, 2012 00:29
Was told by my father that the Airdrie team bus used to stop outside the Academy to pick Ian McMillan up when we had a midweek match.
There was also a young inside forward called Ronnie Hume who was still at school when he played for Airdrie.

Tory Boy
Tory Boy (IP Logged)

24 April, 2012 16:27
I can't remember where I heard this story but did Marshall Poulton not have to get away from school to play for Airdrie against Rangers after our first choice keeper was injured?

24 April, 2012 19:22
Eh? Dont ever remember Tony Watt playing under Kenny Black! Guess he must have done though.

Polomint
Murraymint (IP Logged)

24 April, 2012 20:12
Was that not Kenny (Kevin?) Watt?

Arthur Wilson
Sergeant Wilson (IP Logged)

25 April, 2012 07:00
Quote:
Tory Boy
I can't remember where I heard this story but did Marshall Poulton not have to get away from school to play for Airdrie against Rangers after our first choice keeper was injured?

Aye, something like that, but he was a bit older by then. Probably about 18.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net