football
Latest News:

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
MESSAGES->author
lonesome cowboy (IP Logged)

Alan Gow
22 March, 2012 18:54
Alan Gow has signed for my local club - Exeter City. We are currently in the relegation places, but I hope that Alan's bit of class will save us from the drop.Quality smiling smiley

Dreaming o' the Winner
[
">www.youtube.com
]

Question?
Question? (IP Logged)

Re: Alan Gow
22 March, 2012 20:50
What clubs hasnt he played for?

MESSAGES->author
Spitzy (IP Logged)

22 March, 2012 22:38
Club Deportiva Wanka (Peru)
Fukien AC (Hong Kong)
Botswana Meat Commission FC (Botswana)
Semen Padang FC (Indonesia)

RatOot
RatOot (IP Logged)

22 March, 2012 23:44
What an anti climax of a career, when he played with us I thought he was destined to go on and be a Scotland regualr. Would love to know what went wrong. Young lads such as Kyle Hutton at Rangers said he was class at training, he isnt a drinker so I dont understamd what went wrong.

MESSAGES->author

23 March, 2012 11:03
I spoke with Alan last summer (a work thing) and encouraged him, jokingly, to come to Exeter, as his mates Danny Nardiello and Jamie Cureton were here. Looks like it worked. He told me that his happiest of times were at Airdrie and that since leaving he had made a few wrong choices (mostly Plymouth Argyle I would guess).

THe standard of football in the English lower leagues is comparable to or better than most Scottish football I see on T.V. including the SPL.

Hopefully Alan will enjoy being at City as they do play football and keep it on the floor.

Dreaming o' the Winner
[
">www.youtube.com
]

smithers-jones
Sandy Jamieson (IP Logged)

23 March, 2012 12:41
Rangers? Although I seem to remember that he was there for about 4 years.

MESSAGES->author

23 March, 2012 14:38
Quote:
Sandy Jamieson
Rangers? Although I seem to remember that he was there for about 4 years.

As I said a few wrong choices smiling smiley

Polomint
Murraymint (IP Logged)

23 March, 2012 15:26
I think the trouble with Gowser is that he doesn't easily fit into a modern team system. It's alright when he's playing at a lower league club but the better teams can't always accommodate such a player. I think that says more about football than Alan. Maybe he should come back to Broomfield - can you imagine how many goals he would set up for Ryan?

23 March, 2012 18:08
f;atters to deceive, coming to a junior side near you soon

Clan Chief
Clan Chief (IP Logged)

23 March, 2012 18:40
Quote:
when he played with us I thought he was destined to go on and be a Scotland regualr

(Sm22)(Sm22)(Sm22)

23 March, 2012 20:21
I wouldn't go as far as Scotland regular, but I certainly expected him to be a Rangers regular. It's a shame really, cos he was a heck of a player.

RatOot
RatOot (IP Logged)

23 March, 2012 23:46
He is 29 just now, he should be in the prime of his footballing career. With the talent he showed at Airdrie in his early years I hardly think it is unreasonable to have expected him to have developed into a player of at least of equal quality to the likes of Craig Mackail Smith, Robert Snodgrass, Barry Robson, James McArthur, Don Cowie, Graham Dorrens or James Morrision!
I am hardly saying I expected him to be the next Lionel Messi.

Glenmavis Diamond
Glenmavis Diamond (IP Logged)

24 March, 2012 00:31
Quote:
big jim-wrexham diamond
I wouldn't go as far as Scotland regular, but I certainly expected him to be a Rangers regular. It's a shame really, cos he was a heck of a player.

Scittish Rangers regulars usually end up being Scotland regulars. Rangers move ruined him. Nearly got back on track when Wolves went to sign him but broke down due to a knee injury I think.

jack d
jack d (IP Logged)

24 March, 2012 14:49
(Sm105) if nothing else he will always be remembered for THAT Goal at Dunfermline

MESSAGES->author

24 March, 2012 19:32
Exeter lost nil - 2 today but Gow did not feature (not even on the bench).

Dreaming o' the Winner
[
">www.youtube.com
]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2012 19:33 by lonesome cowboy.

Clan Chief
Clan Chief (IP Logged)

24 March, 2012 21:01
Quote:
if nothing else he will always be remembered for THAT Goal at Dunfermline

Surely you mean Brechin!

jack d
jack d (IP Logged)

24 March, 2012 23:29
Quote:
Clan Chief
Quote:

Surely you mean Brechin!
Sorry.........oh yes.

Texaco Fan
Texaco Fan (IP Logged)

25 March, 2012 10:26
Quote:
jack d
Quote:
Clan Chief
Quote:

Surely you mean Brechin!
Sorry.........oh yes.
Truly unforgettable

Benano
Benano (IP Logged)

25 March, 2012 17:00
Quote:
lonesome cowboy
I spoke with Alan last summer (a work thing) and encouraged him, jokingly, to come to Exeter, as his mates Danny Nardiello and Jamie Cureton were here. Looks like it worked.

I seriously doubt a forgettable conversation with some crazy ar$3 cowboy swung the transfer in Exeter's favour.

MESSAGES->author

27 March, 2012 11:50
Quote:
Benano
Quote:
lonesome cowboy
I spoke with Alan last summer (a work thing) and encouraged him, jokingly, to come to Exeter, as his mates Danny Nardiello and Jamie Cureton were here. Looks like it worked.

I seriously doubt a forgettable conversation with some crazy ar$3 cowboy swung the transfer in Exeter's favour.

So do I but it happened!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net