football
Latest News:

ickle_annsey
ickle_annsey (IP Logged)

The Secondary Schools Cup
21 March, 2012 10:24
The draw for this year's United Schools Cup competition was made in the Airdrie & Coatbridge Advertiser office by sports reporter, Colin Paterson.

The first round will consist of three games with Caldervale, as last year's winners, receiving a bye into the semi-final.

The first round of games will be held between 9.45am – 1.30pm on Thursday 22nd March.

The draw for the first round is: -

St. Margaret's v St. Andrews kick-off 9:45
Chryston v Airdrie Academy kick-off 11:00
St. Ambrose v Coatbridge High kick-off 12:15

The semi-finals will be held between 9:45am – 12.15 pm on Thursday 29th March.

The final will be held at 7.00pm on Friday 27th April.

All games will be held at the Excelsior Stadium, Airdrie and will be 30 minutes each way. In the event of a draw, penalty kicks will decide the winner. The games are eleven a side, with rolling substitutes allowed and is open to first and second year pupils only.

Good luck to all the teams who are playing tomorrow!

Re: The Secondary Schools Cup
21 March, 2012 15:32
heard that there was an attempt to resurect the schools cup for primaries and Peat refused to give the trophy back... any truth ??

henry the mild mannered janitor
mr.gru (IP Logged)

21 March, 2012 16:10
wouldnt be at all surprised

MESSAGES->author
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

21 March, 2012 17:21
There was a whole load of things we were told we couldn't get and couldn't do that's why there will be a festival of football held for Primary school kids.

21 March, 2012 20:47
so it is true

billy brown
diamond sab (IP Logged)

21 March, 2012 21:17
The schools cup trophy is in the museum at hampden donated by the schools cup committee when the original comp ended . Dont think the decision to do this involved Mr Peat but i stand to be corrected if wrong

22 March, 2012 08:10
the decision for him not to release it to have it played for was his

MESSAGES->author
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

22 March, 2012 12:52
In the SFA\his defence (and I don't like doing it) the family who donated the cup for the original Schools Cup refused to allow us to use it when the current schools cup was announced, so it may be they are simply honouring their wishes.

Who the family are I’ve no idea.

RatOot
RatOot (IP Logged)

22 March, 2012 23:42
The proper Schools' cup was magic. It would be interesting to see some of the attendances for it and see how they cmpare to Airdrie's gates this season.

Polomint
Murraymint (IP Logged)

23 March, 2012 15:30
I remember how excited I was to be getting changed in the Pavilion. It was a bit shabby though, all wooden cladding - definitely not the mid-80s chic that we were used to!

RatOot
RatOot (IP Logged)

23 March, 2012 23:35
I didnt think they had ball boys at the schools cup?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net