Latest News:
17 Mar, 2012 17:31 Report
Just Me (IP Logged)

Date Joined: May, 2007
Today
Hope the manager learns something from today. The introduction of Boyle and Willie gave us mobility and width and let Stevenson play in cental midfield. What a difference from the first half.Maybe some day Stevenson will be allowed to start there.
Defence is still rubbish.Bad shooting and good goalkeeping kept us in the game. Although we finished the better team we could easily have lost.
Lovering is something else in terms of commitment. Wish he was 10 years younger.

ReplyQuote

17 Mar, 2012 18:24 Report
Mr. Clean (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Feb, 2009
Re: Today
Have to agree with those comments - Forfar must be wondering how they lost by 3 - suppose that's why they are where they are - First half was diabolical - truely aweful but credit second half performance - defence still looks vulnerable tho' - too many times today we lost the ball in midfield/atttacking position ans within one pass we were under pressure

ReplyQuote

17 Mar, 2012 19:33 Report
Dunc da Diamond (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Dec, 2003
Four games undefeated - is that a record for this season?

ReplyQuote

17 Mar, 2012 19:36 Report
Albert Barr (IP Logged)
Albert Barr

Date Joined: Mar, 2010
Why cant the rest of the players have the same attitude and give the same commitment over 90 minutes as Paul Lovering?

ReplyQuote

17 Mar, 2012 19:41 Report
cowboy (IP Logged)

First half was truly awful. Credit jimmy with making changes. Also thought McDonald looked a lot more confident at centre half and stallard is after all a right back. Have we just by the end of the season found our best back 4

Defence starts in midfield - most of whom can't defend. Agreed stevo is far better in the middle but we need to strengthen in there for next year. Thought Bain would've been hooked if there had been anyone who could've played there. Has pj left?

ReplyQuote

17 Mar, 2012 19:56 Report
Murraymint (IP Logged)

thought that both Blockley and Lamie were extremely unlucky to get hooked.
Bain looks a better player when Stallard plays right back.
Donnelly must have been training hard at Wigan as he looked knackered today.
And what a difference having a ref on your side makes.

ReplyQuote

17 Mar, 2012 20:07 Report
Just Me (IP Logged)

I think Lammie was limping. Can't see the manager committing all 3 subs so early otherwise.

ReplyQuote

17 Mar, 2012 20:16 Report
Murraymint (IP Logged)

Quote:
Just Me
I think Lammie was limping. Can't see the manager committing all 3 subs so early otherwise.
Well he had quite the petted lip when he came off!

ReplyQuote

17 Mar, 2012 21:07 Report
2LGM (IP Logged)

Cowboy, I think you're spot on. The defence gets rightfully criticised however our midfield haven't been able to tackle anything all season and opposition generally get a free run onto our defence leaving them under constant pressure. Eventually they crack. That said, Lilley's finished, McDonald looks a decent centre for this level. We need decent full backs as Jamie Bain isn't strong enough and Lovers is about finished but generally this season he's been our best player. Stallard should get a stint in midfield to tighten up, tackle and generally give the ball to Stevenson. Gone off Lynch a bit the past while as he doesn't appear to stop anything coming through the middle. I'd also love to find the cash to keep the keeper permanently.

ReplyQuote

18 Mar, 2012 12:36 Report
TexacoCup (IP Logged)

Quote:
polomint
what a difference having a ref on your side makes

Thought ref's weren't supposed to take sides !

Quote:
albert barr
Why cant the rest of the players have the same attitude and give the same commitment over 90 minutes as Paul Lovering?
If only the players could stay on the pitch for a full 90 minutes we would be in a better position. Discipline is mince. Experince this year may help next year, but I won't be holding my breath.

ReplyQuote

18 Mar, 2012 12:39 Report
big jim-wrexham diamond (IP Logged)

Think there's more chance of Adam being the Rangers no1 than the Airdrie no1 next season tbh!

ReplyQuote

18 Mar, 2012 14:11 Report
Spitzy (IP Logged)

Adam dropped a bottle of Corona last night. It was the first thing he had dropped all day.

ReplyQuote

18 Mar, 2012 15:24 Report
Murraymint (IP Logged)

Quote:
Spitzy
Adam dropped a bottle of Corona last night. It was the first thing he had dropped all day.

How much did it cost him to win that big bottle of wine? I think he must have chucked at least £50 at it.

ReplyQuote

18 Mar, 2012 21:03 Report
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Sep, 2003
He spent £100 trying to win the £350 bottle of wine

ReplyQuote

19 Mar, 2012 14:17 Report
Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond (IP Logged)

Date Joined: Apr, 2004
2 games, 2 teams below us beaten, 2 clean sheets, closer to the play off's for Div 1 than Div 3! Call me an optomist, but Nuff said!

ReplyQuote

19 Mar, 2012 17:11 Report
Murraymint (IP Logged)

Quote:
Chris Mac
He spent £100 trying to win the £350 bottle of wine

So that means he spent about £1 for every time he shouted c`ock at Lovers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/03/2012 20:01 by Polomint.

ReplyQuote
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net