football
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Glenmavis Diamond
Glenmavis Diamond (IP Logged)

Rovers Game Today
10 March, 2012 10:51
So with Donnelly down at Wigan, who starts upfront for us today?

I'm guessing Holmes & Boyle.

AirdrieLad1977
AirdrieLad1977 (IP Logged)

Re: Rovers Game Today
10 March, 2012 10:52
I would start with Sally and Boyle.

Diamond Lad
Diamond Lad (IP Logged)

10 March, 2012 11:14
Holmes and Boyle for me don't rate sally at all and he has barely played this season so starting him in a game like this could lead to disaster. Scott Morton on the bench with McLaren and PJ on the wings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2012 11:16 by Diamond Lad.

MESSAGES->author
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

10 March, 2012 11:17
Went with Sally and Boyle last time out at Rovers and got hammered, i'm not blaiming them I just wouldn't chance it.

Holmes and Boyle or even stick with last weeks 4-3-3 (4-5-1) formation with McLaren-Holmes-Boyle

10 March, 2012 14:40
A double barrelled surname is pretentious enough but who is this triple barrelled surnamed player McLaren-Holmes-Boyle that we've signed?

Diamond Lad
Diamond Lad (IP Logged)

10 March, 2012 18:58
3 points.

jack d
jack d (IP Logged)

10 March, 2012 23:31
got through to game today...absolute mince. Thought Goalkeeper,Lovering,Mcdonald and Holmes looked the only players fit to play at this level.Thought Rovers' Love,and potentially Gemmell the only players they had who would be worth a second look.

Clan Chief
Clan Chief (IP Logged)

10 March, 2012 23:40
Yep, @#$%& game but thought our keper looked very good. To be honest . The three points are all that mattered. Mission Accomplished.

cairnhill diamond
cairnhill diamond (IP Logged)

11 March, 2012 12:03
I've gave Lilley a bit of stick this season but today I thought he was excellent and considering Lamie has been flung in at a time when we need results he has done a great job, Grant Adam looks a really good keeper,not a great display but considering the condition of the park it was a great result.

MESSAGES->author
Spitzy (IP Logged)

11 March, 2012 12:13
Lamie has been very impressive. Good positional sense, composure under pressure, and excellent tackler. Rightly booked yesterday for holding their player back as he looked to break through on goal.

DoddiesDiamonds
DoddiesDiamonds (IP Logged)

11 March, 2012 14:26
Deserved 3 points as we showed more desire and determination. Holmer won virtually everything in the air upfront and back in defence, Blockley looked solid nothing was getting past him unlucky with the booking nothing more than determination.

Jimmy learned from the last visit and played everything through the middle dispensing with wingers keeping the game tight. The terrible park did nothing to help flowing football the second half was non descript.

Lucky to get away with their shot off the crossbar but we had by far the better chances with Holmer one-on-one the best.

Big 3 points .... if they do go down I wont miss the worst 'stadium' in the league and they should be sued under the trades descriptions act for selling something masquerading as a pie.

Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

12 March, 2012 11:40
<> That was better - and a vital 3 points. 3 wins out of 4 against them - not quite avenged that awful 7-2 defeat, but hopefully that was a freak result. <>

cowboy
cowboy (IP Logged)

12 March, 2012 12:40
Awful game but a good result. Right team selection compared to last time. Holmes was excellent and the back 4 looked more solid even if neither McDonald orLovers are going to threaten going forward. We're still a bit lightweight in midfield (Bain is eased off the ball readily).

Starting to think of next season and who they'll keep in addition to those we've already got signed up

airdrieonians
airdrieonians (IP Logged)

12 March, 2012 14:27
guys guys....... a good three points? mission acomplished, whats the mission these days to beat the rovers 1-0, have a look at the table? FFS its the worst season ever!

Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

12 March, 2012 16:24
Quote:
airdrieonians
guys guys....... a good three points? mission acomplished, whats the mission these days to beat the rovers 1-0, have a look at the table? FFS its the worst season ever!

<> There's no denying that - absolute pash. I've said on this forum before that Jimmy should still go at the end of the season. I'm still not convinced that's going to happen though because the man at the top won't see this season as failure. <>

airdrieonians
airdrieonians (IP Logged)

12 March, 2012 18:38
thats the main problem to a tee

Big G...
Big G... (IP Logged)

12 March, 2012 19:17
What I'd like some clarity on is the substitution....Keast up front for Boyle?????I don't see the logical of that one!!

Also what p1sh is Martin talking about " we were the best team" and " we should have had a penalty, but the referee wasn't strong enough" Oh boo-hoo....we are Albion Rovers and officials hate us and don't give us anything.....yeah ok Paul...and theres a chance you'll get your money from Craig Whyte too!!!!

MESSAGES->author
Chris Mac (IP Logged)

12 March, 2012 19:24
Injured he hobbled off.

Big G...
Big G... (IP Logged)

12 March, 2012 19:35
Not so much the fact he had to go off Chris, but the choice of sub to replace Boyle....strange....thought Wullie might have been a more natural choice. Would have given us an out ball.

Polomint
Murraymint (IP Logged)

12 March, 2012 22:13
Quote:
Big G...
Not so much the fact he had to go off Chris, but the choice of sub to replace Boyle....strange....thought Wullie might have been a more natural choice. Would have given us an out ball.

There's something not quite right with Wullie - he was out of the ground before me on Saturday, looking none too pleased. A falling out?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net