football
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Glenmavis Diamond
Glenmavis Diamond (IP Logged)

Football Phone Ins - Rangers Fans
08 March, 2012 18:51
Had a right good laugh at all the bitter whinging going on over the last few weeks. Hearing Rangers fans near greeting about their club, how everyone needs them, how important they are, how Celtics league title this season will be tainted etc.

Personally I think it would be interesting to see them go out of business & have to start again. They didn't care when it happened to us.

Rangers fans have always been smarmy @#$%& thinking they deserve more than everyone else. Well now they are getting what they deserve due to their club not paying their debts.

airdrieonians
airdrieonians (IP Logged)

Re: Football Phone Ins - Rangers Fans
08 March, 2012 20:36
I managed to get onto talksport last night, wirh saggers/holland, while in conversation with some supposed scottish journo (Paul Martin) i think his name was the subject of Airdrieonians demise came up, while the english based media guys remembered something about murrays/Rangers position in us going into administration, that daft scottish clown, could not remember anything, hence my call on the murray position about us and the need for him/rangers to start our demise for a paltry sum in comparrison to the dough we think we know about involving rangers, several other airdrieonians supportes also called, with the upshot being @#$%& them fron the supporters od airdrieonians they deserve the boot, and more to be reveaaled on the sfa ghost contracts submitted to sfa/spl for players...... expulsion and full liquidation looms.
in tact that dafty scottish journo said airdrie united went into liquidation!
might be true soon though if we miss the player wages anytime. i was in a similar position myself recently when i forgot tp pay the window cleaner for two weeks same amount due.

airdrieonians

08 March, 2012 20:38
i really must put on my glasses...........
rangers.......get them to feck

nealmorrison
Carlukediamond (IP Logged)

08 March, 2012 21:44
no sympathy for rangers, let them try re-apply to the 3rd division !!

Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

09 March, 2012 19:41
<> Good article about the Airdrieonians situation in 2002 (and the new Airdrie United) in today's Herald. Article makes a good point how Airdrie fans won't have much sympathy for Rangers given it was Murray who tipped us over. Picture of Archibald outside NB - can't believe it was 10 plus years ago now... <>

jack d
jack d (IP Logged)

09 March, 2012 19:59
Got to laugh at Graeme Speirs stating that a lot of Scottish football supporters,(and Celtic fans in particular), Wrongly have no sympathy for Rangers....concluding that the "Game" will wither on the vine in Scotland without Rangers.

AirdrieLad1977
AirdrieLad1977 (IP Logged)

09 March, 2012 20:16

Alan Clark
2LGM (IP Logged)

09 March, 2012 21:03
Heard the tail end of the discussion on talksport and Matt Holland summed it up with "what goes around comes around". Simple really.

Texaco Fan
Texaco Fan (IP Logged)

09 March, 2012 21:57
Makes it all come flooding back. We're lucky to have a team to watch. Even if it's sh 1te just now!

As for Rangers, f vck them. Big tax case will still sink them - will the SPL teams have the bottle to kick them into touch?

MESSAGES->author
Spitzy (IP Logged)

09 March, 2012 22:11
Living the dream.

Glenmavis Diamond

10 March, 2012 00:10
Rangers going to the wall could well be the wake up call Scottish football needs.

Heard a supposed pundit on afooty phone in last night saying others teams wont stand a chance of winning the league & would only be Celtic. Er.... When did any club other than the Old Firm last win the league anyway?!?!

They overspent money they didn't have & should suffer the consequences that other clubs have in the past.

There is absolutely NO WAY that they should be let off with their outrageous tax bill.

GSTQ
GSTQ (IP Logged)

10 March, 2012 03:16
@#$%& them and the other cheek of the same @#$%&

FTOF

airdrieonians

10 March, 2012 10:00
Quote:
AirdrieLad1977
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/rising-from-ashes-not-as-graceful-as-it-seems.16969576

it got the bit wrong about the chairman being an Airdrieonians supporter

Glenmavis Diamond

10 March, 2012 10:48
I see the Blue Knights group are confident in buying Rangers & reaching a "favourable" deal with the creditors.

So if I don't want to pay my tax bill can I call them and negotiate it down then? Can I @#$%&. I hope they tell them where to go.

AirdrieLad1977

10 March, 2012 10:51
Quote:
airdrieonians
Quote:
AirdrieLad1977
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/rising-from-ashes-not-as-graceful-as-it-seems.16969576

Never believe what you read in the papers!!!!

PS. You going to Tory Boy's 30th?

Tuco
Tuco (IP Logged)

10 March, 2012 13:40
Its a joke...a certain tabloid (The Hun) if its not just paper talk to boost sales,they reported yesterday that they only need to get shot of Whyte and the HMRC should agree a deal to only paying 10p in the £ towards clearing their debt.

Well its obvious Whyte is gone,so they saying that they are prepared to write off over £45m to save these greedy @#$%&.

I had a bit of sympathy for them early on...but if this is true then i hope they rot.Run up over £50m in unpaid tax and look like being virtually let off with it.

They say rules are different up here because the English leagues have the creditors rule while we don't.

Rangers are no different to any other company that doesn't pay it's bills or tax.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9919/wallach.jpg When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Texaco Fan
Texaco Fan (IP Logged)

10 March, 2012 20:48
Quote:
Tuco
Its a joke...a certain tabloid (The Hun) if its not just paper talk to boost sales,they reported yesterday that they only need to get shot of Whyte and the HMRC should agree a deal to only paying 10p in the £ towards clearing their debt.
Well its obvious Whyte is gone,so they saying that they are prepared to write off over £45m to save these greedy @#$%&.

I had a bit of sympathy for them early on...but if this is true then i hope they rot.Run up over £50m in unpaid tax and look like being virtually let off with it.

They say rules are different up here because the English leagues have the creditors rule while we don't.

Rangers are no different to any other company that doesn't pay it's bills or tax.
Completely agree although while the headline said 10p in the pound the quote from the administrator actually said it could be 10p, 50p or £1 and it's all up for debate! If they lose the tax case and end up owing eg £65m in total I just can't see HMRC accepting a pittance. They have a chance to make a statement and show they've got some balls against football clubs. Surely they'll take it?

jack d
jack d (IP Logged)

10 March, 2012 23:25
Whyte wont go away,and that will be a big problem for any prospective buyer.

MESSAGES->author
OlderB (IP Logged)

11 March, 2012 05:52
Quote:
AirdrieLad1977
Quote:
airdrieonians
Quote:
AirdrieLad1977

I'm going- get home on the Thursday night travel down Friday and big swally on Saturday! As for Rangers- fack them, no sympathy!

AirdrieLad1977

11 March, 2012 09:50
Quote:
OlderB
Quote:
AirdrieLad1977
Quote:
airdrieonians
Quote:
AirdrieLad1977

I'm going- get home on the Thursday night travel down Friday and big swally on Saturday! As for Rangers- fack them, no sympathy!

Didn't think yu would be back for it, last ever swally in blighty! That could end up messy............

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net