football
Latest News:

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
60sfan
60sfan (IP Logged)

East Fife updates
25 February, 2012 16:17
NHot that many really give a sh*t now, but Adam has been sent off and we are 1 down (a penalty).

60sfan
60sfan (IP Logged)

Re: East Fife updates
25 February, 2012 16:42
Lynch has now been sent off.

60sfan
60sfan (IP Logged)

25 February, 2012 16:49
Now 2 down

60sfan
60sfan (IP Logged)

25 February, 2012 16:54
Game over. Lost 2-0 and down to 9 men. At least this gives Jimmy an excuse.

jimd
jimd (IP Logged)

25 February, 2012 17:15
we just will not learn disapline nil,face it we are a rubish team with a rubish manager and are heading to play offs at wrong end.

Clan Chief
Clan Chief (IP Logged)

25 February, 2012 17:29
Something better change! But we all know it wont

Arthur Wilson
Sergeant Wilson (IP Logged)

25 February, 2012 17:37
Quote:
Clan Chief
Something better change!
That's not how it went.

Something's happening and it's happening right now

You're too blind to see it

Something's happening and it's happening right now

Ain't got time to wait

I said something better change

25 February, 2012 19:08
I prefer, "Go Jimmy. Go Jimmy, Go Jimmy. Go Jimmy. Go, Go Go!"........but he won't.

Diamond Forever
Diamond Forever (IP Logged)

25 February, 2012 19:18
<> "5 minutes and you're almost there.."

sang Jimmy to the players after 85mins.

Followed by "96 tears" at the end of extra time. <>

Just Me
Just Me (IP Logged)

25 February, 2012 19:24
Has anyone got a record of how many sending offs we've had since Jimmy took over? Surely a disciplinary code should be in place. If he can't control the players it's another reason for him to declare he's had enough and walk.

Question?
Question? (IP Logged)

25 February, 2012 19:43
Next Two games are away to Arbroath on Wed night then Cowden at Airdrie next Saturday.

I wonder how many goals we will see flying past our "goalies" in these two games.

Unreal we are in the days of being afraid to play Cowdenbeath and the likes with a gutless bunch of eh footballers prancing about a park.

No point in saying anything about the Two JB's as no doubt it will be the usual full steam ahead.

jack d
jack d (IP Logged)

25 February, 2012 19:46
Thers been a lot of talk about clarity relating to Rangers ,but all football clubs are unfortunately in the same boat.i.e. Where does money come from to pay Jimmy off if he does have a contract,then whats the enticement for a new manager coming in with no money to spend and trying to keep costs down,with a dwindling fan base.
To improve the Club needs another source of investment,and a fan base that has the potential to increase.
At present the conditions don't exist.
I would say our best bet would be a ground share or even a merger with the Rovers,but thats unlikely.
Basically what AUFC needs to do is look at Arbroath,or Cowdenbeath,and see if theres anything they do that we don't other than win regularly.
Said it before,and I'll say it again yawning smileyur worst ever action was "getting above ourselves" ,in the nineties and selling old Broomfield,as well as going full(fool) time.
Sure it got us a few days in the sun,but we sure are paying for it now.

Rusty2
Rusty2 (IP Logged)

25 February, 2012 19:46
More like the two Ronnies!!

Mind you at least they were successful!!

Diamond Forever

25 February, 2012 19:48
Quote:
Question?
Next Two games are away to Arbroath on Wed night then Cowden at Airdrie next Saturday.
I wonder how many goals we will see flying past our "goalies" in these two games.

Unreal we are in the days of being afraid to play Cowdenbeath and the likes with a gutless bunch of eh footballers prancing about a park.

No point in saying anything about the Two JB's as no doubt it will be the usual full steam ahead.

A case of "Yes, there's light at the end of the tunnel - but what's that you say? - It's another train coming towards us......" CRASH!

How to watch your club's season fall apart in slow motion.... Jimmy please agree to step down in May. <>

RatOot
RatOot (IP Logged)

25 February, 2012 19:50
Should never have sacked Sandy Stewart.

jack d
jack d (IP Logged)

25 February, 2012 19:56
Quote:
RatOot
Should never have sacked Sandy Stewart.
"you don't know what you got till its gone"(Sm103)

Diamond Forever

25 February, 2012 19:57
Quote:
jack d
Thers been a lot of talk about clarity relating to Rangers ,but all football clubs are unfortunately in the same boat.i.e. Where does money come from to pay Jimmy off if he does have a contract,then whats the enticement for a new manager coming in with no money to spend and trying to keep costs down,with a dwindling fan base.
To improve the Club needs another source of investment,and a fan base that has the potential to increase.
At present the conditions don't exist.
I would say our best bet would be a ground share or even a merger with the Rovers,but thats unlikely.
Basically what AUFC needs to do is look at Arbroath,or Cowdenbeath,and see if theres anything they do that we don't other than win regularly.
Said it before,and I'll say it again yawning smileyur worst ever action was "getting above ourselves" ,in the nineties and selling old Broomfield,as well as going full(fool) time.
Sure it got us a few days in the sun,but we sure are paying for it now.

<> As far as we can assume Jimmy's contract ends in May. On NO account should that be renewed (even until Christmas). Another manager coming in would be on similar terms and given similar expectations ("keep us in Div. 2" rather than "get us into the play offs").

There would be umpteen applications for the manager's position - because to a man they would all try and convince Ballantyne they would do a good job and aim for the play offs. Quite frankly, could they do any worse than Jimmy Boyle?

It's not time to give up yet - we still have something to build on, but if Ballantyne renews Jimmy's contract it will be a disaster for us. <>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/02/2012 20:00 by Diamond Forever.

jack d
jack d (IP Logged)

25 February, 2012 20:02
How about two guys that might do a job: Alan Maitland (yes I know hes always mentioned),or Gary Bollan.

diamonds77
diamonds77 (IP Logged)

25 February, 2012 20:06
The teams a joke jimmy and his side kicks aint got a clue !!

Diamond Forever

25 February, 2012 20:19
Quote:
jack d
How about two guys that might do a job: Alan Maitland (yes I know hes always mentioned),or Gary Bollan.

<> No expert but think those 2, or indeed another manager would get more out the players. But I've reread my previous post and I'm not convinced Ballantyne will think this season is a failure/write off. He'll respond by saying this season was all about "Div. 2 stability, developing youth - and will cite Donnely and others, and Jimmy doing a good but difficult job". He will always fall back on the low crowds as an obstruction to allow the club to progress.

Said it before - don't be surprised if Jimmy is still here until Christmas, or worse another season. <>

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net