football
Latest News:

Big Evan
Big Evan (IP Logged)

How Long till Livi go bust again
21 February, 2012 10:50
It has not had much publicity due to the goings on in govan but Livi have appointed John Hughes and John Collins as manager and director of football. Whilst both will have been looking for a way back into the game neither will be on small change wages and will want to bring in decent players.

I give it three years and they will be in administration again.

What do you think?

Old Diamond
Old Diamond (IP Logged)

Re: How Long till Livi go bust again
21 February, 2012 11:17
Will it have any impact of the future of Airdrie? - No
Therefore do we really care? - No

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2012 11:19 by Old Diamond.

wee henry
wee henry (IP Logged)

21 February, 2012 12:58
See where your coming from mate-i can see Dundee doing the same again as well.Last few months they had Gavin Rae and now Nigel Quashie.These teams should be investigated before it happens again and the Scottish League will be wondering how it happened again right in front of there eyes.Look at Portsmouth-one of there players is on 30,000 a week yet no bills are being paid and small business's are being shafted.livvy are Dundee are gambling on getting to the premier but will be bailed out by paying 5 pence in the pound again to all the debts they run up trying

airdrieonians
airdrieonians (IP Logged)

21 February, 2012 16:48
Put it this way, would you prefer Jimmy Boyle and the backroom boys to a John Hughes & John Collins partnership.
for the record they have both stated that they are NOT on an inflated salary, but prepared to work for not much at all.
Both were eager to get back into football, but part of that was they were looking to a forward thinking club with a remit to bring through youths to sell on eventually.
Much the same as us only we have: no plan, no money,no hope and no interest.

at one time we could have given them a better potential and bigger platform to prove themselves than Livi, They are nothing in terms of a football club, its a sad sad day we are way further down the pecking order for managers and coaches looking for work.

Polomint
Murraymint (IP Logged)

21 February, 2012 18:15
Quote:
airdrieonians
Put it this way, would you prefer Jimmy Boyle and the backroom boys to a John Hughes & John Collins partnership.
for the record they have both stated that they are NOT on an inflated salary, but prepared to work for not much at all.
Both were eager to get back into football, but part of that was they were looking to a forward thinking club with a remit to bring through youths to sell on eventually.
Much the same as us only we have: no plan, no money,no hope and no interest.

at one time we could have given them a better potential and bigger platform to prove themselves than Livi, They are nothing in terms of a football club, its a sad sad day we are way further down the pecking order for managers and coaches looking for work.

And how is it in 1992?

airdrieonians
airdrieonians (IP Logged)

21 February, 2012 18:18
better than now, dont you think?

Benano
Benano (IP Logged)

21 February, 2012 18:55
1992 - what a year.

Will we see 2022? Of course we will, Polomint and his pet lizard will be there.

Polomint
Murraymint (IP Logged)

21 February, 2012 19:05
Just saw footage of Airdrie town centre in 1992 (when they installed the CCTV) and it looked better than today.

Here's what was TOTP this week in 1992:

1 Shakespear's Sister - Stay
2 Wet Wet Wet - Goodnight Girl
3 Michael Jackson - Remember The Time
4 The Pasadenas - I'm Doing Fine Now
5 The Temptations - My Girl {1992}
6 Curtis Stigers - I Wonder Why
7 Shanice - I Love Your Smile {1992}
8 2 Unlimited - Twilight Zone
9 Simply Red - For Your Babies
10 Opus III - It's A Fine Day
11 Bryan Adams - Thought I'd Died And Gone To Heaven
12 Kylie Minogue - Give Me Just A Little More Time
13 Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody/These Are The Days Of Our Lives
14 N-Joi - Live In Manchester (Parts 1 And 2)
15 Madness - It Must Be Love {1992}
16 Kicks Like A Mule - The Bouncer
17 Michael Bolton - Steel Bars
18 Pearl Jam - Alive
19 The Jesus And Mary Chain - Reverence
20 Julia Fordham - Love Moves (In Mysterious Ways)

Arthur Wilson
Sergeant Wilson (IP Logged)

21 February, 2012 20:50
Quote:
Polomint
The Pasadenas - I'm Doing Fine Now

They still are!

jack d
jack d (IP Logged)

21 February, 2012 22:58
Ah yes Wet Wet Wet, somethings don't change....,,and I do believe that Collins is not taking much if any salary at all from Livi,and Yogi is their Manager in for the very unfortunate Gary Bollan,who would just not proceed full tilt with a youth policy.
Also checked the 1992 situ,as per the Mint and all I saw that was worthwhile was an old Glasgow Corporation bus...if that makes the Town look better then ..whatever makes you happy ,I suppose .

Polomint
Murraymint (IP Logged)

22 February, 2012 18:06
But we still had Woolies and WH Smiths!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net