football
Latest News:

This message board is open to all but you must register on either this or any other Sportnetwork Site first - otherwise you can't post here. All fans are welcome but due to abusive postings in recent weeks we've had to restrict access to those who "register" first. Thank You.

Good luck Cardiff City
Jack Regan (IP Logged)
22 May, 2010 08:44
Well, today is the day. As 40,000 city fans travel to Wembley, their hopes rest on an 18 man squad.

On paper, there's not much to divide the teams, two 1-1 draws over the season. Blackpool brushed aside Forest quite easily, whilst City made heavy work of despatching Leicester. So, who do other fans want to see reach the Premier League? There's a school of thought that says the whole of England will be behind Blackpool, but I'm not so sure. Many of my English friends are looking forward to seeing Cardiff in the Premier, with their travelling fans probably selling out their ticket allocation for each away match. Let's be honest, Blackpool's average gate of 8,500 doesn't instill a feeling of atmosphere for a premier league match does it? But, it's not size that matters! It's how the teams perform on the day, and if you'd asked me on nthe last day of the season who I'd want in a final, I would have said Blackpool. However, after watching them deal with Forest, I'm a little more nervous.

DJ Campbell was terrific, as was Charlie Adam, but I think that City probably have the edge with more match winners in the team. We know that Chopra can pop up and score at any time, and most clubs put 2 defenders on him, which opens gaps to be exploited by Whitts. It's no coincidence they've scored 45 goals between them this season. Then we have the absolutely fantastic Bothrotyd, who has been a revelation this season with his hold up play and silky skills. Ledley and McPhail, surely the best centre midfield pairing in the division. Burke, a handfull for any defender. With Etuhu's pace and McCormack's ability on the bench, things are looking good. There are plenty of goals in this team.

Remember, this is a team that could not afford to strengthen in the new year. Could that be telling? Could that be what has created this bond the team has, coupled with last years dissappointment?

So, whatever happens today, City have excelled. They've achieved something while struggling to field a team on occassions due to injuries and illness.

City, now is the time to step up to the plate, take this game in your stride and show what you're capable of. In a few hours we'll know what league we'll be playing in.

Come on City, you know you can do it.

Bluebirds!!!!!

Re: Good luck Cardiff City
kiwipete (IP Logged)
25 May, 2010 06:39
unlucky lads-congrats to blackpool and may i just add the comments made by certain fecking numptys on our board do not reflect what the real football fans think-you have-as us and millwall and every other club in the country a very small-minded minority of 24 carat waaankers-i have enjoyed my banter with stan for many years and it will continue-the vitriol and venom p-osted by some of our so called fans is absolute bollux-childish i would say-looking forward to the games next season-pete-(Sm160)

stan-apparently im one of the olde school network--im glad-the young cnuts have no idea sometimes-future of the country---think its best to emigrate mate-thumbs down

http://www.bbc.co.uk/leeds/content/images/2004/11/25/don_revie_billy_bremner_lead_203x152.jpg
IM MEMORY OF THE BEST CAPTAIN AND GREATEST MANAGER IN OUR HISTORY--RIP BILLY AND DON

2013 PREDICTION LEAGUE---5TH

Texan (IP Logged)
26 May, 2010 20:57
Is it insane that at one point in the second half, I actually thought, "Is this my fault for not changing into a Cardiff shirt after getting out of bed?"

Stan Ogden (IP Logged)
26 May, 2010 21:07
(Sm6)

Jack Regan (IP Logged)
27 May, 2010 13:56
Bottom line is Tex, we just weren't any good once Bothroyd went off injured.

On a brighter note, it was the highest scoring Play Off final (Championship) for many years. Most others being 1-0 affairs. So, credit to both teams and managers for setting out to attack and score goals, and to give us an entertaining game. Our luck wasn't with us, and Blackpools was.

A Sheffield Wednesday fan I know text me half way through the first half saying what a game it was, so even the nuetrals will have enjoyed it.

So, onwards and upwards, another improved finish next season should see us go up automatically.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net