Latest news:
New Page 1

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
We're being sued
Discussion started by an angry wolf , 09 May, 2019 17:31
We're being sued
an angry wolf 09 May, 2019 17:31
Some may recall a guy that came on this board saying he had designed the wolves head and wasnt getting recognition for it. Well he has just been on sky sports news and he is basically suing the club - it'd be interesting if he could post on here to update what's going on as I'm fairly sure it's the same person.

Re: We're being sued
Cheshire wolf 11 May, 2019 11:12
I do remember that Angry. Interesting!

Ivybridge Wolf 12 May, 2019 12:45
I tried to search for the exact thread the other day, without success. Got ot be one and the same, I'm sure. I wonder why he didn't make the legal challenge in 79/80 when we established the Wolf's head?!! lol. £££££££ perhaps?

And whilst we're at it, I think I had something to do with the old 1970s three wolves logo .... sure I drew something similar at play school when I was 3. If only I could find the precise evidence ....!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

an angry wolf 12 May, 2019 14:31
Not that he will, but if he does win the case for a substantial sum I hope he will remember all the support we offered him on this site during his legal battle and donates a small percentage of the kitty to us here. Naturally I will manage the sum of monies as one of the more trusted members and divide it equally between all worthy contributors.

Cheshire wolf 13 May, 2019 14:26
Quote:
an angry wolf
Not that he will, but if he does win the case for a substantial sum I hope he will remember all the support we offered him on this site during his legal battle and donates a small percentage of the kitty to us here. Naturally I will manage the sum of monies as one of the more trusted members and divide it equally between all worthy contributors.

You're all heart Angry!!

Ivybridge Wolf 13 May, 2019 18:10
Trustee's financial meetings in deepest Norfolk, no doubt? (Sm14)

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

an angry wolf 13 May, 2019 19:09
thumbs down

Lupinehowler 15 May, 2019 20:11
Apparently he lost the case.

maiseytaw 16 May, 2019 09:42
Confirmed - case thrown out.

[www.expressandstar.com]

an angry wolf 16 May, 2019 10:56
Pity, I had plans for that cash

Andy Fincher 23 May, 2019 22:13
He's facing bankruptcy after 250 000k court costs.

an angry wolf 23 May, 2019 23:01
Civil law needs looking at with regards to "costs " incurred even when the case is a valid one unlike this it seems. I had a case myself around a decade ago for a more modest sum of 60 grand but after learning my legal costs would mean a similar amount could be charged to me, elected not to fight it with the relevant company. The fees are extortionate and discourage any kind of civil litigation making a mockery of the whole process.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/05/2019 23:13 by an angry wolf.

Ivybridge Wolf 26 May, 2019 14:54
Personally, I feel the whole judicial system is weighted towards those who can afford it. Hardly the basis for appropriate justice.

I hadn't seen the BBC link below until today. Peter Davies gets his face on the web. Was he poorly advised? Surely the very basis of his case hinged on his ability to absolutly prove the time and date he was supposed to have produced his Wolf's head .... as oppose to copying it after 1979/80. He couldn't do this. Even if he did design the head, no proof, no win. What were his solicitors thinking?

£250,000 owed to Wolves. I wonder if they will compromise in any way - would not be supriosed if they did. He's lost everything. One thing in his favour - he lives in Stourport - lovely place.

BBC article and mug shot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/05/2019 17:52 by Ivybridge Wolf.

an angry wolf 26 May, 2019 17:26
The whole judicial system from a civil law perspective needs ripping up and completely restructured from top to bottom. I have a fair amount of experience in civil law over the years both from perspective of defendant and plaintiff with huge discrepancies between what could be construed to be remotely fair and the true state of affairs.

Criminal law is based on beyond reasonable doubt contrary to civil law which is " on the balance of probability " which essentially means what side of the bed the judge in each specific case gets out of. The costs accrued for either defending a case or starting proceedings yourself mean the consequences of losing can be more disastrous that losing a criminal case... after all can jail be much worse than being rendered homeless with all possessions taken due to astronomical fees set out by a bunch of bureaucrats? I was on the receiving end of a civil law suit where the plaintiff which was a large company sent me a 400 page document - the cost of which was added to my "bill" that I owed. The first 25 pages was literally describing air in a property and who owned it if repossession occurred lol. Civil law cases are awash with pretentious pen pushing waffle merchants who make careers out of padded out pontification attempting to over complicate the simplest cases with endless paperwork/verbal diarrhea so they can add exorbitant fees under the guise of " time spent" on a case... often hundreds of pounds per hour to churn out this guff. Many people dont go down the civil litigation route due to this and the consequences being life ruining if a judge rules against them- in civil law you could put the same case infront of 100 different judges in 100 different courts and you would get a different outcome. Who wants to play Russian roulette like that?

I've represented myself in both civil cases and once even in a criminal case to cut out these septic BS spewers - at least you don't have the horror of your supposed own legal team presenting you with an obscene bill at the end of a case if they are incompetent. There should be a cap on any amount of fees added to a case regardless if its from the plaintiff/defendant to stop an OAP being presented with a bill for quarter of a million over whether a wolfs head was designed by him or someone else. How much does it cost for a group of people to assemble in a room and discuss whether a club crest is attributable to this guy or someone else?

an angry wolf 26 May, 2019 17:27
I'm actually going through a case with BT sports presently albeit for a small sum

Cheshire wolf 27 May, 2019 12:19
I can't disagree with what you say Angry, and I wish you well in taking on BT

an angry wolf 27 May, 2019 12:41
TY Cheshire, I filed a defence form and a few weeks ago received a " Do I wish to have mediation " request form from BT. I ticked no so waiting for the next stage - I won't negotiate with these charlatans!... of course it's easy to be more laid back when the sum is only a few hundred pounds contrary to the poor sod owing 250 k.

Another issue that needs addressing is the time given to respond to these claims. If for eg a company sends a claim at the start of May and you are on holiday not responding within 28 days then the court rules against you in a default judgement with the subsequent CCJ wrecking your credit file for the next 5 years. I had an incident a few years ago where one company wrote to a house I wasnt living at believing I was there when I had left the year previously and a CCJ had been issued without my knowledge simply because I wasnt there to respond. It's utterly ridiculous that laws like this exist and a guy arguing about a wolfs head can owe quarter of a million as an OAP.

chicagowolf 28 May, 2019 14:50
Quote:
an angry wolf
TY Cheshire, I filed a defence form and a few weeks ago received a " Do I wish to have mediation " request form from BT. I ticked no so waiting for the next stage - I won't negotiate with these charlatans!... of course it's easy to be more laid back when the sum is only a few hundred pounds contrary to the poor sod owing 250 k.

Another issue that needs addressing is the time given to respond to these claims. If for eg a company sends a claim at the start of May and you are on holiday not responding within 28 days then the court rules against you in a default judgement with the subsequent CCJ wrecking your credit file for the next 5 years. I had an incident a few years ago where one company wrote to a house I wasnt living at believing I was there when I had left the year previously and a CCJ had been issued without my knowledge simply because I wasnt there to respond. It's utterly ridiculous that laws like this exist and a guy arguing about a wolfs head can owe quarter of a million as an OAP.

I know Mediation is a dirty word but if you have been through one it is an entertaining one, and requires strong nerves. It may also be the only way to get ANY recompense. I went into a Mediation a few years back and it started early in the day with the mediator, usually a retired judge or lawyer, and both parties for a discussion. This is really just a statement of the case and highlights the wide disparity. The parties are then separated and the mediator shuffles between rooms seeing where there is room for maneuver and usually ends with him/her issuing the darkest threats/predictions about what will happen without compromise. The process often works, in the sense that parties settle, feeling grubby and aggrieved. Not for the sqeamish.

an angry wolf 28 May, 2019 16:46
I actually sent this form back 6 weeks ago and have heard nothing so can they simply "give up the ghost" … surely they have to write to me confirming the case is thrown out or they aren't bothering. In any event I'm sticking to my guns and have no intention of turning up to any court for mediation. With the circumstances of the case, I can't see under any circumstances how they can win but as mentioned above you can never take anything for granted. As I already have a CCJ for another matter, I wont lose sleep should the worst happen

an angry wolf 28 June, 2019 18:28
Well gentlemen, a brief update from the ongoing saga vs the plaintiff otherwise known as the greed machine of BT sports. I received notification from my local county court that a hearing is due to take place on my birthday in August - you couldnt make this @#$%& up for the ultimate kick in the teeth with a judge stating that the case is still suitable for mediation etc etc. As if I am going to attend a country court then of all times lol, you sometimes wonder whether they pick that date just for the sake of it to incur maximum irritation.

The sum they are suing me for is only around £300 but the stakes are relatively high in so far as a CCJ would ultimately stay on my file for 6 years...I considered settling out of court but decided to stick to my guns and with a lengthy letter to the court with my paperwork outlining my views on the obscene wages of footballers which companies like BT sport perpetuate through their subscriptions taking a working mans game away from the general public on tight budgets etc. I also counter sued BT sports for £500 or a sum that the court "deemed appropriate" to educate its call handler based in India (to cut costs preventing Uk natives from gainful employment) on basic English literacy to be donated to charity connected to a local organisation within the vicinity of its third world " call centre".

Today I received a letter from the solicitors acting for BT sports informing me that their "client" has advised it wishes to withdraw proceedings and the slot in the county court will be vacated. I was relatively confident that they had an unwinnable case with no written documentation or voice recording for the 18 month contract they are alleging I had but in courts technically any outcome is possible. Providing the stakes aren't too disastrous should the worst outcome arise, it's always beneficial to stand up to these shysters. Hopefully they will slither back under the rock where they belong and go back to bullying poor sods who fold like a house of cards when the first " notice of intention to visit property " letter arises (Sm150)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net