football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Re: Match Thread: Wolves vs Brighton & HA
Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
20 April, 2019 16:56
All over and finished 0 - 0. Another example of how we fail to manage teams who simply come to defend, as we have no other game plan. MGW played well in 1st half and Vinagre showed speed and threat when he came on. Ryan made a couple of good saves but otherwise we lacked ideas on how to break them down.
Arsenal next up on Wednesday

Billericay Wolf (IP Logged)
20 April, 2019 16:57
Well that was a waste of a sunshine holiday in Spain!

wolverina (IP Logged)
20 April, 2019 17:00
Seems going out of the cup signalled the end of the season for some of our players. Disappointing really, because there's still SOMETHING to play for.

Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
20 April, 2019 18:37
Quote:
wolverina
Seems going out of the cup signalled the end of the season for some of our players. Disappointing really, because there's still SOMETHING to play for.

You’re right Wolverina as we are now in 9th position with Watford now in 7th after winning at H’field today!

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
20 April, 2019 20:02
I dont agree, we were in the cup when we lost home and away to Huddersfield for eg. The reality is we have overachieved against the big clubs for reasons I illustrated on the other thread and underachieved against the lower teams. People can make out that all these defeats to lower premiership teams are blips or due to being out of the cup but you're kidding yourselves.

We're an average premier league side who can beat or lose to anyone on a given day without the quality to be consistent but enough about us to avoid a relegation fight. If people want to kid themselves it's down to being out of the cup more fool them.. we need better quality upfront. We took over 2 hours to take the lead against a league one Shrewsbury side over 2 matches so why people think failing to take 3 points against Brighton who sit back in a similar fashion defending is a great shock Ive no idea. (Sm55)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/04/2019 20:04 by an angry wolf.

Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
20 April, 2019 20:26
The pattern of play does not change from one game to the next and if I have noticed it I am sure that the opposition managers have also and will set up their team to nullify and take advantage.
I actually think that we have got quality up front what we don’t have is a play maker with some level of creativity or flair that can offer something more to the strikers over and above the long “chase me” pass that seems to be our only outlet.
When we were in the Champ Costa and Cav were inventive enough to make our play attractive and could take on players for fun. That is no longer the case and needs to be addressed sooner rather than later or we will really be found out next season.

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
20 April, 2019 20:40
Top strikers drop back and create chances. Whilst we are on the subject of goals, I'm sick of Neves blasting the ball at goal from ridiculous distances. He does score from a few long range shots but thats only because he has countless shots game after game flying everywhere meaning our attacking play breaks up. It'd be nice to see him play a few killer balls to our "strikers " instead of scoring 3 points for wigan every game

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
20 April, 2019 21:30
It was a lovely day. I think I caught the sun a bit, sitting there in the North Bank. That was the good news.
Brighton were the most boring team to come to Molineux this season. They made no attempt to win the game and not much of an attempt to score a goal, understandable given their situation.
I suppose we can say that we were a little unlucky with hitting the woodwork twice but it's up to us to break these teams down. It's happened so many times this season that it's obvious we have a problem there.
Jota was probably our best player though Gibbs-White had a good first half and Vinagre did well when he came on.
On to Arsenal.

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
20 April, 2019 22:30
A thoroughly frustrating afternoons football played in fantastic weather conditions. Got the train in today, a couple (Bathams) in the Great Western and another couple (Bradleys Finest Golden) in the Lych Gate and onto Molineux - A lovely bright colourful setting!

Effectively for 90 minutes we completely controlled the ball and proceedings versus a side set up to defend, defend, defend. And why wouldn’t they? They are desperate for each precious point and apart from a few rare moments of true goal mouth excitement we failed - again - to break the opposition down.

I felt we looked really static up front. The approach play was too predictable, too methodical and we often just did not have the bodies in the box at crucial moments. We can have all the % of play, all the shots on goal, all the corners in the world but today, similar to many matches v sides fighting for their lives, we come up short. On our day, we can beat anyone, it’s true, however next season Nuno has to come up with a way to unlock resolute defensive set ups. Yes, fabulous season, but today in a classic example of where and how we need to improve.

Hopefully Arsenal will attack us on Wednesday, we’ll have a chance then!! One positive today, it might be the point to relegate Cardiff ... and I like my trips to Brighton.

UTW!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net