football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Darren is no more
Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 20:06
After failing to beat Ipswich, West Brom have sacked Darren Moore. It's hard being a manager these days, they're still in the play-off places after all.

Re: Darren is no more
chicagowolf (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 21:55
When things go wrong it can be quite difficult to get used to your new, worse, circumstances.
I suspect that the Baggies will have plenty of time, hopefully many long years, to adjust. ‘Bye Darren, you loyal Servant. 🤪

irishwolf (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 22:02
Th majority of clubs have no patience.
They want success immediately.
It will be a long time before any West Brom fan can make jokes at Wolves(Sm15)

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 00:44
tbh the old patience argument is what held wolves back for years... west broms objective is promotion and they should be challenging for automatic promotion not the lottery of the playoffs. I can see why they got rid.

irishwolf (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 16:34
Angry, they are only 9 points off the automatic place!
I agree that there is is only so much patience you can have without success but there are only 2 automatic spots... so if you are not challenging for these 2 spots then it is understanable for managers to get the sack? There are a lot of big clubs in the Championship who feel they should be in the premiership.
Darren Moore seemed to have the support of fans and players alike... i think they sacked him too soon.

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 18:47
Quote:
irishwolf
Angry, they are only 9 points off the automatic place!
I agree that there is is only so much patience you can have without success but there are only 2 automatic spots... so if you are not challenging for these 2 spots then it is understanable for managers to get the sack? There are a lot of big clubs in the Championship who feel they should be in the premiership.
Darren Moore seemed to have the support of fans and players alike... i think they sacked him too soon.

What do you mean "only 9 points off an automatic place " ,that's a fcking chasm lol. It may seem a fairly harsh sacking but west brom are no where near the promotion spots. A playoff spot isnt a promotion spot, its a 4 ticket lottery for teams who failed to get the required number of points.

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 15:15
I'm surprised 'Big Dave's' been given the chop in the lead up to the playoffs. Nobody was seemingly predicting that one. Personally, I thought he'd done more than a half decent job. Apparently however, there were plenty of boo's post match. Good point for Lambert's Ipswich but too little too late - he's managed just 2 wins in 22 matches at Portman Road.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net