football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Last piece of the puzzle
chicagowolf (IP Logged)
08 March, 2019 12:45
The USA soccer season just started so I thought I might go down this weekend to see the Chicago Fire play. Orlando are visiting. The standard of football is not high (think Accrington vs Walsall) but it is easy to get a ticket and you can drink beer in your seat.
However, being slightly more interested In Wolves than the local team, I had not noticed that during the close season we had signed a new player, Polish striker Frankowski. I feared the worst but was delighted to see this was not the same guy who did so well at the Mol. Hope he does better than his namesake.

Re: Last piece of the puzzle
Billericay Wolf (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 16:10
(Sm13)

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 21:34
Terrible game. Bastion Schweinsteiger is well past his sell by date. Chicago conceded a sloppy goal then had a player sent off. But by some miracle Frankowski launched one into the box during added time, it was headed in and 1-1 .
Looking forward to some REAL football Sunday against Chelsea

irishwolf (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 21:58
Hi Chicago, i agree with your opinions on soccer in the USA.
If they ever want to progress as a serious soccer nation they should start developing young players instead of spending millions on players who are way over the hill eg Gerrard, Rooney, Pirlo etc.
I see China are going down the same road!
Its more like a circus than a league.

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 15:25
Watch out Chicago ... Freddie Eastwood will be showing up next!!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 11:50
Quote:
Ivybridge Wolf
Watch out Chicago ... Freddie Eastwood will be showing up next!!
👍

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
17 March, 2019 01:22
Ah, the beautiful game. One day you are watching donkeys playing. - Chicago vs Orlando. - the next, the poetry that is 2019 Wolverhampton Wanderers. The glow from today will take a while to wear off. Magic.

WEDNESFIELDWOLF (IP Logged)
21 March, 2019 04:03
if you think that's bad, how about the goal machine that is Andy Keogh (aka the scarecrow!) is still banging them in for Perth Glory in the A League in Australia...

in the words of Greavsie, it's a funny old game.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs047.snc1/4438_103655421656_667886656_2368263_1770489_s.jpg

GOTTA LOVE THESE GOLD COAST WINTERS!!

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
21 March, 2019 17:29
Quote:
WEDNESFIELDWOLF
if you think that's bad, how about the goal machine that is Andy Keogh (aka the scarecrow!) is still banging them in for Perth Glory in the A League in Australia...
in the words of Greavsie, it's a funny old game.

Good to hear from you Wednesfield! I've checked Keogh's stats with wiki .... 40 goals from 85 appearances ...such rare talent .... there is only one possible conclusion ... Angry will be out on the first available flight! (Sm2)(Sm1)

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
22 March, 2019 13:19
Im on a flight to athens tomorrow , currently typing this in a cafe in sofia.... bulgarias prob got the rudest people in any country Ive ever been. Ive been involved in more arguments in 5 days in sofia than ten years on this board which says it all. Reading about worzels activities has just added to the misery of this awful trip so cheers for that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net