football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Tammy Abraham - caution!
Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 17:31
Well, if you surf the net for about 5 seconds or less, you will read that Tammy will be coming our way very soon - hopefully prior to Manchester City.

Whilst he only scored 5 in 31 for Swansea in the prem, he is still young and determined at 21 and he's doing well at Villa as he did at Ashton Gate (I'm sure he put at least one passed us there?), albeit in the chump.

Worth a go in my view, though wonder whether this marks a slight change in the way Nunon sees things up front? I could see Jiminez and Abraham linking up well - though in our current forward three formation? Not sure.

Anyway, let's have a go - one thing that seems odd is that Tim Spiers is reporting there is NO clause to purchase at the seasons end? Strange that?

And the caution? I can only hope the famous transfer fax machine is working well and everyone involved watches their spelling ..... Timmy Abraham, Tammy's brother is currently on Fulhams books, apparently!

UTW!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Re: Tammy Abraham - caution!
Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
07 January, 2019 18:51
It seems that Chelsea want him to gain Premiership experience but don’t want to sell at this point. Personally I feel indifferent about this but will wait to see how he performs if he does arrive.

Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
08 January, 2019 13:33
I think we have dodged a bullet.

irishwolf (IP Logged)
08 January, 2019 16:21
it was obvious there was a problem when he was dragging his heels all weekend... another player who is not as good as he thinks he is,,, otherwise Chelsea would be re-calling him to the squad. After all, Chelsea are hardly setting the premiership alight.
Good riddance to him i say.

08 January, 2019 17:04
It's a case of over and out then? Whoever comes in, ideally I would prefer them not to be loans - or at least have a committment to us. Clearly Tammy did not have that. Would love someone to come in as a real link up for Jiminez - no idea who however!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
08 January, 2019 17:53
Dont know much about him but had he signed Im sure the " he is better than he thinks he is " would have been replaced by " he looks quality scoring over 20 goals for the vile so far this season"

09 January, 2019 22:37
5 Live suggesting this evening that we remain interested and FIFA need to rule as to whether Abraham’s appearance in a Chelsea U23 and the charity shield (or whatever!) counts as officially representing Chelsea. If it does, he couldn’t sign then play for us this season. Thus, they alluded, Abraham did not want to sign for us until resolved.

oldngold (IP Logged)
13 January, 2019 11:40
U23 counts as a competitive game so I don't think he can sign on loan anyway although that hasn't been confirmed yet. The Vile are obviously enjoying the fact he has "decided to stay".

I think that is bollocks. He is a Chelsea player and desperately wants to show what he can do and force his way into their reckoning. Wolves are playing well and creating chances and need a goalscorer to help us push towards European qualification.

A great opportunity for Abraham to be part of an exciting team that is creating chances but needs someone to start converting. If he does that in the Premier league he would force himself into the reckoning at Chelsea as well as earn the opportunity for 120K per week contract with Wolves.

He had a choice of that opportunity and being in the Wolves match day squad to play Man City or playing for Vile against Wigan

Yeah right he decided to stay loyal to Villa.....?

Don't think so, I think the problem is that he cannot go on loan to Wolves and play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2019 11:43 by oldngold.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net