football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Match Thread: Wolves vs Liverpool FC
Wolves (IP Logged)
21 December, 2018 07:39
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/01/2019 11:13 by Cheshire wolf.

Re: Match Thread: Wolves vs Liverpool FC
Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
21 December, 2018 17:02
Which Wolves will it be tonight?

The excellent v Man City, Arsenal version or the v Huddersfield, Cardiff version.

I fancy us to put on a good showing personally. I too will be 'fueling' my viewing down the pub tonight together with 3-4 of the local Wolves fans down here in Ivybridge and hopefully not too many Liverpool supporters.

COYW!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
21 December, 2018 18:31
I shall be watching it in The Bear with two Liverpool fans so we had better win.

wolverina (IP Logged)
21 December, 2018 18:55
I'll be following on the BBC website! Not expecting a lot but who can tell - depends which team turns up!

Merry Christmas everybody and hope the New Year proves a good one!

x smiling smiley

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
21 December, 2018 19:32
Im watching it on my laptop, no pubs round here showing it

Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
21 December, 2018 21:01
Quote:
an angry wolf

Bloody Hell angry you must be out in the sticks if you’ve got no pub nearby with Sky Sports!!

wolverina (IP Logged)
21 December, 2018 21:26
Oh dear - 0-2 - hope that's all they score!

Billericay Wolf (IP Logged)
21 December, 2018 21:50
0-2 FT. Oh well, we didn't disgrace ourselves.

wolverina (IP Logged)
21 December, 2018 21:57
Thought it was fairly inevitable but nobody's beating them at the moment. Still very happy with current position!

21 December, 2018 22:31
Quote:
Cheshire wolf
Quote:
an angry wolf

Bloody Hell angry you must be out in the sticks if you’ve got no pub nearby with Sky Sports!!

I dont have a shop within 7 miles let alone a pub

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
21 December, 2018 22:57
Honourable defeat! Arrrrggg!

We huffed and puffed in front of goal and never seemed likely to blow the goal down, nevertheless we played well and plenty of positives. Oh to have a Mo Salah. This players class was the difference.

I hope we can take these positives into the match versus Fulham. I really don’t want to see us capitulate there!

Well played Wolves, we’ve come a long way .... and a measure of what I believe our capability is that I am disappointed about tonight, regardless of our effort and general play.

UTW!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Julius Cesar Wolf (IP Logged)
21 December, 2018 22:59
I have mixed emotions.

Losing to Liverpool this season in the manner we did is far from a disgrace.Just wished we had made more of a fist than what we did.

Not our best performance,more a respectable one than anything else.

We haven´t won a Friday prem fixture since 1965!

We must buy ourselves a better midfield than we currently have to be able to seriously challenge the top six.

Ruben Neves?

I am not sure anymore,not at all.

22 December, 2018 00:26
The midfield isn't the problem, the strikers are and would suggest we created as many chances as Liverpool if not more.. swap our strikers for their forwards and we win the game. Obviously that's what sets elite teams aside from the rest as they are able to afford players like Salah whose touch for the first goal was sublime - beyond anything our strikers are capable of. Jimenez held the ball up very well but I got the impression we could still be playing next week and not score. We need a clinical finisher to partner Jimenez ideally but whether we have the ambition to get one will remain to be seen.

I thought we were very unlucky to be behind at half time but second half Liverpool ran out worthy winners. Why Nuno keeps bringing Traore off I've no idea as we look half the team we did when we lost his pace upfront... neves looks utter sh1te these days and his obsession with shooting from 50 yards out is becoming tiresome.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net