football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Ruben Neves
Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 10:54
I was driving home from work yesterday and heard an item on TalkSport focusing on the fact that Neves is reportedly wanted by Juventus. Perhaps no surprise to hear this as he is apparently also unsurprisingly on the radar of Man City, Man Utd and all the other money clubs.

Adrian Durham - who I quite like but don't always agree with his opinions, and he is very opinionated - suggested that Neves is likely to be swayed to join a club like Juve if they do come knocking, and is such an important player for us that if he were to leave in January we could become relegation candidates! I found this somewhat insulting to the rest of our squad, whilst clearly recognising the huge impact he has on our play. The other factor Durham says should be considered is that Neves' agent - Mendes - is also Ronaldo's agent!!

Re: Ruben Neves
Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 11:44
We won't be relegated with or without Neves. I suppose there is a possibility he may be swayed if the money clubs come calling but then again Fosun have plenty of money and there must be a probability that big name players will be signed in the summer so he may be swayed to stay where he is.

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 16:28
Between now and when we are recognised as a Big Club (which may take a year or two ) many players will come and go. Losing Neves though will seem like the end of this early magic era. Hopefully not for a while though.
With one possibly two of the regulars out, and playing one of those ‘must beat’ teams it will give Nuno a chance to start testing the depth of the squad. And of course give heart to the fringe players who must be getting a bit frustrated.

24 November, 2018 13:53
Nice to see you back on the board Chicago - it's been a while!!

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 08:29
Nobody wants to see this lad go but if he did it’d be for a mighty fee. Even on an off day, his range of passing remains terrific. Whilst an absolutely brilliant and key player, I would be confident we’d be okay but I think Fosun and Nuno would put up a fight to keep hold.

Looking forward to seeing again this afternoon on the box and also another big Rueben contribution!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Julius Cesar Wolf (IP Logged)
26 November, 2018 17:13
I am not that impressed with Neves this season so far to be honest.
Overshadowed by Moutinho for the largest part,and dropping in form in sync with the 32 year old.

I do have high expectations regarding Ruben after watching him last season.

26 November, 2018 22:25
Quote:
Julius Cesar Wolf
I am not that impressed with Neves this season so far to be honest.
Overshadowed by Moutinho for the largest part,and dropping in form in sync with the 32 year old.

I do have high expectations regarding Ruben after watching him last season.

I'm surprised to hear that JCW. His passing remains excellent on the whole, and I think the great majority of our play from back to front involves him at some stage, and he has made some important tackles to prevent goals. However I do think he certainly had an off day yesterday, and he and Moutinho struggled again being outnumbered in the midfield. Moutinho has been hooked twice now in favour of Gibbs-White and I wonder whether he may get a start on Friday.
I think it's all very admirable Nuno saying he won't change things, and "this is how we play" but I can't help wondering if the time has come to change things now that we have been sussed out by teams like Huddersfield?

27 November, 2018 19:52
Cheshire..to me it looks as Neves as progressively gotten worse over the season.
He has dried up creativewise,no passes with bad intentions anymore,no shots from outside the box to speak of.

I´m sure he will bounce back though.Neves is class as we all know.Still,I was a bit worried he would suffer besides a player like Mou.Ruben needs to step up a little more and take the freedom to play his game.He is great when he does that.With MGW besides him,he will have to step up more.It might be just the thing that Ruben needs.

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
01 December, 2018 10:10
Hmmmm.

Might need to retract a few things I said earlier about our Rueben. Not been great the last two matches has he. Not to single out, they’ve all been off, but as talisman, hardly a match winner at the moment.

Form is temporary, class is permanent, so he’ll come good. Hopefully for us, though sadly not v Chelsea.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 14:32
With Neves suspended for the Chelsea match and with the performance of the team so poor against Cardiff, will we see Dendoncker playing somewhere on Wednesday and where the hell is he anyway?

04 December, 2018 15:53
Don´t see it myself.

Dendoncker isn´t ahead of Bennett nor Saiss it seems,and I don´t see him replacing Moutinho anytime soon either.

Read in E and S that he came back overweight from his summer holiday.
I find that strange,and IF true,somewhat arrogant behaviour.

He is ours I guess,we will have to buy hin for 12 Mill end of season?

Looks he has some improvement to do before getting into our starting eleven.

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 12:43
Quote:
Cheshire wolf
Nice to see you back on the board Chicago - it's been a while!!

Thanks Chesh
I do look regularly but not daily. And every time this board seems to have died it pops back to life like a vampire. Strange old world.

07 December, 2018 22:32
Ruben Neves yes.

Should he be back into the starting eleven against Newcastle?
If so..who should be dropped from the Chelsea game?

To me it actually looked like a better midfield against Chelsea,and I have trouble advocating dropping a guy like Saiss par example.

IF Neves is to be brought back in then I want a Neves that takes more room and is played in a more constructive role compared to previous.If not,then I fail to see what he brings to the team.

07 December, 2018 22:43
I should perhaps point out that the questions is rethorical..:-)

I know Neves is class..but I do want more bad intentions from him than has been the case earlier in this season.

I think it is time to unleash the fella,so to speak.

I want the Ruben of the previous season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net