football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Jonny and Doherty out?
Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
22 November, 2018 17:00
Jonny Otto and Matt Doherty are both possibly going to miss the match against Huddersfield. I assume Ruben Vinagre will replace Jonny but Doherty's replacement is more tricky.
Ryan Bennett played there last season but doesn't offer the same threat going forward that Doherty does and taking him out of the back three may disrupt that even with Dendoncker (presumably) to come in. The only alternatives I can see would be to bring in someone who has been out of the side like Oskar Buur or Dominic Iorfa (remember him?) and I can't see it being Iorfa or play someone out of position like Morgan Gibbs-White or Adama Traore.
Interesting to see what Nuno does.

Re: Jonny and Doherty out?
Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 07:38
There is also the possibility that Nuno will change formation though I doubt it.

Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
23 November, 2018 10:46
An interesting conundrum indeed. Had it been Doc out only then the logic would have been to see Jonny move across to the right back position, but Jonny is the player who is definitely out. Having seen Dendoncker on You Tube when he moved to us he has quite a bit of pace and attacking potential, so may well be the best option. I'm not sure Traore would have the defensive skills.
Last season Oskar Buur was brought in and scored his first goal for the club so he certainly can't be overlooked.

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
24 November, 2018 12:02
It seems that Doherty is fit enough to play so that simplifies things.

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
25 November, 2018 08:33
Pleased about the Doc, however Jonny was brilliant at Arsenal. It’s a bread and butter fixture for us this afternoon - need our attacking wing backs streaming forward. Love Bennett as a centre half but he wasn’t effective as a wing back last season

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net