football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Growing Up With Wolves
Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 09:43
In a few weeks a new book will be available and I have been able to see the manuscript. It is basically about the author's association with Wolves since the mid sixties to the 2003 play-off final.
I have read a few books on football over the years, as I'm sure a lot of us have, but I haven't read one quite like this. Younger readers might learn things about the club and older ones will have memories brought back. It's a little controversial in places and whether you think it is any good or not will be a matter of opinion but reading it will keep you entertained for a couple of hours and just for good measure any profit it makes will go to the Alzheimers Society.
I will try to keep you posted on it's progress towards publication.

Re: Growing Up With Wolves
Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 10:57
Thanks Andy, I will be interested.

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 11:31
Cheers Lupy, tell your friends.

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
10 September, 2018 11:18
I have to admit that I'm a bit of a technophobe and don't really know what this means but apparently the gripping, non-stop page turner "Growing Up With Wolves" is now available for sale as an ebook (?) from Xlibris bookstore.

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 16:54
Now available from Amazon, Xlibris bookstore and considerably cheaper from me. PM me if interested.

Julius Cesar Wolf (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 20:10
21 January 1978.I was flirting with Stoke because I thought Peter Shilton was great.

Match of the day(the equivalent in Sweden)..Wolves vs Everton.

A red ball...snow on the pitch..King Kenny Hibbitt scoring twice looking like Swedens own Ralf Edström...win 3-1.

I was ten years old.This memory will stay with me til I die,and it is the only reason why I frequent this board in the year 2018.

Great memories for outside Wolverhampton,and the future is more old gold and black since our league cup victory in 1980.

Sorry to see Newhampton Inn pass away..had a couple of drinks there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2018 20:23 by Julius Cesar Wolf.

Julius Cesar Wolf (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 20:18
Must add my dads comments during the game when I asked about this unknown team Wolverhampton...Oh,it´s a great old team,they have won alot.

What more could I ask for?

Dad´s 87 nowadays,and still kicking..still an Ipswich fan...:-)

wolverina (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 20:47
Think it would be OK for a 14 year old? Might make a good Christmas present for him.

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 21:22
Quote:
wolverina
Think it would be OK for a 14 year old? Might make a good Christmas present for him.
Should be fine. A bit cheeky in a couple of places but nothing to a 14 year old. Thank you.

wolverina (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 12:35
Quote:
Andy Fincher
Quote:
wolverina
Should be fine. A bit cheeky in a couple of places but nothing to a 14 year old. Thank you.

Might get it for my son, then - and he can decide if HIS son (the 14 year old!) can read it! Cheers!

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
31 October, 2018 10:21
An article about this book will be in tomorrows (Nov.1st) Express and Star.

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
12 November, 2018 11:58
Now available in the Wolves Megastore. Thank you to them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net