football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Match Commentaries
Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 16:05
I just want to inform the board that I will be unable to do commentaries for the matches in September as I will be on holiday from 16th to 30th inclusive, and I cannot rely on sufficient wi-fi in Greece to be able to listen and commentate. I am happy to (hopefully) be able to set up the pages, and may be able to make comments but cannot promise commentaries.

I would like someone else to pick up the cudgel in the same way I stepped in for IanPershore Wolf when he did them. I suggested this to him at the end of the Sheff Weds thread but have so far not had a response.

I will inform Sportnetwork that I will be away for this period and they will hopefully ensure the board stays open in the same way they did when I was away in July.

I must admit I am disappointed at the number of posters on here this season as I thought our return to the Premier League might reinvigorate things, and I have to say that I frequently feel I am commentating to myself due to the lack of responses or comments.

On the other hand I suppose it may be that this board has served its purpose?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/09/2018 11:48 by Cheshire wolf.

Re: Match Commentaries
chicagowolf (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 16:49
Quote:
Cheshire wolf
I must admit I am disappointed at the number of posters on here this season as I thought our return to the Premier League might reinvigorate things, and I have to say that I frequently feel I am commentating to myself due to the lack of responses or comments.

I suppose it may be that this board has served its purpose?

Sadly, it may well have served its purpose. The activity on the board now seems in inverse relationship to the activity/success on the pitch.
We should probably kill it rather than have the poor wounded beast limp along indefinitely.

Thanks for the commentaries Chesire; great work.

Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 19:17
It will be a sad day if this forum closes.

Ian.PershoreWolf (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 20:01
Hi Chesh
Sorry for delay getting back to you.

I'm sure you've found out over the course of doing the threads last season that it's bloody hard work and largely a thankless task at that, also compounded that hardly anybody else joins in with it. For that reason I decided to take a break from it last season after doing it for several seasons prior. Think it was Daz ( Halesowen Wolf ) that did it before me.

Typical of Wolves, they started winning once I stopped. Not that it helped me cut down on the scrumpy cider intake though !

I won't be returning anytime soon to do them what with other outside commitments. I don't even read the forum that much these days,but I'll still use this site and no other like the Mix when possible.

Hello and good wishes to all friends on here.

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
05 September, 2018 09:59
I'm a little surprised that the numbers on here are down with the club seemingly on the up and as Cheshire said, maybe it has run it's course, but it will still be a shame if it closes. A lot of us have had differences of opinion with each other from time to time but that's going to happen with a sport like football. After a row has blown over, there are no hard feelings, certainly not on my part anyway.
I still remember the good wishes I had when I had my illness two years ago and I was grateful for them.
I hope the place stays open and thrives and if it has to finish it will be a shame.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net