football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Fosun and good decision making
oldngold (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 13:26
Fosun keep making the right decisions:

Changing the sponsor. Moving back to the traditional Old Gold strip.

The selection of new sponsor W88 cannot be just a coincidence their logo looks great on the shirt, but is recognizable as not just the betting company, but a signature "W" for Wolves as a club and crucially for Fosun as the brand.

Single Tier South Bank (10,000 capacity) confirmed to be developed after next season and a new Steve Bull thereafter to join up Southbank and Northbank which should bring the capacity to around 45,000 Perhaps just in time for Champions League football.

Is this really happening?

The last 36 years at Wolves has had periods of such utter despair and despondency that I find this all hard to believe.

Re: Fosun and good decision making
Billericay Wolf (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 16:41
Looks good, but that colour is not Old Gold.

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 18:01
better than the fools gold of Morgan

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
21 June, 2018 21:08
Makes you proud (even if it is more yellow than gold).

Saw a ludicrous article about the new manager at Leeds United. The Daily Fail was calling him a creative genius who is capable of leading them back to great things (and marvelling that someone like him would come to the 2nd tier). I might have taken it a bit more seriously had they mentioned what Nuno has achieved.
There are two problems with article's message. First he will likley be gone long before Christmas. Second, unless he is given a 5hitload if cash to splurge, LU will be no higher than the Chump for the next ten years.

oldngold (IP Logged)
27 June, 2018 14:24
Sure it is not quite old gold, which is a rusty deep yellow, but it is closer to the 1950s version, and it seems to align nicely with the lightened version from the 1960s and early 70s which is the look I think they're looking to brand.

Anyway this shows the current management are sensitive to the history of the club. This is all simple easy decision making that gets everyone feeling good about the club on and off the pitch. Management that gets the easy stuff right has a better chance of getting the hard stuff right as well.

The kit constitutes a clear break with the recent past and that is enough for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net