football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Afobe weird times
BULL SHAT MOXI (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 19:16
Well explain this we sign him then 2weeks later we sell him a small profit now if he was not good enough for the prem did we buy him as a panic move in case we get left short
Bony also gone neither were prem quality very strange goings on did we Know we could sell him to Stoke before buying him??? Strange.

Re: Afobe weird times
Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 22:59
It is weird, very weird, you’d need the Spanish Inquisition to sort that one out, luckily the ‘cardinal’ rule is to replace and we now have ‘Jimenez’ in place on loan from Benefica. He’s in the Mexican WC squad and that’s all I know about him, other than using his name for blatant Monty Python references.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Ernesto_Hunt (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 12:54
Not that weird - more so that a Wolves poster thinks £2m is a small profit!

Fosun have made no secret of their intentions to build a European quality side. As soon as Afobe was aware of the fact he might be third choice at Wolves . . . and Stokes interest etc. his decision to move was the sensible one.

Arthur Tannen (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 14:18
Quite a clever move to be honest, not only do we make a £2m profit we also boost our FFP considerably as far as I'm aware. When you buy a player, the transfer fee is spread over the length of the contract, so we sign Afobe for £10m on a 4 year contract, only £2.5m will be on next year's accounts. But when you sell a player, the whole amount goes onto the accounts, so £12m. So we are already +£9.5m for next years FFP.

Not only do Fosun have huge money to spend they are proving they won't just waste money for the sake of it, actually they are the opposite, they'll make every penny work.

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 13:47
Watched Portugal v Spain and I had two thoughts. The first was when christiano banged in the free kick. We have a few players now who can curl a ball and that is special.
Second, how come neves could not get on the team? He should be there. And my point here is that neves is a Nuno type player in a way that Afobe could not be.
When he came back in January he made all the right protestations of love and he did indeed score some goals but the warning signs were there that Nuno was lukewarm. “He must learn to adapt to our IDEA” and then giving him so few starts. Buying him was insurance but once the insurance is no longer required and has increased in value, then cash it in.
It looks like it might be a while before Benik takes the premier league by storm. That time at Bournemouth will take some living down.

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 16:22
Is Neves not in the squad at all?

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 19:00
Unbelievably been left out. At least he will be fresh for the start of the season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net