football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Play-offs
Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 09:27
I would like it to be Fulham that win the play-offs. They have played the best football of the four clubs involved and in finishing third they were the best team over the season. Coming so close to automatic promotion and losing out may affect them though and they did fold in the last match against Birmingham. They were also favourites for last season's play-offs but lost out to Reading in the semi-final.
I reckon it will be Middlesbrough. They seem to be coming in to form having lost only two of their last 14 matches and won tricky games on the run-in against Bristol City, away at Derby and against Millwall.

Re: Play-offs
Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 15:52
I also have a sneaking suspicion that Boro could do it Andy and have said so on here before. I wouldn't be upset with Fulham getting it - more upset that they couldn't stop Cardiff getting the automatic spot!! I don't think Villa deserve it or are ready for the Premier League, and Derby have struggled to stay in the top six. The play-off themselves should be worth watching.

oldngold (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 17:16
Fulham should have no problems with Derby.

And at Wembley I think Fulham's class will be too much for either Boro or Villa.

Villa really need to go up this season the cannot afford another season in the Championship as their team will start to break up.

irishwolf (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 17:24
I said on another post that I am leaning towards Fulham on the basis of their firepower up front.
However, it is very difficult to call.
Derby are impressive on their day but are very inconsistent.
Villa have stumbled towards the play offs and
Boro will be hard to beat under Pulis.

The play offs are always great viewing, including League one and two.

PS I still cant believe Fulham blew it against Birmingham!!

Julius Cesar Wolf (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 09:09
Fulham got through okay in the end,allthough Weimann had a decent chance to head it into extratime.

Villa should be able to advance as well,given their 1-0 win away.

I fancy Shrews to advance to the Championship.Don´t have the time for either Irons or Rotherham.

I think Exeter might be competent enough to advance to League One..or division Three as I want to brand it.

Glad to see Tranmere Rovers back.They belong in the top four divisions.

Not happy to see Spireites drop out.Hopefully they´ll return soon.
Anyone remember their cup run back in the days?

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 12:41
yes 1997 wasnt it where they reached the semi, seems like yesterday

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 16:09
Fulham v. Villa. That I will watch; might even be a good match, and on form Villa have their work cut out.
My dad took me to the Mol when I was a boy, and I have never quite escaped the warm glow.

However my life has been plagued with Villa supporters, irritating varmints. My ex Father In Law made my life miserable back in the seventies when Wolves were relegated (one of his gleeful references to a previous Wolves manager was "Chung For The Chop"). And now the wheel has turned once more. In July, in Stafford, my first born, my baby, my little girl is getting married to a Villa season-ticket holder (he is from Brum and they met in that footballing nuclear wasteland West Bromwich).

I suppose that I should root for Villa, but it will be with a heavy heart. Anyway if Villa win I can throw it into my wedding speech without seeming to crow; too much.

Julius Cesar Wolf (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 17:39
Hehe Chicago,there is pros and cons to almost everything in life...almost.

I´ll be rooting for Fulham.They plays the better football and besides,I´d like to see just how Villa will manage their rather tricky situation if not being promoted to the Greed League.

I also like for Wolves to be top in West Midlands for a long time,so have no time for either Villa or baggies(I´m not local though,so far from hating them or anything like that).

Notts County vs Coventry tonight...I will be glad if County prevails.
Last time I watched a game involving Coventry..Neill Collins scored in the dying seconds of the match.It was a good day.

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
19 May, 2018 09:23
On balance, I’ll go for Villa. Midlands over London every time really! My old uncle would approve, my only non Wolves / Albion relative.

Great also about Exeter City. Fingers crossed for them, I think that final v Coventry could be very good and the Sky Blues fans could swell the attendance close to a record for that fixture.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 20:45
Got to be worth a watch on Saturday - the Play-off Final, followed by the Champions League Final!! Get the beer in!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net