football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Emotions at play
chicagowolf (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 23:55
So Monday was a fabulous sunbaked day of jubilation, with Nuno, Neves, Jota etc all, apparently, overcome. Pledging undying devotion to all things Wolves and the project.
It is exciting but does it mean much when the big clubs come knocking with their big cheque books (if anyone uses cheques anymore)? Mendes will be eying his fees and his Fosun deal, so it may be in his interest to wait to increase the value. I don’t mind the players cashing in. Careers are so short and fragile that they really should get what they can. I just hope we don’t have to suffer too many ‘Robbie Keane’ like speeches about how much they FEEL for Wolves, precisely twenty seconds before departing to cash in.
Anyway, it is a question. Did Monday mean much in regard to retention?

Re: Emotions at play
irishwolf (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 17:18
The simple answer to that is ... No - Monday did not mean much in regard to retention.
Unfortunately there is very little loyalty in football anymore... I have no doubt that the players love he club but everyone has their price and football nowadays is more about business than sport.
Sad but true.

Re: Emotions at play
oldngold (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 17:28
I think Neves is now staying. He would be advised by Mendes and he wouldn't be going public in the way that he has done if Mendes hadn't advised him to stay at 1 stage. The key question is does he sell him now or wait for Neves to perform in the PL. In
1 year, Neves could be worth 80 Million if he repeats this season in the PL. Helping Fosun establish Wolves in the PL before selling him for huge money to City or Real keeps everyone happy.

Obviously ludicrous offers might get made over the summer and that might change everything. As might also happen if Ruben scores the winning goal for Portugal in the World Cup final, then we might get offers coming in for 100 Million.

Also we are clearly now happy to pay 100,000 per week for the right player given the interest in Wilshere. So we can see off most clubs apart from the very elite: Real, Barca, City, United, Bayern, PSG....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net