New Page 1

Neves to Liverpool?
wolverina (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 22:10
Is this true or just speculation?

Re: Neves to Liverpool?
Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 06:59
I would imagine that following his performances this season the clubs with deep pockets will all be attracted to him. The clubs response will give us a good indication of their vision for the immediate future.

oldngold (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 13:13
Stating the obvious it comes down to Money and Player preference.

Neves has said he wants to stay. Which is understandable given his current team mates, manager and club where he is clearly integral to current plans and his form and progress is going gang busters.

Which leaves it in the hands of Fosun and Mendes.

Obviously Fosun don't need to cash in on Neves as yet. And if he continues his form in the Premier League his value could go above 100 Million. And I take Neves at his word that he wants to stay just now.

That leaves Mendes. Does Mendes want to move one of his prize assets just now or wait for another season.

I think there are strong arguments for both Fosun and Mendes to wait. The player is happy and is currently one of the keys to Wolves establishing themselves as a competitive Premier League team.

However, Liverpool do have the financial firepower to upset that, especially since the Coutinho sale. They might go very big for Neves now, say 75 Million. I think that would be enough to prise him away.

But as noted the player is happy so it is up to Fosun and Mendes.

oldngold (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 15:24
Biggest transfer rumour at the moment and not a surprise.

Julius Cesar Wolf (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 16:36
Down to Ruben I recon.If he wants to stay he will stay.If not,then he will go.

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 18:16
The combination of Mendez/Nuno suggesting he stay, along with the chance to shine may be enough for him to stick around? At least for the coming season, after which his value may increase. After all he had many choices more glamorous (then) when he arrived.
The assumption being that Mendez will suggest he stays. Does anyone know what his form with prodigies usually is in these kind of circumstances?

oldngold (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 19:06
Not sure, but Neves has been on Liverpool's radar for some time. This article from Fourfourtwo

[www.fourfourtwo.com]

Would appear to suggest that this is probably going to go ahead.

However, this could be a rumour mill only.

Also noted that Stan Collymore appears to have started this 3 days ago. Saying that Neves is good enough for Liverpool now.

Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 20:27
It's certainly an interesting situation, but I think the Wolves board will know how furious the Wolves fans will be if he is allowed to leave before even playing for us in the Premier League.

I recall a similar situation at the end of last season when all our fans were worried that Helder Costa would be the subject of bids from the likes of Chelsea, but in an interview Jeff Shi said he was adamant he wouldn't be allowed to leave, so I hope for the same again this season.

wolverina (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 21:19
Well we just have to hope and pray...

Ian.PershoreWolf (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 22:22
If memory serves me right we are just babysitting Neves. I'm sure I read somewhere when we bought him that Liverpool wanted him but couldn't have him due to a technicality with either the FA or prem regulations due to his age. He needed to play English football for 12 months to be eligible for the prem.
Hope he stays.

BULL SHAT MOXI (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 13:46
75 Million as first bid Liverpool, then see if Man U Chelsea or Madrid start a bidding war any less tell them to sod off

[IMG]http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj547/dwmat/tombs[URL=http://s1267.photobucket.com/user/dwmat/media/IMG_2545_zpsxq4ob6ck.jpg.html]http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj547/dwmat/IMG_2545_zpsxq4ob6ck.jpgtone1_zpsb3e8e898.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net