football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Morgan and Moxey Era exposed for the circus it was
an angry wolf (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 11:55
For years we have had propaganda about wolves being " the best run in the business" with prudent spending being the key via investment in our academy. What followed were years of stagnation, third tier football and crowds in danger of dropping below 15 k on a regular basis. Fast forward 2 seasons under fosun, we have established top quality players, premier league football , capacity crowds and a club to be proud of again. Moxey the " best in the business" sacked from Norwich for gross incompetency in his role, Morgan looking like a homeless ragamuffin with a clown haircut plaited down at the sides with what looks like matted snot in the stands next to SHi and Mendes in suits with ambitions to bring European football back to the club.

On a sidenote, many of these advocates of the old regime have slithered off into the sunset such as penk .. no coincidence I suspect.

Re: Morgan and Moxey Era exposed for the circus it was
chicagowolf (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:51
Talk about wasted years. Seeing old Red-Face yesterday was like the Ghost at the Feast. I wonder how that invitation came about? Maybe he wants to bid on the new stadium. Anyway I did not share the feeling about his presence. He must be seething that Moxey's BS - Prudent Management/Focus On Youth(hmmm!!)/Build For The Future - is exposed for what it is, which is nonsense.
Nuno has been a revelation, but the old expression "it ain't what you know, its who you know" has proven true again with Mendez.
Fosun owns Thos Cook, Cirque du Soleil and Club Med, all huge brands. Hopefully in a few years there will be people who know Wolves but never heard of Newcastle, Brighton and Burnley (Arsenal?). When Man U was bought by Glazer there were huge protests from the numb-skull Mancunians who did not understand that investment equals results , all other things being equal. I hope none of the Wolves naysayers fall into the trap of believing that the old culture is slipping and that "Football is not what it used to be". No it isn't, but if you are anxious to remember it as it was, you are free to visit Accrington Stanley on a wet Saturday afternoon.
And yes, I am really looking forward to the opportunity to explain to a widening audience the true meaning of Wolves Ay We

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/04/2018 17:22 by chicagowolf.

Julius Cesar Wolf (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 18:38
I´ve actually been to Accy on a rainy afternoon.It is different,but I like that side of football as well.One of my favourite grounds visited is in fact old Saltergate at Chesterfield..but I do admit I carry around what most probably is a very romantisied view of english club football with roots in the 1970`s.

Accy will win promotion as well this season.It is a decent accomplishment in it´s own right I think.

Regarding Morgan..I think he did what was said on the tin.I never thought he was going to go big on teaminvestments.It was always a case of pure survival those three prem seasons.

Jez stayed on for way to long.Still,when debating him even ten years ago the majority seemed happy for the so called fat controller to stay in his seat.

It´s different times nowadays..and long may they continue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2018 18:40 by Julius Cesar Wolf.

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 20:08
Jez Loved to masquerade as the ‘best in the business’ then when things turned sour, he attempted to laugh fans concerns off by belittling us with statements akin to him being ‘the pantomime villain ‘ etc. He was a CEO, not a bean counter as popularised and therefore corporately responsible for direction and culture of the club. The management culture was obvious and Our very own Sir Tophamhat / FC always revealed his true colours every time he opened his mouth. Never a fan of Jezzer. I know the monetary status of Fosun is much greater than Morgan, however great owners tend to do their business out of the limelight. So far so good, Jeff Shi is fitting that bill in my book - unlike high profile Morgan who shouted the odds with refs, players and managers alike and pleaded with us all to believe he was a Wolves fan through and through. And in Laurie Dalrymple we have a refreshingly straight forward CEO who is working hard to communicate effectively, appropriately and advisably with fans- compared to our Jezzer. I suppose, in Jez, at least Burton have someone with experience in guiding a side into lower divisions - the poor bu*gers.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

17 April, 2018 12:46
I don´t disagree Ivy.
Heart dropped when it became obvious that he was to keep Jez.
Argued against it back in those days,but most actually seemed happy for him to stay on.
The legacy from the Bhatti days perhaps.I think many fans have been too scared for too long.
Understandable,but it has held the club back I think.

17 April, 2018 18:27
Quote:
Julius Cesar Wolf
but most actually seemed happy for him to stay on.

Maybe in Sweden, dont know anyone here who wanted them to stay on. I forget Moxeys at Burton, a fitting sh1thole for the ultimate sh1tbird one could argue

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 19:37
Quote:
an angry wolf
Quote:
Julius Cesar Wolf
but most actually seemed happy for him to stay on.

Maybe in Sweden, dont know anyone here who wanted them to stay on. I forget Moxeys at Burton, a fitting sh1thole for the ultimate sh1tbird one could argue

God if he is doing his Prudent Management cr4p at Burton they should soon be back in the conference.
Do you think he missed Wolves off his CV when he applied for the job? Or maybe it is the wrong guy! Very common name Jez Moxey.
Nice to see your acid comments, Angry.

18 April, 2018 16:10
Nein,I think it was on the TWF that the argumentation took place.Seemed like more than fifty percent seemed happy enough for Jez to keep going..but I might be wrong they were in majority.
At the same time I argued that Mick should get the sack.It must have been right after QPR match in 09.That argument wasn´t well recieved either..:-)

18 April, 2018 20:37
Quote:
Julius Cesar Wolf
Nein,I think it was on the TWF that the argumentation took place.Seemed like more than fifty percent seemed happy enough for Jez to keep going..but I might be wrong they were in majority.
At the same time I argued that Mick should get the sack.It must have been right after QPR match in 09.That argument wasn´t well recieved either..:-)

95 % on the wolves forum thought Terry Connor was a decent appointment back in 2012, the place has been ridiculed as a lunatic asylum on here and mocked mercilessly for years. I wouldn't pay much heed to what the polls say on that place.

20 April, 2018 15:22
There is some decent posters on the Wolves Forum IMO...problem is most of them are full of themselves.Latest they have stalked Doherty for a couple of seasons,but the critics seems to have silenced lately..

Anyways,they banned me..:-)

20 April, 2018 19:10
Quote:
Julius Cesar Wolf
Anyways,they banned me..:-)

Everyone from here who has ever joined the wolves forum has been banned.. it seems to be some kind of gay free masons site for the mentally ill with a clique unparalleled anywhere else on the net . One of the mods there is called Paddington, having seen his real pic it confirms the care in the community programme is still alive and well allowing these characters internet access which is a positive thing as it allows NHS resources to be saved on CPNs etc

oldngold (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 11:56
I have no brief for Morgan and have written scathingly in the past about the disastrous series of decisions he made that saw us get relegated from the Premier league to League 1.

However, he did sell the club the Fosun, which also brought an interest from Mendes. My understanding is that Mendes reviewed and advised Fosun to buy Wolves. I don't know all the details but that clearly required Morgan's involvement, negotiation and agreement.

He could have offloaded us to a group of carpet bagging confidence tricksters from Manchester ala 1982 all over again.But Morgan saw us transitioned into the hands of the biggest and the best Chinese owners. This hasn't worked out for other clubs including our near neighbors.

So I will give Morgan some credit for the sale to Fosun. He made that decision and it was a good one that could well turn out for Wolves being a top club once again.

The shambles that went before is a matter of fact and history. We move on....

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 21:50
Quote:
oldngold
He could have offloaded us to a group of carpet bagging confidence tricksters from Manchester ala 1982 all over again.But Morgan saw us transitioned into the hands of the biggest and the best Chinese owners.

Could he? Who says so?

The idea that he had ANY scruples about who bought Wolves needs some serious testing. Perhaps someone has a list of these alleged "carpet bagging confidence tricksters" (with bags full of hot cash) with whom the venerable Mister Redrow could not stoop to deal?

No? Thought not.

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 21:50
Quote:
oldngold
He could have offloaded us to a group of carpet bagging confidence tricksters from Manchester ala 1982 all over again.But Morgan saw us transitioned into the hands of the biggest and the best Chinese owners.

Could he? Who says so?

The idea that he had ANY scruples about who bought Wolves needs some serious testing. Perhaps someone has a list of these alleged "carpet bagging confidence tricksters" (with bags full of hot cash) with whom the venerable Mister Redrow could not stoop to deal?

No? Thought not.

04 May, 2018 10:15
Morgan sold to the highest bidder which was Fosun, the idea he held out to a " decent owner" is utter rubbish probably believed by people swallowing the guff about heart transplants , selling the club because someone said he was naughty in the Preston car park etc. For once we simply got lucky which is long overdue

04 May, 2018 20:41
I dunno,frankly I don´t.

Perhaps its age..it takes the edges of things.
Perhaps its perspective..perhaps it´s one and the same.

I just cannot muster the outright anger towards Morgan.I tend to think his aim was true and to be precise..I would put him a notch below Sir Jack..who had,back in the days...better opportunity to establish us where we belong than Morgan had IMO.

There is a silverlining to everything..isn´t that an english saying?
It is a swedish one for sure.

There were pros and cons with the Morgan regime..the biggest single fault was probably not getting rid of The Mox when the timig was right..anyhows,even pie and pint prudent Moxey had his advatages given the days back then.

We were indeed a decent prospect for Fosun to look upon when the process started.

The Bhattis days were completely different from that.Completely.

Perspective is a good thing you earn by age.I´ve experienced quite alot of days worse than under Morgan and Moxey.

This said,they belong in the pack that hold us back.If it makes any sense?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2018 20:48 by Julius Cesar Wolf.

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 09:37
Another difference announced - Money Shop are to be ditched. All Wolves need to do is dispense with the premium telephone lines and the Moxeyisms will be finally quashed. Forever. Good riddance.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 12:10
Yes it was great news that we are free of that gang of leeches. If only their daily victims could be free of them too; it would be nice to think that one day soon those who feel forced to use these services could find an affordable alernative. Maybe the geniuses who brought us securitized mortgage derivatives, plunging the world into ruin, might turn to this problem.

On a sad note Tito Jackson was seen last night in a Burton on Trent pub with someone bearing a strong resemblance to Jez Moxey, later claiming his devotion to M&B bitter. Worrysome.

Risca TM (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 12:20
@aaw - we bang heads on must things, but we both saw through the Morgan & Moxey charade. I suspect we also got very bored with repeating ourselves ad nauseam from Mick's stint in the Prem to the departure of the 2Ms.

irishwolf (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 16:38
Good post Angry... Propaganda it was indeed!
The club was at rock bottom for years!

Im so glad we got rid of that awful sponsorship logo on our shirts...
Premium phone lines when fans are ringing to support the club are also a disgrace.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net