football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Neil Warnock
Wolves (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 10:49
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Neil Warnock
Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 11:54
Talked about Nuno needing to have a bit of class minutes after walking around the pitch uttering expletives and behaving like a spoiled child.
I have no time for him either as a manager or a man.

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 11:57
Warnock praised Wolves recently and I was heartened by that and said as much. Yes, he's done a fantastic job at Cardiff but his fouled mouthed tirade on Friday night is frankly pathetic and laughable that in the next breath he talked of 'class'!

I will therefore have to revert back to calling him what he is ....... Colin.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 13:20
Tranmere/wolves fan ,great result at Cardiff, hiding behind the couch last 10 minutes ,what a @#$%& Warnock is ,it’s not wolves fault that Cardiff missed 2penalties what a disgrace he would not shake hands with Nuno and telling him 3times to F—off and he talks about lack of class ,I don’t suppose the Irony of that comment registered .keep going wolves almost there .i would love it if Fulham pipped Cardiff for promotion

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 19:16
https://s18.postimg.org/l8bdnad7t/Da_IPh_N1_W4_AApf_UC.jpg

oldngold (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 00:10
Warnock's reaction arguably showed a lack of class. He appears petty and small to complain like that because the opposition manager didn't shake his hand. Running onto the pitch given the unbelievable ending before coming back to shake his hand hardly seems like a hanging offence.

Warnock is bitterly disappointed and that is understandable. He knows that it is likely now that Cardiff will be overtaken by Fulham. Cardif have very difficult games coming up and will drop points. I expect Fulham to win all their remaining games and go up with Wolves.

I think the playoff final will be Derby v Cardiff,

09 April, 2018 02:29
I've supported Warnock in the past believing he has been unfairly scapegoated , but given his behaviour and utterly bizarre rant even after a few minutes to calm down illustrates what a bitter old hypocritical relic he is. A man that has spent a career in foul mouthed rants having the audacity to criticise someone celebrating a late dramatic 6 point clash victory over two penalties is a disgrace and hopefully Warnock will be charged and his team falter in promotion. If football isn't about passion and Nuno is expected to just shake hands meekly like a game of chess, whats the point to any of it?

irishwolf (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:47
As a manager he fits into that bracket of good Championship managers but lacking ability at Premiership level... same as Magical Mick, Holloway , Pulis etc.
As a person he is a tool. When he wins he says nice things about everyone , when he loses he has to play the blame game and deflect the attention off himself.
Anyway i find the whole idea of shaking hands before AND after a game a load of nonsense. Is shaking hands once not enough???
The fight for second place is gonna be very interesting... I would love to see Cardiff pipped at the post!

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:54
I would still rather play Cardiff in the Prem next year rather than Fulham, so despite a deep longing to see Warnock in more pain, I am kind of hoping that the wheels fall off at Fulham in the next few games. Surely they can't keep this up?

Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 20:20
I think you will probably see us playing Fulham next season come what may Chicago, but I would far rather see them get there automatically rather than any club Warnock is in charge of.

Incidentally Angry I was tempted to post that photo on here myself, but thought it would be unbecoming of a Moderator!!

10 April, 2018 02:35
. (Sm6)

Julius Cesar Wolf (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 14:05
Non important stuff IMO..and water under the bridge by now I recon.

I have understanding for both Nunos and Warnocks actions.

Since stuff like after the match Friday doesn´t bother me,I still thinks that Warnock(much like Mick)is an excellent manager in this division.I wasn´t expecting Cardiff to be second with five games left at the start of the season.I think he has done a tremendous work with bluebirds and that won´t be overshadowed by some spontaneous bad behaviour after missing two penalties in OT.

Just my two cents.

10 April, 2018 16:58
Quote:
Julius Cesar Wolf

not water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned .. I want Colins team to capitulate

Julius Cesar Wolf (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 18:09
Quote:
an angry wolf
Quote:
Julius Cesar Wolf

not water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned .. I want Colins team to capitulate

Well,you are an angry wolf so I wouldn´t expect anything less..:-)
Me,I prefer to read back what Warnock had to say about Leeds foul play against us regarding FFP.
We all have our plus and minuses.

wolverina (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 21:36
Well looks like Fulham might do it! As to behaviour, we can't expect non Brits to behave in a British way. Is Warnock not aware of Latin temperament? They are very excitable - not necessarily rude because when he calmed down Nuno was ready for the handshake. It's not about Nuno, it's about not converting two penalties - of course he was gutted but Warnock is not prepared to say that was why he was annoyed. Playground behaviour, really..

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 21:43
Been moving house so haven't had internet for a couple of weeks. I see Warnock was voted Championship manager of the season although Nuno was on the shortlist. Even more ridiculous was that Neves wasn't player of the season.

Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
21 April, 2018 09:53
Quote:
Andy Fincher
Been moving house so haven't had internet for a couple of weeks. I see Warnock was voted Championship manager of the season although Nuno was on the shortlist. Even more ridiculous was that Neves wasn't player of the season.

I've been equally irritated by this Andy, but I have my own theory about it.

These 'awards' are seemingly led by EFL. Last season Wolves had their matches and their video platform covered by EFL, but this season - as you probably know - changed the Wolves website, and match commentaries etc to another company. Since then the weekly emailed news sheets from EFL have barely acknowledged Wolves' performances or achievements.

For Warnock to be announced as Manager of the Season whilst he is still struggling to achieve promotion - let alone automatic promotion - despite Nuno winning the League (presumably) in his first season in British soccer is nothing short of scandalous.

And whilst Sessignon has undoubtedly had a great season at Fulham, for him to win Player of the Season, and Young Player of the Season, to the exclusion of Neves who hasn't even won the Goal of the Season just stinks of toys being thrown out of the pram to me

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
21 April, 2018 14:59
Quote:
Cheshire wolf
Quote:
Andy Fincher

I've been equally irritated by this Andy, but I have my own theory about it.

These 'awards' are seemingly led by EFL. Last season Wolves had their matches and their video platform covered by EFL, but this season - as you probably know - changed the Wolves website, and match commentaries etc to another company. Since then the weekly emailed news sheets from EFL have barely acknowledged Wolves'
performances or achievements.

For Warnock to be announced as Manager of the Season whilst he is still struggling to achieve promotion - let alone automatic promotion - despite Nuno winning the League (presumably) in his first season in British soccer is nothing short of scandalous.

And whilst Sessignon has undoubtedly had a great season at Fulham, for him to win Player of the Season, and Young Player of the Season, to the exclusion of Neves who hasn't even won the Goal of the Season just stinks of toys being thrown out of the pram to me

Sounds about right. As an overseas fan I listen to the games . The Wolves TV is really patchy in service so a couple of times I have paid to watch and ended up just listening .
Next season they will all be on live. Yes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net