football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Team selection for tonight
Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
03 April, 2018 11:43
So... in light of two of our regular players Neves and Doherty being banned, and Jota injured, plus apparently the chance of Saiss and Costa being unfit after Friday's match, I wonder what team you think Nuno will play tonight?

I think it may well be:

Ruddy

Batth, Coady, Boly

Bennett, N'Daiye, Gibbs-White, Douglas

Bonatini, Afobe, Cavaleiro

Re: Team selection for tonight
Julius Cesar Wolf (IP Logged)
03 April, 2018 12:09
I wonder if Nuno will break up the back three?
If not then it would mean MGW on Docs position.
Might depend on Saiss physical condition.He was absolutely knackered after Boro but a couple of days rest might still be enough.

Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
03 April, 2018 15:11
Of course he could surprise us all and change formation.

03 April, 2018 15:51
Quote:
Lupinehowler
Of course he could surprise us all and change formation.

Agreed Lupine, but seeing as he already has to make two changes due to the suspensions I wonder whether he would also want to make such a fundamental change at the same time. I think another option may be to play Coady at right centre back and bring Hause in as he was also on the bench on Friday

06 April, 2018 13:49
Team picks itself for tonights freeswing?

Ruddy
Bennett-Coady-Boly
Doherty-Neves-Saiss-Douglas
Costa-Cavaleiro-Jota

06 April, 2018 16:48
More excited than nervous to be frank.
I regard tonight as a freeround for us.
We win..and we´ll be okay.
We draw...and we´ll be okay.
We lose...and we´ll be okay.

All to win.It is time we put those bluebirds to rest.
It is a night for showing up and make the ultimate stamp of who is the best team in this division.
Looking forward to it.

It´s our time now.

Come on me babbies!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2018 16:49 by Julius Cesar Wolf.

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 17:23
Quote:
Julius Cesar Wolf

Come on me babbies!

A Swedish phrase by any chance? (Sm158)

Agree with your selection, though as you say, picks itself. Is Jota match fit however? Certainly not on Tuesday night.

Nervous and excited to be honest, the thought of losing twice to the Taffy's isn't worth thinking about, though I'll be honest I fancy at least a draw.

I want us to get out of the traps early, as we have done on so many occasions, get into them as show them who's boss!!

Can't wait.

UTW!!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

06 April, 2018 17:47
Quote:
Ivybridge Wolf
Quote:
Julius Cesar Wolf

Come on me babbies!

A Swedish phrase by any chance? (Sm158)

Agree with your selection, though as you say, picks itself. Is Jota match fit however? Certainly not on Tuesday night.

Nervous and excited to be honest, the thought of losing twice to the Taffy's isn't worth thinking about, though I'll be honest I fancy at least a draw.

I want us to get out of the traps early, as we have done on so many occasions, get into them as show them who's boss!!

Can't wait.

UTW!!

A Wolverhampton phrase,Ivy...allthough with a swedish spelling perhaps?

I dunno,I will be quite happy for us to sit back a bit and hit them on the break as well.
We have a team for all occasions I think.

Looking back,this is the most excited I´ve been regarding a team of ours since 1980.
i don´t want us stumbling over the line like under Doog and Bhattis..and no need for playoffs either like under Sir Jack(not a bad word spoken regarding him from me I want to underline).
We were all quite optimistic under Morgan last time we went up,but it was a baggies or potters kind of existance we were looking forward to at best.

In those times,it matters more what kinda owner you have than even players on the pitch.
Hopefully,we struck gold with Fosun and hopefully it will show tonight.

We are the best team in this division.Just go out and show it!

Everywhere we go...

06 April, 2018 17:54
Is Jota matchfit?
That is the only question I recon.
If not..I actually prefers Leo before Benik.
I see too little contribution from Afobe last two games for me to select him over Bonatini,who I feel contributes more to the overall team effort than Afobe does.

Sticks or stones though,I admit.

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 18:08
Ah, Cardiff and Warnock. Memories of 2003. I bet he has them anyway. This game clearly has less importance than the famed playoff final but it would be nice to win this one and put us closer to the line, although as mentioned previously it will not matter much at the end of the season.
Villa and Fulham will be hoping we win; from where they sit it must look like we are uncatchable (despite our own justifiable paranoia). But I think that of the three teams I would prefer to be playing Cardiff rather than the other teams next season as we work to thrive in the top tier.

Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 18:25
I think that there are plenty of goals in this game.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see five or six hit the back of the net.
Just hoping we get the majority.
C,mon boys.

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 18:43
(JCW - i got the wrong face on my post - it should have been (Sm14). I blame it on nerves. Your Swedish spelling is spot on ‘Babbies’!

Nervous and fantastic times , the prospect of this match is mouthwatering. I like Warnock, spade a spade etc and galvanises teams like no other, however I do not want to even see a slight grin on his eye-brow less face! He’s been complimentary about us, to his credit, but you can bet your bottom pound note that his is using every last drop of his guile to motivate Cardiff - that may include ‘get into to them and rough them up’ ala Boro. Hopefully we can respond in the right way - no loss of heads tonight please.

Should be terrific!

UTW and enjoy!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2018 18:50 by Ivybridge Wolf.

06 April, 2018 18:57
I must admit I was surprised how well we played at Middlesbrough, and the result we achieved - before and after the sendings off, so that fills me with optimism for tonight's game, especially having seen how Cardiff struggled at Sheff Utd on Monday.

I hope the fact that we played a day later than them won't go against us, especially as it is three in 8 days for us, but I must say they always seem to confound these issues on the day.

I wonder also whether Jota is match fit and whether Nuno will play that formation again. Andy Thompson didn't think they created enough space between them on Tuesday evening and he wasn't surprised when Nuno brought Afobe on. I would prefer to see Afobe play than Leo as I think he has the confidence to score if the opportunity arises. I like Leo but just think he has lost his mojo in the last few months in front of goal.

Looking forward to a good match, keeping all our players on the pitch, and Connor Coady scoring his first goal of the season LOL!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net