Latest News:
New Page 1

Starting eleven premworthy?
Julius Cesar Wolf (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 15:01
Ruddy...No,we need upgrading allthough Norris is promising

Bennett..No,not in Prem.
Coady...Yes,given the benefit of the doubt
Big Willy Boly...Yes,allthough will pay for arrogance in Prem.

Doherty..No,cannot see it a division higher
Neves...Oh Yes,but will we be able to hold on for another season?
Saiss...No,squadplayer a division up
Douglas..No,same as above.

Cavaleiro..Shows improvement,maybe
Jota...Yes,will make a decent Prem player
Costa...Doubtful,but the player he was before injury then Yes.

Afobe/Bonatini..No,simply not good enough.

It shows how far apart we currently are from being a firmly established Prem side.
We will just have to hope that we continue to buy good..for that is a must in the future.

Re: Starting eleven premworthy?
Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 16:37
Don’t disagree with your views but the Prem is a whole different game, faster, more space and higher tactical nous. I think that some of the players may have the capacity to improve or alter their game to be competitive at a higher level. Plus we have youngsters coming through who should not be dismissed. With the correct approach and suitable formations some of the players could surprise us, I wouldn’t write off Douglas or Doherty and Cavalero could flourish. I am really looking forward to the development of Gibbs White.

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 16:52
I think Doherty and Douglas will be ok although I think who stays and who comes in depends on what Fosuns ambitions are.

18 March, 2018 11:14
Well..we will sign Jota in the summer.
I don´t know how much that will cost..12 mill?

Apart from that we will need to turn our economy around I recon.
First season back in the Prem will probably be finding our ground up there and take the first step towards solid establishment.

Is the FFP rules the same in the Premier League as they are in EFL?

I mean,we will make another loss this season and if we have to comply to the three year rolling max loss of 39 million..then for sure we will have to show a decent profit next season?

Perhaps not that many new players coming in because of it.

Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
18 March, 2018 11:43
Quote:
Julius Cesar Wolf
Ruddy...No,we need upgrading allthough Norris is promising
Bennett..No,not in Prem.
Coady...Yes,given the benefit of the doubt
Big Willy Boly...Yes,allthough will pay for arrogance in Prem.

Doherty..No,cannot see it a division higher
Neves...Oh Yes,but will we be able to hold on for another season?
Saiss...No,squadplayer a division up
Douglas..No,same as above.

Cavaleiro..Shows improvement,maybe
Jota...Yes,will make a decent Prem player
Costa...Doubtful,but the player he was before injury then Yes.

Afobe/Bonatini..No,simply not good enough.

It shows how far apart we currently are from being a firmly established Prem side.
We will just have to hope that we continue to buy good..for that is a must in the future.

I think we have the nucleus of a team that should be capable of making the grade in the Prem, and more will be added

Ruddy... I have questioned before whether Norris will be gradually introduced to replace him as we have Burgoyne and another young keeper signed in January, waiting in the wings

Doherty... has experience of the Prem and I think he'll be fine

Bennett... Has experienced the Prem, but may fall short of the quality needed, but definitely better than Batth!!

Coady... definitely as long as he has quality support

Boly... A definite skilful, cool and classy

Douglas... I think he's as good as many of the current left wing backs in the Prem

Saiss... Agree we will need to consider other options

Neves... Will teach the Prem a thing or two about Wolves!!

Cavaleiro ... Has had a fine season and I think he will do well

Jota... I think he has faded a bit in the last few matches before injury, but I'm sure he will do a good job for us in the Prem

Costa... showed yesterday what he is capable of just like in his prime last season and he should be fine

Afobe... Has scored 4 goals for us in 4 games. I think he could be a good squad striker providing we also invest in another good striker (such as Danny Ings or Charlie Austin) who can complement the rest of the team

Bonatini... I fear he would be out of his depth at that level

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
18 March, 2018 11:46
FFP does not apply to Prem I think. Jeff Shi made an interesting point the other day, that if the rules are meant to reduce instability it would be better to have them based on capital not P&L. But coming from him and their dinosaur attitude, they will not listen

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
18 March, 2018 14:17
The issue with the squad, in my opinion, given that promotion is now closer (12 points required!), is that we have been very lucky with the apparent lack of injuries this season. If we had had them in numbers, whislt I firmly believe we'd still be up there in the table, it would have been much more difficult for automatic.

Of those who have started and played this week, there aren't too many who couldn't give it a go in the prem but we need back up or in some cases first choices. On the latter I mean centre forwards in particular.

The cracks over the last 2 months have been there to see in this otherwise fantastically superb season. It all depends on Fosuns plans. If the desire of Fosun is to go for it quick (always a risk - team gelling etc), then I suspect we'll need 5-6 players in all positions, but there again that depends on whether all of our loans e.g. Boly turn into permanents.

What I would class as current out and out premier players are Boly, Jota, Neves but as a team game, if the formula is right, many more in our squad could do it and certainly have the potential (I include Ruddy in that list). For example, just look at Coady this season - who'd have thought?

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

22 March, 2018 14:26
Reading in E and S that Bonatini is available to buy for 5 Mill.
Small change in todays football,but will there be room in the squad for him?
Sentimental feelings has no place in the Premier League.
Sorry Leo,but I would have set you free..on your way back to Al Hilal.

25 March, 2018 16:59
Reading elsewhere that some people seems to think we will spend 150 million during the summer.Will we really spend that much?
I think we´ll spend considerably less and try to build the team up one step at a time.

IF reaching the Prem,then our main ambition should be to stay there..at least for a couple of years.Others seem to think we will instantly break into the top ten and even higher.

Prem is a different environment from the Championship.We should be satisfied with mere survival first couple of seasons IMO.The gulf in quality is rather high and it will be extremly difficult to muster any type of assault on the top ten first couple of seasons IMO.

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 20:21
We have quality, and a system, already. Even with the players we now have, a lot will depend on whether Neves sticks around. He is such an integral part of this seasons success that there is a big hole when he does not play. Of course anyone coming in for him will have to pay through the nose and the money will offset some of our spending.
Nevertheless it would be better to add two or three players (again of quality, which is not cheap).
At least this time we wont, hopefully, be scratching around for the likes of OHara and Bodger (I shudder!). Even Milijas and our superstars Jarvis, Kightley and Fletcher were no better than most of our current players. Let's see how much of a hurry Jeff and Fosun are in

27 March, 2018 17:18
To tell the truth,I was actually quite exited when we bought Johnson.
It soon wore off..we should have gone for Dann instead of course,but hindinsight comes first afterwards.
I always thought Kites was on his way to become a real star before the injuries started to take its toll.Was also upbeat when we bought Fletcher...but it was a different era with the ambitions on a smaller scale than now.
Just read that Fosun is worth 60 billion with a fresh year profit of 1,5 billion.
One gets high expectations only from those mindboggling numbers.

On the other hand..baggies owner is also loaded,allthough not in Fosuns class.
It is what the people at the club does with it that counts in the end.
One bad summer transfer window can certainly mess things up,as proved in Sandwell...and until we get big enough to survive things like that without facing possible relegation it will remain a tight rope to walk on.

I just wish people will show patience and have realistic expectations.
I am not saying we won´t be a top six side at the end of the ten year masterplan..I´m just saying we won´t be that next season.

Mind you,a decent FA Cup run would keep people in a good mood.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net