Latest News:
New Page 1

Are Wolves Cheating
Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 11:10
After Wolves defeated his team on Wednesday night, Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani started whingeing about fairness, and hopes - together with Villa and Derby to get action taken against our team by the EFl and the FA. Daily Mail Sports Columnist Martin Samuels makes some interesting observations about this:

[url=http://[]]Martin Samuels[/url]

Re: Are Wolves Cheating
Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 11:20
Read it - speaks sense and Tim Spiers has written well in the E&S, though the latter is somehwat biased lol!

In the other thread entitled 'Almost' have a look at Warnocks comments - they're good.

I have commented in the past about the involvement of Mendes with Wolves. Who am I to understand the detail of arrangements when I questioned whether Fosuns involvement and (as reported) their business interests in his Agency does not constitute a conflict of interest? My question however relates to internal Wolves business only and wouldn't affect FFP or whether or not we hold the full registration of a player. In the end, it's the FA and EFL who decide on such business arrangements, not me or any other fan or CEO of a 'big club' prepared to go public and accuse via Twatter.

The key issue for me is the timing of these complaints. Nobody, absoultely no other club saw fit to make a complaint when we were languishing lower table last season. Smacks of sour grapes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2018 11:23 by Ivybridge Wolf.

09 March, 2018 11:30
Short, concise and to the point

Wolves statement

And importantly, no sign of low grade mud slinging back at those clubs making accusations or insinuations. Keeping it professional.

Hope the Villa CEO Wyness has helped in the build up to tomorrow. He's certainly assisted with the pre-match Wolves team talk, if Nuno could be ar$ed to take any notice!!

09 March, 2018 14:13
I read Warnock's words that you linked to Ivy and it was pleasing to see his support, but then he has been around for a long time hasn't he!!

I've just come across this on Facebook which I also think puts another spin on the issue:

This was written by a guy who posts as Wolvereeeen in the Express & Star, I think its brill.

Maybe someone has mentioned this already, I haven't spotted it... But last night the trouble-making chap watched Wolves humble his club, without Neves, our most celebrated and expensive player, and mostly without Costa, other major buy from last year, who only made a late cameo.
Two of last nights team (and a sub who came on) emerged from the Molineux youth ranks. There was a scouser in central defence, acquired from Huddersfield three years ago as a midfielder. There was an entirely unnoticed and uncapped Scot, bought from a Turkish club (after a stint in Poland). There was a Brazilian who no one had ever heard of, acquired minutes before the transfer deadline ended from an unknown club in the Middle East. A young teenage reserve from Athletico, who had been loaned out last year too. A young 20yo reserve from Porto, Nuno's previous club, who the manager knew had great potential and wanted to bring with him (infamy!). On the bench more guys bought from lower league clubs in their teens, plus a defender from a little noticed Portuguese club who have an average attendance of 4,000. Add two free agents who had been allowed to leave the mighty Norwich City at the end of last season (one dropped to the bench for this match) and an Moroccan guy, signed from a French club the season before, who no one noticed much last year (except some Newcastle thug). Let's not forget the guy from a Spanish club who even Hull City (then bottom of the Premier) allowed to leave in the previous mid-season window, despite their struggles... Oh, and Willy Boly, the man mountain, and Cav.
I'm asking myself, Why didn't leeds buy any of these guys? Who exactly was stopping them? And wasn't Danny Batth rumoured to be on his way to Elland Road last August?

Last summer Leeds appointed a Scandinavian manager, Wolves appointed Nuno. Both were fresh to English football, yet both started well. Then one management team kept getting the mishmash of players to improve, while the other seemingly did not.
There is the unfairness - that Wolves appointed Nuno and he has skilfully turned a floundering project, and a number of struggling players, completely around. And Leeds did not.
Leeds have subsequently appointed Heckinbottom, who has now won 2 matches from his last 28. It's just not fair, call the EFL and cry 'crookery'

Mama Mia - maybe it's not a maths lesson that the Leeds owner needs, it's an ineptitude test

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 20:42
It's pathetic that these worms slithering out of the woodwork have elected to complain due to wolves simply being better run with a much greater chance of promotion in order to mitigate their own failures. When Morgan was bleeding this club dry, no one came out publicly to state how offended they were outside wolves of our club being driven into the dirt, but of course any success to the detriment of their own shortcomings gets highlighted.

As the article says, leeds are below clubs with a much smaller budget than they have so should focus on their own inadequacies rather than what we do. The financial fair play should be scrapped, I feel "offended" that United sell pogba for virtually nothing to Juventus and buy him back for over 100 million. I feel offended that PSG are paying Neymar half a million pounds a week yet because this fits within legislation it is deemed acceptable but our relative small investment is highlighted.. let clubs spend what they can afford instead of a financial rule which not only is routinely broken but unfit for purpose anyway.

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 23:34
Cheating? Please.
I was jealous when Chelski and then Man Chity got their fists full of cash to improve. It is our turn. 5crew you.
I am gleeful at their infantile bleating.

irishwolf (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 20:59
Instead of feeling that we have to explain ourselves we should tell Leeds, Cardiff, Derby etc to xxxx off,,Simple.

Julius Cesar Wolf (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 13:21
Nothing in it as far as I can see.
With a loss of over 23 million we have to be careful..but only if not winning promotion,which we will.

Promotion alone is worth 100 million per season right?
Plus parachute money if tumbling down again in the region of 85 million.

No problems with FFP when numbers like these are ticking in.

The Mendes connection won´t fly at all.

15 March, 2018 17:59
Welcome aboard Julius Cesar Wolf I haven't seen you posting on here before

16 March, 2018 08:53
Thanks Cheshire.

I offer an outer perspective I suppose,since I´m Sweden.
Really grateful for Wolves TV that enables me to see almost every Wolves match.
Been a fan since 1977,the legendary snow match against Everton and Kenny Hibbitt scoring made me Wolves.Swedish national TV showed the game on what was the equivalent to BBCs Match of the day.

Been to Molineux and sunny Wolverhampton numerous times through the years,but haven´t been since 2013 so another visit is overdue.

Likes to drink in the great western and Combermere Arms when around.Don´t like curry but do like a full english breakfast.

Working my way towards the 92,since my missus is the understanding sort it is doable even from Sweden.Currently stands at 54.

Will travel to Russia this summer.Will wear my Sweden shirt with some pride.
Many occassions I travel in Wolves shirts...don´t know about that now regarding events in Salisbury.

Favourite player...Kenny Hibbitt.Nothing beats a childhood hero..sorry Bully.

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 10:54
Back before Wolves made it back to the top tier after all the dark years, there was a Scandinavian fan who had an interesting Wolves blog. On it was a clock ticking showing all the time we had been out of the top flight. Was that you?
I also love Wolves TV but I have had a few times when it has not worked properly after paying the fee, and ended up listening only

16 March, 2018 13:33
Chicago..that will be Truls Månsson.
He had that blog before our promotion against Blades in the playoff final in Cardiff..The DJ years.When we went up he scrapped it.
Mr Månsson is the longtime chairman(so to speak)of SwedeWolves..Wanderers swedish supporter club.They always have between 400 to 500 paying members and amongst other things publish a fanzine two times a year amply named Bulls Eye.

I used to be a member,but kinda grow out of it.It´s a nice bunch of ageing gentlemen though and most of them got hooked on Wolves during the late 60´s or the 70´s.

Wanderers is actually pretty big in Sweden.The supporterclub is definetly one of the larger one´s in Sweden.

oldngold (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 19:48
In short the answer is NO

20 March, 2018 10:25
I wonder when this so called meeting with Wolves and the Football League will take place?

Elsewhere: Kenny, snow, Everton. Nev Southall in goal? Looks like it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2018 10:27 by Ivybridge Wolf.

20 March, 2018 13:06
That´s how I remember it Ivybridge!
Can´t remember Southall in goal though...but he probably were..:-)
Love the shirt with the three Pumas as well.
They say it was a more level playing field back then,and they are probably right allthough the only thing I can remember growing up in the 70´s was Liverpool winning the League.

20 March, 2018 13:13
Strange looking at that photo and comparing it to postponements like us against Reading or Derby against Cardiff.
Has the shoes in England become more slippery in snow or has the concept of public safety been taken a notch to high?

When looking at a match from any winter in the 70´s..I am amazed of the quality of play on football pitches that more looks likes mudholes.
Just one sub allowed as well back then I recon.

Different times.

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 17:26
Julius Cesar Wolf
That´s how I remember it Ivybridge!
Can´t remember Southall in goal though...but he probably were..:-)
Love the shirt with the three Pumas as well.
They say it was a more level playing field back then,and they are probably right allthough the only thing I can remember growing up in the 70´s was Liverpool winning the League.
Kenny Hibbitt. What a player. It was indeed Southall in goal but the three Pumas were three wolves as in the name WOLVES.

21 March, 2018 12:33
It makes perfect sense,Andy.
An even nicer shirt then I recon.

21 March, 2018 23:42
Martin Samuels again expressed supportive argument for Wolves in yesterday's Mail

[url=http://[]]Martin Samuels[/url]

22 March, 2018 14:22
IF I´m reading it right it seems there is some clubs in the Prem that is siding with Villa and Leeds?

I find it all to be a minor storm in a very small glass of water anyways.
Nice to see that some of the Premier League clubs have noticed the great setup at Wolves nowadays.

Seems long since Moxey was in charge.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing