Latest News:
New Page 1

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 14:20
After last nights great win I've got my mojo back. 10 points in front of 3rd place with a better goal difference and we have to play 7 out of the current bottom 8 with 5 of those at home. What an opportunity. I know nothing can be taken for granted so let's have one last big push and surely we're there even if we don't win the league (which I think we will).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2018 14:22 by Andy Fincher.

Re: Almost.
Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 22:16
What a Manager we have Andy, who installs confidence in us all I believe. I was very impressed by his post match interview on Sky, which he always wants to keep to as short as possible. He will not get embroiled in the discussion about the disappointing results of the previous three matches, only saying "We knew what we had to do and we did it". Everyone on the TV was talking about the impact Afobe had, and his goal, but when Nuno was asked about him, all he said was "Yes... he is improving!!"

It really is all about the team with him - he wouldn't admit that we would miss Neves during his suspension, preferring to say "We have a squad and we have the players within it to come up with the goods" (or words to that effect!), and as Ivybridge has said, Saiss and N'Daiye bossed the midfield last night, with N'Daiye picking up Man Of The Match, so which of them will be dropped, or - in typical Nuno style - will Ruben Neves have to work hard to earn his place back in the team having lost it through suspension??

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 08:33
I don’t really mind who Nuno picks v Villa, though I have predicted it will be Neves and N’Daiye in midfield plus keeping Bonatini up front. Would be harsh on Saiss.

I too like Nuno’s simple, no nonsense approach post match. It’s always about the team, each player being an important cog in the collective!

I can’t wait until the match tomorrow afternoon/ evening. The anticipation is incredible. Additionally with the 3 matches we have in the next 8 days, seeing our dominance v Leeds on Wednesday, the thought of what position we might be in at 5pm after Burton is mouth watering - without being over cocky either. The importance of the return to that style of play v Leeds was a marvellous boost and without Neves too. Still, no illusions coz Villa will be a different proposition altogether.

Interesting to see the news about the EFL meeting yesterday. They want to speak to the club once again about governance. I hope there are no repercussions, though I do doubt it. I also question the timing of the interest by other clubs because nothing has changed at all since Fosun bought the club - with the exception we’re top of the league this year and also ran mid to lower table fodder last season. Could that be the difference I wonder?

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 11:10
Linked to the whinging going on from the likes of that nobody at Leeds and then Villa, Warnock speaks sense.

Warnock showing a bit of class

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 23:26
Ivybridge Wolf
Linked to the whinging going on from the likes of that nobody at Leeds and then Villa, Warnock speaks sense.
Warnock showing a bit of class

Shame that; do we have to be nice to him now after all these years? Although I did think that in one interview he mentioned the 'bad times' Wolves have been through a little bit too often.
On the original subject , we are NOT going to fold. Villa will want this one really bad, but they are probably our biggest remaining test (sorry Neil, Crapddiff included) and if we play like we did the other evening they should not be able to beat us. But even if they do we will still be promoted, probably as champions, probably by a big gap.
Wonder if Ruben will start; wouldn't want to make that call.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2018 23:36 by chicagowolf.

oldngold (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 23:42
How 45 minutes can change the situation.

Wolves have just been soundly beaten twice in the last 3 games and only have 5 points from 5 games.

I can see Fulham and Villa winning all of their remaining games. We have a long way to go yet, and Wolves over confidence in not bringing in someone like Graban or Vitrovic, both of whom have scored against us for Villa and Fulham is looking like hubris.

We've only had Bonatini (on loan from Saudi Arabia) as a striker all season until Afobe turned up. And Afobe only at the last minute in the Jan window.

To be honest our performance has been remarkable and shows how good Jota, Cav, Neves and Boly have been.

We have a long history of missing golden opportunities. I always felt the second season survival on the last day to remain for a 3rd season in the PL, which we followed with NO investment was a big mistake we would regret for many years.

Blow this and mediocrity is ours for well forever.

Look at Cardiff and Villa's final games. Assume they win all of them. Fulham look unstoppable at the moment. Just beat Preston 2-1 at Preston.

We haven't even secured a play off spot yet.

Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 14:03
Hopefully the next two matches will give us the opportunity to steady the ship.
The chasing pack must be gaining some encouragement from seeing our points lead chipped away. It is also surprising that having gone the extra mile to secure the services of Afobe he has not been used in any effective manner. I have a certain confidence that our skill level is high enough to see us successfully over the line but also feel that there will be a need to hold onto our best players and spend significantly to give us a squad able to compete in thr Premier as some current squad players are not going to be good enough.

oldngold (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 11:33
Its a funny old game.

Billericay Wolf (IP Logged)
12 March, 2018 17:22
Nail biting time at Molineux for the next two games.

Julius Cesar Wolf (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 13:16
Surely 15 more points should be enough.
Even if Villa and Fulham is continuing their spectacular forms.
The odd draw here and there is almost inevitable.

16 March, 2018 13:56
Looking at our remaining home fixtures..They are all winable for sure.
I do think we will beat NCBA(Nigel Cloughs Burton Albion)and Wednesday.
Small heath is a local derby,always tricky as such..but they are a really poor side.
Derby seems out of sorts ATM.Pressure on them as well regarding potental PO spot.
Hull isn´t scaring me..but it is worth noting they are a much better side recently.

We really should be able to collect 10 points here minimum.

Away fixtures..Boro and Cardiff stands out of course.Boro seems to play to their potential under boring Pulis and will be a tough nut to crack.
Expected Cardiff to fade away all season it seems.It hasn´t happened and one has to hand it to Warnock.Like Mick he knows this division and how to get outta here.
Notlob?...Useful at home I recon,but we should have to much class.
Sunderland might be relegated when we play them.Either way they are indeed a poor side.

Absolute minimum 5 points from the away fixtures.

I think we will end up champions.

17 March, 2018 14:28
They are dropping points now.
Fulham 2 QPR 2...and it was Hoops with the better chances second half.
Maximum for Fulham now 93 points.

It looks sliced bread.

17 March, 2018 18:38
Notlob 1 Vile 0.

Finally some value in Le Fondre.

Keep it up lad!

Trurotommo (IP Logged)
17 March, 2018 19:34
Now almost closer

17 March, 2018 19:36
Since Villa loses again the magic number is now 94.
We are 12 points from matter what Vile and Fulham accomplishes..we win four more and we are Prem.

It is not even nervewreching...We are Prem.

Sandwell on the other part...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/03/2018 19:39 by Julius Cesar Wolf.

17 March, 2018 19:46
All pressure on Boro as well before our match at Riverside.
We can afford a bad result.
Let them come I say...lay in ambush and counter them.
We haven´t won up there since 1951 I is time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/03/2018 19:47 by Julius Cesar Wolf.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing