football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Cyrille Regis
Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 09:44
I am devastated to hear the terrible news about Cyrille’s death today. 59 years old, awful. He was a magnificent player for us, Villa, Coventry and of course the Albion. The kind of player that as a youngster in the late seventies I just prayed we might buy off the Baggies. It was a pleasure to finally get to see him in Old Gold, albeit in the twilight of his career in the early 90s.

Powerful, direct, great on the ball, superb finisher and a great link up player too. By all that I’ve read over the years, a terrific man too. A real ambassador for football in every way. With my Albion family connections I was lucky enough to see him in Blue and White in his pomp on many occasions.

A truly great player whose recognised talent and ability transcended traditional footballing divides. My condolences to all that knew and loved him.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/01/2018 16:39 by Ivybridge Wolf.

Re: Cyril Regis
wolverina (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 11:21
Just found out - lovely man - died far too young! So sad..😢

Re: Cyril Regis
BULL SHAT MOXI (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 16:08
So very sad it was a pleasure to see this West Midland legend in a wolves shirt Sad day for all Albion, Coventry, Villa, and Wolves fans(Sm136)

Re: Cyrille Regis
Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 17:42
Also a sad day closer to home for me in Chester where Cyrille finished his playing days. He was clearly always a gentleman in spite of the horrific abuse he and his colleagues suffered in order to make black players an accepted part of the game. He has been taken far too early
RIP

Re: Cyrille Regis
chicagowolf (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 14:50
Sad day. Happy memories of a good man. (And slight trepidation that people way younger than me are popping off).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net