football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Can you believe this?
Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 22:24
Wolves have bid over £34m for 22 year old AC Milan forward Andre Silva. He hasn't scored in Serie A this season but hasn't played much. He has scored 8 goals in the Europa League. The bid has been rejected but we may be going back in.
Whether we get him or not, I didn't think I would see the day when Wolves were prepared to spend this sort of money. Fosun certainly mean business.

Re: Can you believe this?
chicagowolf (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 23:57
They paid less than that for the club. Old beetroot must be kicking himself.
So here is the calculation. Buy a Premier League club for 250 or 300 million or maybe buy a threadbare, faded-glory club for 30/40 million and spend big to make it.
Great if it works.
If.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2018 13:57 by chicagowolf.

Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 11:59
So far removed from the old days when we would have backed out of deals that were in single figure millions. There is an ambition being shown that this club has not seen before. Looking forward to a new stadium with capacity crowds and a team that can match any other. I know we are not in the Prem yet but when we do arrive I think that the floodgates will really open.

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 12:29
New stadium? Is this confirmed?

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 13:59
Quote:
an angry wolf
New stadium? Is this confirmed?

Yep. Redrow in a no-bid agreement. I saw it somewhere on the Dark Web

Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 14:29
No new stadium confirmed but it must surely be a priority.

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 17:11
Redevelopment I hope and urge - not a new ground. Plenty of room around Molineux. If it's on the cards that is.

A nice new Stevie Bull and new, improved and bigger single tear South Bank would be good.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 13:48
I agree Ivy, football history particularly stadiums are too easily surrendered and want to see us remain at Molineux. Clubs change colours, stadiums , even names so at what point does the club simply stop being Wolves or whatever and become a brand new club?

I was debating this at length on the mix before being banned again and the general consensus was people wanted us to retain our traditions but a few don't care and regard it like a computer game putting no importance in what has made this club what it is today. Increasing capacity is important , but why can't this be done at Molineux instead of the fosun arena miles away?

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 14:45
I liked Highbury, Maine Road and the Baseball Ground, all sadly long-gone.
But I LOVE the Molineux and the fact that no-one has re-named it yet is some sort of miracle in itself. But the game is transforming (faster than ever) and the commercialization is part of it.
On the subject of 'Will we still be Wolves?' Mikey posted the following (viewer discretion advised)
[southbankresistance.wordpress.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net