Should have been 4. Bring back Moxey.

Re: Match Thread Wolves vs Brentford Town
Billericay Wolf (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 22:27
We are SOOOOOoooo good.

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 23:49
Just got back from the match. The comments on here pretty much sum it up.
Brentford had more possession in the first half but we had the better chances. I can't think of Ruddy being seriously tested whereas Wolves hit the post, had another cleared off the line and their 'keeper made a good save. Costa was through one on one with the 'keeper and last season would surely have scored. He didn't play badly, Costa, but he isn't firing like last season. Maybe he needs some games but how the hell are you going to get them in this team?
The second half was a different kettle of fish. We started well with a good run and shot by Bonatini and then came the free-kick from Neves. What a beauty. We may have paid, what by our previous standards, was a lot of money for him but at £15m or £17.5m or whatever it was, he was a steal. I was still getting over it when Douglas hit another belter proving that his right foot isn't just to stop him falling over.
Again, Coady played well, hitting some lovely passes around and reading the game. I can't believe he is the same player as before. Boly is a bloody beast. if Scotland have a better left-back than Douglas I'd like to see him. Neves pulled the strings in the second half and Saiss (another improved from last season) made for a good combination.
On performances like this, the gap we have at the top has got more chance of doubling than narrowing.

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 23:59
And one more thing. Our lads were supposed to struggle once the winter arrived. Obviously nobody told them.

irishwolf (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 00:31
Fantastic stuff!
Lets just hope Nuno is not poached from Wolves!

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 02:00
Quote:
irishwolf
Fantastic stuff!
Lets just hope Nuno is not poached from Wolves!

Don't do that Irish. I am going to bed in a couple of hours and that thought might keep any Wolves fan awake

Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 11:42
I honestly believe Nuno is a man of conscience and is here for the long battle. I think he is enjoying what he has created at Wolves and appreciates the support he gets from Fosun in team building etc. It's a big move to be a statistic at another club. I hope that's the case anyway!!

Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:47
Quote:
an angry wolf
I'd go so far as to say this is one of the best teams in England at the moment. When you consider how weak the premiership is bar man city ( who we stopped from scoring ) I'd say there is nothing to fear next season assuming we go up. If we can keep the same ambition levels, I fully expect a challenge for the top 6 nest season as a realistic aim.. look at the garbage in the prem
West Brom
Huddersfield
West spam
Watford
Southampton
Newcastle
Brighton
Palace
Bournemouth
Stoke
Swansea etc etc

I would back us to beat all those teams comfortably which is 11 of the 20 teams right

there

Whilst I would like to share your enthusiasm and accept that the Prem is not the best it could be the teams will all present a stronger challenge than we are being set at the moment and our confidence is high. Playing at the level we are now will be harder to sustain in the Prem and a few poor results could see a dip in morale/form/results.

03 January, 2018 21:23
Just watched the extended highlights of the game. What a classy team our Wolves are!! So many positive aspects to the game. I have to agree with Andy F re: Connor Coady - he has simply grown massively in confidence and skill in his new position and as captain, and he barely gives the ball away, but is becoming the master of long passes from the back.

The only thing lacking from him this season is a goal - every one of our other regular outfield players have scored this season which is quite remarkable!

Every player contributes to the result and is involved by his team mates. Neves rules the midfield without doubt, and it seems our wing backs are always available to take a pass on the wings.

One thing is for sure. Deciding which goal to vote for for Goal Of The Season, and which player to vote for for Player Of The Season is going to be hellish hard when the time comes!!

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 21:48
Be fair Chesh, Coady only gets as far as the half-way line.

03 January, 2018 22:27
Well he scored a belter against us for Huddersfield Andy - I just keep waiting for a repeat performance!!

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net