Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Re: Match Thread - Bristol City vs Wolves
Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:23
Ryan Bennett yes yes yes City 1 Wolves 2
Fabulous free kick from Barry Douglas put it on his head
That's it 3 points!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2017 19:25 by Cheshire wolf.

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:25
Fantastic result , looks like we are going up this season gentlemen

Trurotommo (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:25
Get in there!

wolverina (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:26
OMG - brilliant! 🍸🍸 Happy New Year everyone!

Trurotommo (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:28
edge of the seat game from the sounds of it but a job well done, BBC showing that Bris had 61% possession but clearly struggled to use it effectively.

Cheers all

Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:31
As much as I was hoping I really didn’t expect that. Fabulous result and all credit to the team and travelling supporters.
And Cav made a real difference.

30 December, 2017 19:31
A really good match to watch with lots of ups and downs. Cav made a great change when he came on and of course levelling to ten men aside made it a game to win. Barry Douglas - what a free kick genius he is!!
Ten points clear at the top going into 2018
Happy New Year to you all smileys with beersmileys with beer

30 December, 2017 19:32
Quote:
an angry wolf
Fantastic result , looks like we are going up this season gentlemen

And ladies Angry!!!

30 December, 2017 19:35
Just seen that when Bennett scored the winner Nuno was going ballistic with joy - in the City Directors Box!!!

Billericay Wolf (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:20
Well played lads.Happy New Year one and all.

Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:37
Beforehand I would have settled for 5 points from the 3 Christmas games so to take 7 is fantastic. I must be the only one who thinks that Baath shouldn't have been sent off for that tackle

irishwolf (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:02
Fantastic stuff,,, mixing nice football with the will to get stuck in.
I love to see Nuno getting so animated.

Om another note, I watched Cardiff last night, no way are they going up - not even through the play offs!

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:19
Seriously, a pleasure to have attended another memorable away day.

Very seriously boys and girls ....... UP THE WOLVES!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:36
I think the ref could have used common sense with the batth challenge but technically by the letter of the law it was a red as both feet were up showing studs. As Cheshire says, the pics of nuno in the directors box cheering the goal whilst the old stuffed shirts wagged fingers at him made my night as well.

31 December, 2017 00:46
Seen Nuno’s celebrations on channel 5 and they show a man who is brimming passion.

That was a match to remember. One for both the team and the fans. Magnificent and a privilege to witness!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

irishwolf (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:38
Quote:
Ivybridge Wolf
Seen Nuno’s celebrations on channel 5 and they show a man who is brimming passion.
That was a match to remember. One for both the team and the fans. Magnificent and a privilege to witness!

I agree Ivy, it must have been fantastic for the fans who travelled.
Im sure there will be many ups and downs before the end of the season but i believe there are always moments which define a season and this was one such moment for wolves.
What a fantastic feeling when everyone is pulling together, Owner, Manager, backroom staff, players, fans etc..
Happy Days!

31 December, 2017 09:59
I wrote a match day review last night Irish but a bit concerned it’s been lost in the Sportnetwork ether as all my PMs are showing as blank. Written in the moment when I got home. I was absolutely buzzin! It’s always tough when down to 10 but there was a big difference yesterday against the odds, We retained a combative approach but remained calm - I never felt we were out of it even when we went 1 down.

Personally, I blew 3 gaskets. First when Fielding was sent off. By denying a certain goal, I didn’t just want to see a red card, I wanted to see death by firing squad. Funny how the moment grabs ya! Second - of course the Douglas free kick. Truly wild scenes! The third - what else but the nodding head of Bennett in the 94th. Complete pandemonium at Ashton Gate! I saw the honours list yesterday, usual rubbish but I would like to have nominated the whole of Douglas’s left leg for services to football. A gem of a left boot delivered to us from obscurity.

One of those matches and days we live for as fans! Utterly fantastic.

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 15:01
Unbelievable. Great result, and what a game! And especially special to see so many posters back for year end.
Happy New Year all.

01 January, 2018 14:07
Quote:
chicagowolf
Unbelievable. Great result, and what a game! And especially special to see so many posters back for year end.
Happy New Year all.

I have to agree Chicago, it is good see a really good night for Wolves bringing posters on to the board.

I must admit I am often fascinated when I start the match thread to see how views there are before the game starts, and then how few posters there can be during and after the game. I hope board members will stick around during 2018 as I think it's going to be a truly memorable year for us - knowing that if we achieve promotion we will have a damned good chance of staying up without relying on the financial demise of other clubs or other excuses.

As most of you will know I'm doing my best to keep the board running by myself. I don't have the technical nous of Badge32, but just do my best. I therefore really need to know that it's worth doing, and look forward to the time when someone can step up to help.

In the meantime Happy New Year to you all, and here's to another three points tomorrow night.

PS: I've just watched this highlights package of our season so far to some great music in the background - well worth a watch

Wolves 2017 highlights

Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 14:49
And a very happy new year to you Chesh and thanks for all your efforts. I am sure that the number of posters will increase in proportion to the clubs success.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net