football
Latest News:
New Page 1

WBA Sack Pulis silly fools
BULL SHAT MOXI (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 11:43
Pulis as been sacked now is record of late may be poor but over last 3seasons they have finished 12 13 and 10 he kept Stoke and Palace up was manager of the year with Palace What do they want there not Chelsea or a City never will be, But he can keep you in the Prem, they could live hopefully to regret this.(Sm126) Is Lambert still available??(Sm100)

[IMG]http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj547/dwmat/tombs[URL=http://s1267.photobucket.com/user/dwmat/media/IMG_2545_zpsxq4ob6ck.jpg.html]http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj547/dwmat/IMG_2545_zpsxq4ob6ck.jpgtone1_zpsb3e8e898.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Re: WBA Sack Pulis silly fools
chicagowolf (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 20:18
Fools indeed; that one interesting statistic - Pullis never had a team relegated - still has not been tested.
Maybe they can get Walter Zenga.
On another thread someone mentions Coleman taking the job at Sunderland. I was never quite sure how he got the job at Fulham, although he did OK there. But his only experience of the Championship appears to be at Coventry City, where he was sacked after nearly getting them relegated, and participated in the downward spiral from which they have never recovered. Looks like Sunderland are well on the way to the First Div for a year or two.

Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 20:30
I think it's a daft move by West Brom too. The old adage of 'Be careful what you wish for' may well apply here too. To sack their manager after a loss to Chelsea is bizarre, although I take on board their poor record so far this season. I can't help wondering who they hope to bring in - probably Big Sam!!

I raised the issue of Coleman going to Sunderland on that thread Chicago. I would have understood him leaving Wales to take the Everton job, but to go to the bottom of the Championship??? I expect Pulis to now fill the vacant Wales post, and hope that the end of this season will see WBA drop out of the PL to be replaced by Wolves!!

irishwolf (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 23:37
I think West Brom are correct to sack Pullis, for the following reasons.

1.Now is the time to replace him as there is still a long way to go this season for a new man to come in and turn it around, no point in waiting until March 2018!
2. It will allow the new manager the opportunity to dabble in the upcoming transfer window.
3. His Style of football is shocking, he has been serving up @#$%& football for decades.
4. Football is changing, the days of setting up for a 0-0 draw are long gone.
5. Sometimes the Manger - Player relationship goes stale , this seems to be the situation at West Brom.

Good riddance to Pullis, I just wish West Brom had not of sacked him as there would have been a better chance of West Brom been relegated with him as Manager. I know he has never been relegated but there is a first time for everything lol.

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 14:11
Obviously the Chinese owners have had enough and are attempting to protect their investment in the premier league. Time will tell, particularly who will come in, however I would like them to stay up and pray that we are in a position to try to beat them next season! As a traditionalist I like to see Albion, Villa and us all up together.

As for the style of football at Albion, the owners are of course looking at results, however the Baggy fans have been putting up with some of the most boring, defensive, negative football they’ve seen up the Hawthorns and they’ve been complaining for a long time. Sounds akin to our Hoddle revolution. The crowds have also been dropping like a stone too - just over 23,000 for the Chelsea drubbing.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Image of my first Wolves Badge

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
21 November, 2017 14:27
Quote:
Ivybridge Wolf
As a traditionalist I like to see Albion, Villa and us all up together.

Me too. Although I find the animosity to the Baggies wilting over the years, I still get a thrill from seeing them walloped.

lawndog (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 14:53
Pardew appointed

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 23:11
Quote:
lawndog
Pardew appointed

No great fan of Pardew but he should be able to, at least, keep them up.
West Ham already have that smell of doom, and it must have felt weird for Moyes to lose so badly to his old team, with Wayne - Where's The Bar - getting a hat-trick. Fun days!
It is always nice for those of us who are not vastly wealthy to imagine the joy of having loads of money. I wonder how many joyous days David Moyes has had since the day he got the Man U job? Not many I bet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net