football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Nuno On Everton Shortlist
Badge32 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 09:05
It is beleived they have already made contact with Jorge Mendes who is said to be listening. Dyche is still favourite for the Everton job but if he decides he wants to stay with Burnley it could be a worring time for us.

Re: Nuno On Everton Shortlist
an angry wolf (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 10:15
He owes us a full season.. what's the point in anyone signing a contract? A manager can leave at any time and can get sacked at any time. It makes a mockery of the entire recruitment process if he goes after being here after 20 weeks.

irishwolf (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 12:19
Everton are just fishing to see who is out there - who is available / who would b interested etc. I also saw Big Sam being linked with the job today.

Also the bookmakers love this stuff as people rush to the their local betting shop to waste 10 quid after seeing a story on sky news!! Tomorrow there will be another story on the internet linking another Manager with the Everton job!

So what we could have in effect here, is the possibility of Everton wanting Sean Dyche but lining up Nuno as their second choice, Big Sam as their Third choice etc!!!!

I have really been impressed with Nuno so far but if he shows any interested in this job whatsoever than he can f xxx right off IMO.

This is just another example of why I, and millions of others, are losing interest in football.. no loyalty, fake news, Sky sports propaganda by coming out with a Breaking News story every 10 minutes... and Agents (who are the scourge of football) becoming ever more powerful.

Anyway, what decent manager would want the Everton job at the moment????

01 November, 2017 12:56
Quote:
irishwolf
Everton are just fishing to see who is out there - who is available / who would b interested etc. I also saw Big Sam being linked with the job today.
Also the bookmakers love this stuff as people rush to the their local betting shop to waste 10 quid after seeing a story on sky news!! Tomorrow there will be another story on the internet linking another Manager with the Everton job!

So what we could have in effect here, is the possibility of Everton wanting Sean Dyche but lining up Nuno as their second choice, Big Sam as their Third choice etc!!!!

I have really been impressed with Nuno so far but if he shows any interested in this job whatsoever than he can f xxx right off IMO.

This is just another example of why I, and millions of others, are losing interest in football.. no loyalty, fake news, Sky sports propaganda by coming out with a Breaking News story every 10 minutes... and Agents (who are the scourge of football) becoming ever more powerful.

Anyway, what decent manager would want the Everton job at the moment????

add to that the wages and that's why I haven't subscribed to sky sports for ages. I've very little interest in football these days TBH but regarding Everton its an ideal job for a manager.. big club under achieving so can't see why any manager would not be interested. The worst type of jobs are clubs which are near the ceiling of what can be achieved but with everton there is huge scope for improvement making it an attractive proposition.

irishwolf (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 14:48
Angry, Everton are going nowhere, Koeman spent big but found himself in the relegation zone ..
Everton are another one of these clubs who have delusions, similar to Newcastle...
There are plenty of Managers who would jump at this but they would mainly be Managers who know they will never get to manage another club of this size!

I dont think Everton will achieve anything in he next 10 years. In fact, unless their players get the finger out they could be in the championship next year!

01 November, 2017 14:55
Quote:
irishwolf
Angry, Everton are going nowhere, Koeman spent big but found himself in the relegation zone ..
Everton are another one of these clubs who have delusions, similar to Newcastle...
There are plenty of Managers who would jump at this but they would mainly be Managers who know they will never get to manage another club of this size!

I dont think Everton will achieve anything in he next 10 years. In fact, unless their players get the finger out they could be in the championship next year!

They don't have to be going anywhere, they're a big club with finance that most managers would bite their hands off to manage. Koeman spent over 100 million this summer and they're lurking near the relegation zone which is every managers wet dream as just staying up is deemed to be a success. A manager spending big with a club near the bottom doesn't reflect badly on the club, it reflects badly on the manager which is why they are an extremely attractive proposition. I'm not sure what you mean by a club with delusions, do you think Wolves are a bigger club than Everton for eg? Both Newcastle and Everton are considerably bigger than Wolves.

irishwolf (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 16:10
Angry, no i dont think Wolves are a bigger club than Everton, not at all.
My point about Everton (and Newcastle) is that they both believe that they are at the same level as as Liverpool or Man Utd when this clearly isnt the case at all. The only thing Newcastle has going for it is that they have a fanatical 50k crowd every week.

My point is that Everton are a mid table Premiership club and while a lot of managers would jump at the chance to manage them, i dont see Wenger or Sir Alex throwing their hat into the ring! The main candidates being associated with Everton at the moment include, Big Sam, Sean Dyche, Nuno, Unsworth and David Moyes!

oldngold (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 16:35
Does Mendes have a business relationship with the owners of Everton?

If Mendes has no interests with Everton then I don't think this is going to go anywhere.

Fosun should be more than able to match any offers that Everton might make to Nuno and Mendes. And their close business relationship should maintain that position.

From what I am seeing through the news today is that Everton have approached Mendes but Nuno is minded to remain at Wolves.

If he formally turns down Everton I can see him receiving an enormous standing ovation at Molineaux on Friday

Badge32 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 19:38
E&S are now saying that there has been no approach from Everton and Nuno is happy at Wolves and has no interest in leaving.

irishwolf (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 20:15
As i thought,, Fake news... nothing new in that!

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 20:21
BBC reporting Nuno is not interested. Specifically I believe Nuno has made the obvious decision in this instance and for that I’m thankful.

It’s a good point as to whether Nuno definitely would have declined interest if Mendes was a Toffee nosed agent, however we’ll never know.

In terms of Everton - surely one of the best jobs in English football? Traditionally a great club, big and loyal fan base, discussions about a new ground - real opportunity there I think.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Image of my first Wolves Badge

irishwolf (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 20:41
Hi Ivy, i was having this discussion with Angry earlier today... I still fail to see how it is viewed as one of the biggest jobs in English football.. They havnt won the League since 1991.. or the FA cup since 1995.... also there must be something wrong with the mindset of the current squad - their current form is disgraceful , any Manager who leaves a decent job to go to Everton needs their head examined IMO.

01 November, 2017 20:53
Everton are a top ten club in England , I don't think it's deluded for their fans to expect them to be knocking around the top 6 with what they have spent. They have spent more years than any other club in England playing in the top tier bar Arsenal with a fantastic collection of silverware albeit it going back a bit till their last success. Managers don't look at clubs overachieving Irish, they look at ones underachieving like Everton where the odds are they will pick up rapidly. I can't see how any manager would look at a big club underachieving being anything other than a fantastic opportunity unless you believe the club is cursed somehow.

irishwolf (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 22:15
Well it will be interesting to see what happens and what Dyche will decide if he is offered the job.

Does anyone know what sort / length of contract Nuno has with Wolves?

Badge32 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 22:21
Three year contract.

Badge32 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 22:22
Everton knock around the fringes of the europa league so that in itself is a very temping offer for any manager.

01 November, 2017 22:32
Speaking of most deluded clubs, my nomination would be west ham. A club that whines in seasons when it is top half of the premiership... utterly deluded living in the Booby Moore era that cant move on

irishwolf (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 22:56
Cheers Badge, a 3 year contract is good to hear, i really like this guy, not that contracts count for much these days lol.

Angry, I think you have issues with these West Ham owners lol.
I cant understand why Bilic doesn't tell them to Fxxx off , the poor guy seems to be constantly under pressure, all you hear is ,,, Bilic has 2 games to save his job... Or .. the West Ham owners are meeting to discuss the Managers position. They are lucky to have this guy.

Anyway West Ham should never have moved from Upton Park , they could have easily re-built it.

Badge32 (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 18:35
Nuno was stated on sky sports as saying he must 'respect' his contract. When you sign a contract you must respect that contract and people who know me personally know what kind of man I am and my beliefs

irishwolf (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 20:51
Quote:
Badge32
Nuno was stated on sky sports as saying he must 'respect' his contract. When you sign a contract you must respect that contract and people who know me personally know what kind of man I am and my beliefs

He is one of a dying breed, a man who believes that shaking hands on a deal means something... I hope he stays for the 3 years and after that, if then a bigger club comes along to make him an offer , which may well be the case, I will wish him well.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net