football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Should Boly start?
Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 17:08
A debate has arisen over whether Willy Boly should start now that he is fit.
I'm sure Nuno is hanging on my every word so here goes.
In the summer it wouldn't have bothered me if Danny Batth had left and I certainly wasn't surprised when he was not selected for the first few matches. Since he has come back in though, he looks a different player and looks suited to the style we are now playing.
For me, Coady has been a revelation since being played in the middle of the defence and in no way would I drop him.
At the beginning of the season, Miranda looked shaky, accident prone and got caught out on several occasions. Since he has been switched to the left though, he has looked much stronger and more comfortable there. Positionally I think it should be either Miranda or Boly but at the moment I would leave things as they are.
It's a strong position to be in, having Boly to come in if there is an injury or if things start to go wrong.

Re: Should Boly start?
Ian.PershoreWolf (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 20:59
No.
We are capable of clean sheets without him. He'll have to wait his turn.
I'm more concerned about what's upfront. That 1st half against Villa hinted that Cavaleiro,Jota and Costa was 1 wide player too many. We never looked like scoring despite battering them elsewhere. Bonatini filled the hole 2nd half. Question is.. which 1 of those 3 do we drop ?

Badge32 (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 21:13
Why change, Keep the threeup front to tire the opponents defence out for Bonatini to take advantage.

Badge32 (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 21:15
It's a tough call with Boly, He is a big and strong lad a should be in the side. However the three in at the moment are doing a cracking job and it would be wrong to drop one.

Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 10:40
It's a conundrum isn't it!!

Have to agree with Andy that Batth has certainly upped his game since getting his chance in the team, and he's not hoofing it up the pitch as per last season.

I think it's probably a case where Boly now has to await his chance to get back in and prove he should stay. It surely won't take long before an injury or a sending off provides that, if not then I would expect to see him in the match at Man City.

The three up front situation is also interesting. I would agree with Badge's idea of using the front three to tire the opposition defence before introducing the striker. I have to wonder how long Costa is going to be content with being regularly substituted too?

I'm away with family this weekend so I'm afraid I won't be able to assist with commentary tomorrow

Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 14:48
Sorry I think I may have just inadvertently deleted messages from Bull Shat Moxi & Chicago on my iPhone.
I was intending to read them and can’t explain what happened. Apologies

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net