football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Could this be our season ? Dare we believe ?
Millswolf (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 22:19
I've been an avid wolves fan since I can remember, I'm 34 and I'm sure there are other posters who may have seen a quality wolves team "back in the day" but, for Me, that's THE BEST WOLVES TEAM I've seen.

Fluid play, solid at the back, move forward as a unit, so comfy on the ball, creative with a touch of flair and any of the team look likely to get o the score sheet....

... and costa hasn't even hit full fitness yet ! To think after last season costa wouldn't be the first name of the team sheet just shows how far we have come in such a short time....

Credit to nuno and his backroom staff
Credit to the players buying into the total football

And special credit to fosum for seeing the club's true worth and soon things right !!!

And thank you Mendes.... No doubt without your help we wouldn't be seeing what we are seeing...

Batth looks like he is enjoying his football again, coast is a true leader both full back play with great positional awareness, sais looks to give neves the freedom to pull the strings and any of the 4 out the three attackers look dangerous and can interchange....

Not only that but we have a strong squad that are still learning how each other play and god knows how young the average age is !

Even with the likes of boly out and costa not fit, Graham on loan we still look like any player can come in and fit into the team.

I really can't praise what I've seen this season highly enough so far.... is this really wolves ?? Haha

Only slight concerns I have are that teams are going to pack the bus now and kick us off the pitch at times... let's hope we don't get any serious injuries like last season.... also winter is coming... meaning poor conditions evening the odd abit for other teams...

Also interesting ready on the villa forum.... nothing but praise the how we played and they think we are one of the best teams they sewn ever in this league.

Oh and let's not forget....

we're top off the league!!!!!!!

Re: Could this be our season ? Dare we believe ?
Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 18:55
Watching that match on Saturday was just fantastic wasn’t it? We absolutely dominated a Villa side who I didn’t think were too bad, it was more to do with our brilliant style of football, skill and ball retention.

Our little merry band of Wolves fans in the pub in Ivybridge who cooing, oohing and fist pumping as the pints went down with great ease mesmerised by the effort of the lads. Best thing was I didn’t spill a drop.

During the first half, well until Bonatini’s goal, I did keep on about us having the need for a good old fashioned centre forward because they’d have a field day in this side. I got a bit boring complementing Bonatini but stating he falls just short of my expectations, then he smashes a brilliant goal on the angle. What do I know? (I still think we need s centre forward though ....... ).

As for Jota - OK, he’s only been around 5 minutes but I can’t remember how long I’ve been so excited about in a Gold shirt? Class.

I’ve had my concerns over the Fosun takeover but you cant argue with the style of football which is really good quality.

26 points, top of the table, long way to go - but so many ‘reasons to be cheerful’.

UTW!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Image of my first Wolves Badge

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 20:31
Yes, it feels like the Real Deal as Matt Doherty is quoted as saying. So many things we have got used to are not happening. Like a collapse after the international break. Like being better on the road than at home. Like losing inexplicably to some gang of no-hope, dead-bottom, cheap-jack scufflers. Like transfer windows where all that happens is rumours. Like teams cobbled together that take a while to 'gel together'. Like Steve Bull appearing in the E&S telling us earnestly that turnarounds don't happen overnight. Like overpaid 'Chief Executives' telling us that "we have to be fiscally responsible".

Remember when Chelski got lambasted for Buying Their Way To Success ; and then Man Sh1TTy went the same route? Bet their fans did not complain.
Well, its OUR TURN.
We Are Wolves.

BULL SHAT MOXI (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 20:00
Quote:
chicagowolf
s
Remember when Chelski got lambasted for Buying Their Way To Success ; and then Man Sh1TTy went the same route? Bet their fans did not complain.
Well, its OUR TURN.
We Are Wolves.

Remembering the days when the likes of the Doog Munro,Jimmy Mac, and co these were our foreign players, When united came down with Charlton Law Best. City with Bell Sumerbee, No team had players from outside UK, Yes I for one said Arsenal no they aint, Chelsea United City all foreign teams

Then when Jota (Portugal) but that ball into the Villa net I nearly leapt on to the pitch followed by Bonatini (Brazil) ecstasy, Oh dear I must be a hypocrite but then thats football now days Money rules and will be over the moon to see us join the likes of Chelsea and City so bring it on. The one draw back with all of this in our football today:: I saw England win the World cup in 66 that will never happen again

[IMG]http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj547/dwmat/tombs[URL=http://s1267.photobucket.com/user/dwmat/media/IMG_2545_zpsxq4ob6ck.jpg.html]http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj547/dwmat/IMG_2545_zpsxq4ob6ck.jpgtone1_zpsb3e8e898.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Billericay Wolf (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 15:29
Every game that goes by, my innate fear of losing, cynicism, and remembrance of things past, diminishes. Please don't let us down Wolves.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net