football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Re: The Future Of The Molineux Way
chicagowolf (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 03:57
Well we beat Burton, so our Champions League prospects look bright. Villa stuck four past them; Wolves did too. Villa should be an interesting test for us.
I don't ever remember Wolves playing anything but the pressing/long ball game, (and I remember Stan Cullis and Sammy Chung, among others). Perhaps we can actually play 'proper' football where you pass the ball out and overwhelm, not by clogging but by the accuracy of the pass and the ability to beat markers and dribble past 'defenders' who hope the officials don't notice their misdeeds.

Nice to see a sign of the old vitriol, Angry. Just five twitching corpses on ths cobweb infested site and we still manage to bicker and bite.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2017 03:58 by chicagowolf.

Badge32 (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 08:23
Quote:
irishwolf
Im not missing the point at all Cheshire, i just think its an over-reaction.
Why dont we all try an give it one more go so.
Then if it doesn't improve.... well then there is no point in flogging a dead horse.

Im game if others are???

The last time it looked like a dead horse I said I would give it one more try. Things got worse despite me putting more stuff up.

Risca TM (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 09:03
Thanks Cheshire. All the best to as well mate.

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 11:04
Quote:
chicagowolf

Nice to see a sign of the old vitriol, Angry. Just five twitching corpses on ths cobweb infested site and we still manage to bicker and bite.

It's always best to highlight hypocritical BS when you see it Chicago.. I like consistency from people instead of changing views from one day to the next. It's happened many times over the years and they just slither off thinking it's forgotten- practice what you preach is the old mantra or don't preach it.

This site was busiest when we had a wide diversity of posters, most not caring less who got into an argument with anyone else. 6 months of 3 or 4 people typing "come on wolves " on match threads doesn't interest anyone. Go to any wolves forum and you will see people falling out, put a group of people together in the real world and they row.. it's called reality not this boring stagnation we have now. [www.thefootballnetwork.net]

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 13:37
Quote:
an angry wolf
Quote:
chicagowolf

It's always best to highlight hypocritical BS when you see it Chicago.. I like consistency from people instead of changing views from one day to the next. It's happened many times over the years and they just slither off thinking it's forgotten- practice what you preach is the old mantra or don't preach it.

This site was busiest when we had a wide diversity of posters, most not caring less who got into an argument with anyone else. 6 months of 3 or 4 people typing "come on wolves " on match threads doesn't interest anyone. Go to any wolves forum and you will see people falling out, put a group of people together in the real world and they row.. it's called reality not this boring stagnation we have now. [www.thefootballnetwork.net]

True, but inconsistency is occasionally changing your views, which we do all the time. I was one of the posters who wanted to keep Lambert, which feels kind of foolish now.
Also you cannot get three or more together without 'differing opinions' and getting heated. (I was in a church group once that was amusingly caustic).
But I would have thought that, maybe, as the dying blog fades slowly in the west, we might all smile benignly at each other and wave a fond farewell.

03 October, 2017 15:20
Quote:
chicagowolf
But I would have thought that, maybe, as the dying blog fades slowly in the west, we might all smile benignly at each other and wave a fond farewell.

I completely agree which was why the thread was amiable simply wishing people well before Risca decided to return from years in the wilderness describing me as poison. Strange how he posts within hours of my first post since last Spring to make the grand announcement yet for months on end never contributed at all to the board despite the apparent poison not being here.

03 October, 2017 15:29
In any event (Sm150)

[youtu.be]

janets2803 (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 15:41
Quote:
chicagowolf

Not sure if you are referring to me chicagowolf (Sm124).........but I've tried to be a likkle angel! (Sm30)

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 16:54
Quote:
janets2803
Quote:
chicagowolf

Not sure if you are referring to me chicagowolf (Sm124).........but I've tried to be a likkle angel! (Sm30)

No Janet, neither the bickering or the corpses! Hope you are well

janets2803 (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 17:24
Quote:
chicagowolf
Quote:
janets2803
Quote:
chicagowolf

No Janet, neither the bickering or the corpses! Hope you are well

Phew that's a relief! (Sm8)........I feel better already!! (Sm6)

Hope you are well too! (Sm14)

Badge32 (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 18:06
It has been a long time since we had this many posters on. Even match days have had less.

irishwolf (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 02:41
Quote:
Badge32
It has been a long time since we had this many posters on. Even match days have had less.

You see Badge ... where there is life there is hope.
Keep the faith.

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 03:04

Badge32 (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 07:45
Quote:
irishwolf
Quote:
Badge32

You see Badge ... where there is life there is hope.
Keep the faith.

Maybe, But the Docs will ask for the papers to be signed soon to turn the life support off.

Ian.PershoreWolf (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 07:52

Steway (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 13:55
Quote:
Cheshire Wolf
We have had members leave and then say they sit on the sidelines watching but don't post. I fail to understand this notion, but their lack of involvement has contributed to this situation. Steway came on after a lengthy absence full of apologies, was welcomed back, then disappeared again!! Why bother?? 

Quite honestly Cheshire, I saw how dead the site was an thought "Why bother??" myself. I now follow the Mix. It's not the same but at least you get replies and a lack of personal attacks/offensive threads. This site had a good run but it ran it's course years ago, sadly.

Hope you're all well and adios amigos!

PS - Hi again angry, hope you enjoyed my little present a while back!

05 October, 2017 09:00
Quote:
Steway
Quote:
Cheshire Wolf
We have had members leave and then say they sit on the sidelines watching but don't post. I fail to understand this notion, but their lack of involvement has contributed to this situation. Steway came on after a lengthy absence full of apologies, was welcomed back, then disappeared again!! Why bother?? 

Quite honestly Cheshire, I saw how dead the site was an thought "Why bother??" myself. I now follow the Mix. It's not the same but at least you get replies and a lack of personal attacks/offensive threads. This site had a good run but it ran it's course years ago, sadly.

Hope you're all well and adios amigos!

PS - Hi again angry, hope you enjoyed my little present a while back!

I'm not sure what's funnier, your " present " a while back deleting threads as a mod in a narcissistic power trip with thousands of views resulting in people leaving the site pretending it was Ian/Dave Picken or your cringeworthy begging thread to return without making another post after being welcomed back by the mensa club on here like the long lost prodigal son who have forgot past transgressions.

Either way, both actions without being challenged by the resident sheep show the site is on it's a.rse and prob best it closes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2017 09:01 by an angry wolf.

Ian.PershoreWolf (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 09:53
Thanks for your above post Angry.

So at last the truth comes out. It WAS Steway that got the entire board to turn on me. I'm not a person to go around pointing fingers, and strangely I'd always got on with Steway as I have done over the years with most posters,so I never got to know who it was.
What happened there was unforgiveable what with people calling me a fkin rat and subjecting me to loads of abuse for 3 weeks or so about it. Angry and PeteWolf were probably the worst for giving me stick but we got past it once the truth was out it wasn't me.
There was never any apology from Steway at that time to all who got involved in it. I wouldn't accept one anyway. I never really trusted anyone on here after that.All he did was run and hide.
What a w-nker.

05 October, 2017 10:50
Yes it was steway hence he scuttled off into the sunset after he was found out. The thread he decided to delete had probably two years of posts on it hence the anger at the time towards who I thought was the perceived culprit Ian /Dave Picken so apologies over that.

The thread was the mostly wide viewed since the site began and he deleted it along with others hiding away letting others take the blame. There were even threads on club grounds the petty pr.1ck decided to delete leading to people like Bradmore leaving the site as in his own words it wasn't worth commenting on here anymore due to every post disappearing. It obviously got steways little willy hard creating chaos on here yet he is welcomed back and after one post has decided to fck off again lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2017 10:51 by an angry wolf.

05 October, 2017 10:59
[www.thefootballnetwork.net]

Around this time before steways antics the site had bickering etc but had decent numbers.. this creep messing around on here put paid to that as people decided why bother posting with some childish tosspot deleting every thread. Arguments may cause the odd poster to leave, deleting threads after hours of work put into them " for a laugh"simply destroys any website which is what happened. He also added threads on an anonymous ID using his mod abilities calling us all w*nkers etc as the link shows

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2017 11:01 by an angry wolf.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net