football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
The Future Of The Molineux Way
Badge32 (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 10:44
I have decided I will no longer be dealing with things on here. I kept trying to keep it alive and put new things on to try and generate new interest, however it seems that is not enough. I thought a good start for Wolves would kick start this site back up again but it seems many have found a new home. I have now started doing some old hobbies i used to enjoy and would rather put my spare time into improving on those. I will continue to come on here and post but I fear the site will soon close for good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/09/2017 14:59 by Cheshire wolf.

Re: Stepping Away
Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 11:19
Fair enough Badge.

You’ve done a great job, however completely understand.

Sadly, I agree with you last sentence.

UTW

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Image of my first Wolves Badge

Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 14:58
Well folks this is a desperately disappointing position to reach on this wolves fans board.

Badge has been trying really hard over the past 12 - 18 months to put items of interest on the board and has always set up the match pages which have satisfied the publishing requirements of Sportnetwork to keep the site open. Unfortunately the apathy amongst our members has led him to realise that the effort is largely wasted.

The reality is that the site is likely to be closed sooner than later. Other than Badge32 I am the only other Moderator on the site, and I cannot commit to undertaking all the extra work to ensure it survives, especially when there is so little commitment from so many others.

I met up with Toomb recently and asked him to make occasional reports again on matches that he attends but he hasn't so far so I guess he's not likely to in the near future.

The shortage of interest in the Premier League Predictions League despite Cedric's efforts was indicative of how hard it is to engender any enthusiasm on here, yet the Wolves Prediction League has 15 participants!!

We have had members leave and then say they sit on the sidelines watching but don't post. I fail to understand this notion, but their lack of involvement has contributed to this situation. Steway came on after a lengthy absence full of apologies, was welcomed back, then disappeared again!! Why bother??

I have been a member of this board for 8 years and have always enjoyed it, and have done my best to fulfill the role of Moderator, but I really can't do any more to try and keep it open, If there are any members of the board out there who would like to undertake the necessary contributions to enable the board to stay open, then it would be good to hear from them. Otherwise the death knoll is sounding. Frustratingly it's as if An Angry Wolf decided not to get involved this season, so everyone else lost interest!!

Right I will do now do the commentary - probably for the last time.

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 15:21
Sad but true. It looks like the death knell. Agonizingly as we seem to be in the early stages of a massive resurgence.
I confess that on occasions I personally have been a bit of a spectator on the Molineux Way. Originally this was because , living overseas, I only get back to the Midlands once or twice a year, and felt that watching on the TV or online was not equal to those fans who show up week after week in WV1, rain or shine.
I came to realise that many of us who no longer can get there regularly have a voice and that nobody back home minds our contribution. I will come here until it dies (and hold hands until the last breath).
'Bye folks, it has been a pleasure.
Up The Wolves.

Re: The Future Of The Molineux Way
Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 17:02
A great shame but the disparity between the views that posts get compared to the low contribution does suggest a high level of apathy. I wonder who will be the last to post?

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 18:07
I decided to stop posting at the end of last season due to numerous reasons but primarily because of points Pete alluded to a few weeks ago regarding lack of posters. We have people like Steway practically getting the site closed, then returning to a great fanfare telling us he intends to contribute in one of the most cringeworthy threads that has ever graced the site subsequently disappearing into the sunset not making another post. Then we have posters who complain about the off topic threads, but for many who have interests away from Wolves , keeping it wolves related you alienate a large percentage of debates ranging from politics to judicial systems etc. I appreciate some may get out of hand, but all we have now are threads of people talking to themselves with the generic we need to win rubbish

Ivy has been a great poster on here over the years, but couldn't understand his comments of " I decided to stop posting as there were threads not wolves related and I come here to get away from politics" etc....well why click on them then?

I personally feel I can't contribute to a wolves only site, I'm in Norfolk unable to get to matches and in all honesty have lost a great deal of interest in it all. As Cheshire mentioned, there are 15 participants in the prediction league , yet hardly any post so don't blame Badge for becoming disillusioned with it all. I've posted over 12,000 times on here, granted fewer on this profile since steway had me banned a couple of years back so have done my innings so to speak and if the board closes shortly wish you all well for the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/09/2017 18:09 by an angry wolf.

Ian.PershoreWolf (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 18:33
I started posting in 2004 using the name pershorewwfc before having to change to Ian.PershoreWolf.

Seen too many people over the years getting slagged off, including myself where I wrongly got accused of trying to get somebody banned. I got called a fkin rat for it by a few posters and several others jumped on the bandwagon and I got little back up from moderators (not sure of their names now) until lots of pestering from myself forced them into investigating and finding me innocent.Jan no longer posts after being accused of being my cheerleader during the problem. We never did find out who the perpetrator was or who it was getting banned. Irrelevant now anyway, but I stuck with the site regardless.
Jan and myself meanwhile have intervened a couple of times over the years attempting to clear other posters that have pm'd me who were being threatened of being banned for one reason or another.

Until this season I've been doing the match threads for at least the last eight years, of which the majority were highly pleasurable to do. Sadly despite the results this is no longer the case and I've felt no choice but quit doing it.

Tbh honest,the forum died years ago.Those who remember the heady days of the Bullocks Board will remember how difficult it could be trying to keep up with the volume of posts.
The fun and motivation has gone out of it for me now .

The highlight for me was the Paul Gascoigne thread made nine years ago,where myself and Jan entered in a conversation. We decided to meet up and have been in a relationship ever since. Who needs Facebook for dating ehh !!!

I won't be signing up to another forum if this one closes,so if this site does shut down may I take this opportunity to wish the good friends made on here a fond farewell.

30 September, 2017 18:59
Quote:
Ian.PershoreWolf
I.
Seen too many people over the years getting slagged off, including myself where I wrongly got accused of trying to get somebody banned. I got called a fkin rat for it by a few posters and several others jumped on the bandwagon and I got little back up from moderators (not sure of their names now) until lots of pestering from myself forced them into investigating and finding me innocent.

That's a fair point but the reality of life on a forum or anywhere is people will have arguments and can't understand why Jan won't post because of one issue years ago. I've been called every name under the sun on here over the years but forums represent real life where we can't be blowing love hearts at one another. On the match thread for eg you accused badge of having a go at you when to the best of my knowledge he never has. Some people are more sensitive than others and sometimes it's better to have a row , shake hands later and move on rather than never post again as Jan has decided to do. If I decided to boycott everything I found offensive I would never leave my house lol.

In any event I have normally got on with you both , so pleased the relationship is still going strong after 9 years thumbs down

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 08:54
Quote:
an angry wolf
I decided to stop posting at the end of last season due to numerous reasons but primarily because of points Pete alluded to a few weeks ago regarding lack of posters. We have people like Steway practically getting the site closed, then returning to a great fanfare telling us he intends to contribute in one of the most cringeworthy threads that has ever graced the site subsequently disappearing into the sunset not making another post. Then we have posters who complain about the off topic threads, but for many who have interests away from Wolves , keeping it wolves related you alienate a large percentage of debates ranging from politics to judicial systems etc. I appreciate some may get out of hand, but all we have now are threads of people talking to themselves with the generic we need to win rubbish
Ivy has been a great poster on here over the years, but couldn't understand his comments of " I decided to stop posting as there were threads not wolves related and I come here to get away from politics" etc....well why click on them then?

I personally feel I can't contribute to a wolves only site, I'm in Norfolk unable to get to matches and in all honesty have lost a great deal of interest in it all. As Cheshire mentioned, there are 15 participants in the prediction league , yet hardly any post so don't blame Badge for becoming disillusioned with it all. I've posted over 12,000 times on here, granted fewer on this profile since steway had me banned a couple of years back so have done my innings so to speak and if the board closes shortly wish you all well for the future.

Welcome back Angry, if only for a short while! I’m flattered and humbled you decided to quote me upon your return lol! To answer your question, I think the rest of the quote also mentioned I am a political being and after 12 years of contribution and enjoyment on this site I reserve the right to click on any thread, however my point was the site was becoming diluted of Wolves stuff (combined with my then exasperation with political commentary plus national atrocities). In no way am I adverse to off topic threads, the opposite in fact. No matter, I did take your advice in part - for a rest, I didn’t post for about 3 months. QED! Nevertheless, I also appreciate your kind words and if this is our last interaction then at the total risk of back slapping you have been a great poster too.

This has been a great site. A significant part of my life since I started reading in about 2003 and posting in 2005. It has been dwindling / listing for a while now, there’s been loads of debates as to why but I take my hat off to Cheshire and Badge for making a great effort over recent times. No reproach if ‘we’ fold, only respect. Loads to admire, posters and posts and moderators over the years, everybody has contributed to Molineux Ways existence and success.

I’ll continue to look and maybe the odd post until it the site goes down, if that’s what happens, so similar to Ian, all the best all connected (past and present) and here’s hoping for promotion this season!

Up the Wolves!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Image of my first Wolves Badge

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 09:16 by Ivybridge Wolf.

janets2803 (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 19:17
Quote:
an angry wolf

That's a fair point but the reality of life on a forum or anywhere is people will have arguments and can't understand why Jan won't post because of one issue years ago. I've been called every name under the sun on here over the years but forums represent real life where we can't be blowing love hearts at one another. On the match thread for eg you accused badge of having a go at you when to the best of my knowledge he never has. Some people are more sensitive than others and sometimes it's better to have a row , shake hands later and move on rather than never post again as Jan has decided to do. If I decided to boycott everything I found offensive I would never leave my house lol.

In any event I have normally got on with you both , so pleased the relationship is still going strong after 9 years thumbs down

Hi angry wolf (Sm150). Hope all is well with you. Just want to put my two pennies worth in! (Sm139)

I have enjoyed lively debates on the site - including with yourself (of course I was always right! (Sm12)....(Sm14)),

However, my reluctance to post following the above issue; was partly the result of a build up of problems on the site. While I do whole heartedly agree with you that "forums represent real life where we can't be blowing love hearts at one another"; I do feel a line has sometimes been crossed. As a result, I think this reason sadly lead to many posters leaving the site.

I also believe the loss of the Bullocks Board had quite an impact. Many posters enjoyed chatting about topics unrelated to football; therefore I could never understand why it was removed. It was a site where people could both laugh and cry on, discuss trivial or serious topics and even ask for advice (Sm147)

Anyway, I will be very sad if the site does close......end of an era some might say. I would not have met Ian (who is an absolute star (Sm13))if it had not been for the forum; or chatted with other brilliant posters.

Just want to thank everyone from both past and present; and I wish you all the very best for the future. Up the Wolves! Love Jan xxx

01 October, 2017 21:01
winking smiley TY Jan (Sm42)

Risca TM (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 21:19
I re-registered about a fortnight ago, mainly to respond to a kindly remark from Cheshire. It's still taken until this watershed moment for me to finally get around to it, but thanks anyway for the aside about the old posting days, Cheshire.

I quit because I couldn't stomach sharing this place anymore with an angry wolf. I felt it was like coming to a favourite watering hole that was being tainted with poison. When it went a step lower with personal name calling then I left the board for good.

Thank you to Badge, Tom Baston(?) and Cheshire for all the effort you've put in over the years.

Up the Wolves!

01 October, 2017 21:52
Good to hear from you again Risca.
It can't be easy down your neck of the woods with Cardiff at the top at the moment!!
I wish you well for the future.

02 October, 2017 00:22
Quote:
Risca TM
I re-registered about a fortnight ago, mainly to respond to a kindly remark from Cheshire. It's still taken until this watershed moment for me to finally get around to it, but thanks anyway for the aside about the old posting days, Cheshire.
I quit because I couldn't stomach sharing this place anymore with an angry wolf. I felt it was like coming to a favourite watering hole that was being tainted with poison. When it went a step lower with personal name calling then I left the board for good.

Thank you to Badge, Tom Baston(?) and Cheshire for all the effort you've put in over the years.

Up the Wolves!

Yet I haven't posted for months and you have still stayed away lol. The reason the board will close is precisely because of posters like you not contributing so no good playing victim now. TBF you contributed nothing even when you were registered in all fairness so no great loss. The match thread the other week had no posts on it at all during the game yet you apparently left because of me despite me not posting for 6 months and now appear minutes after I post... very strange.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 00:38 by an angry wolf.

02 October, 2017 00:33
You're a disingenuous cry baby Risca who preaches one thing but says another on this thread for eg which is the last one you posted on and attempts to portray himself as a victim rather than a lazy b.astard that can't be bothered posting anymore...dismissed

[www.thefootballnetwork.net]

irishwolf (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 04:11
Jesus Christ , this post is depressing!
Whats with all the sadness?
Its only a virtual website!

If people want to post then post, if not then dont! Simple!

Cheer up folks for gods sake!!!

Badge32 (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 16:09
I would carry on if posters come back, I would even re-introduce the bullocks (did try once to bring it back but got got alot of stick over it so removed it again). But I have said before enough is enough and planned to walk away only for promises it will get better only for people to come back for a post or two then go missing again.

02 October, 2017 20:14
Quote:
irishwolf
Jesus Christ , this post is depressing!
Whats with all the sadness?
Its only a virtual website!

If people want to post then post, if not then dont! Simple!

Cheer up folks for gods sake!!!

I think you're missing the point Irish, although I would agree it is depressing - in more ways than one!

It may only represent a virtual website, but without work in the background by the likes of Toomb or Badge32 the site would have closed long ago. It is a requirement by Sportnetwork that items of interest relating to the board are published on a regular basis, hence when this hasn't happened in the past the board has been temporarily closed.

Badge has been fulfilling this role for some time now, but the interest shown by others has been absolutely minimal, and the general level of interest in the site has been waning for some time, so, unsurprisingly in my view, Badge does not think it worth his while to continue putting the effort in, and feeling like he is wasting his time!!

So to answer your question - the sadness is borne of frustration!!

irishwolf (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 22:09
Im not missing the point at all Cheshire, i just think its an over-reaction.

Why dont we all try an give it one more go so.
Then if it doesn't improve.... well then there is no point in flogging a dead horse.

Im game if others are???

02 October, 2017 23:18
I couldn't agree more with that sentiment Irish!!

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net