football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Lambert to resign?
Arthur Tannen (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 12:36
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/11/exclusive-paul-lambert-could-quit-wolves-plan-forjorge-mendes/

I'm not sure Mendes would have total control but if his involvement forces Lambert to quit it can only be a good thing.

Re: Lambert to resign?
11 May, 2017 13:32
This fella lined up to replace him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose_Couceiro

A CV to rival Zenga lol.

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 14:46
Surely this new guy isn't a candidate AT ? If he's appointed I'd burst into laughter and be thankful I don't have a season ticket anymore..are fosun closet baggies as they are making Morgan look half decent the way they conduct their affairs.

Badge32 (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 16:14
I thought they said they had learned lessons from last summer. seems like it is rinse and repeat.

11 May, 2017 16:20
It's on the E&S now, he seems another odd choice, I know managers in Portugal usually go through a lot of clubs but another uninspiring list of clubs to compete with Zenga's. Surely with the money available we can get better than this? Perhaps another batch of Portuguese players are being lined up and they think any Portugal manager will do?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2017 16:20 by Arthur Tannen.

Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 16:53
Get ready for a summer of madness.

cedric harper (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 20:24
So we can forget any thoughts of promotion or play offs next season even before this seasons play offs begin.

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 20:52
Whatever your thoughts about Lambert, personally I'm in favour of him staying and giving him the reigns for 2017/18, this situation (as being reported) of an agent holding court / some kind of hold and unwarranted influence over Fosun is fundamentally wrong.

Looks like Jeff Shi, after his recent glowing words about PL, combined with his endorsement of KJ prior to his departure is showing a great deal of disloyalty - either that or some panel of Fosun 'experts' are pulling Jeff's strings back in China.

Ultimately time will reveal the validity of the journalistic coverage, however if true - what a fffing shambles at Wolves ...... AGAIN.

The Molineux Way 'Official' Prediction League Champion 2015/16
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee467/Ivybridgewolf/f1ab3dab-115f-42c9-a1f3-d0cbfa304c51.jpg

12 May, 2017 00:52
Any manager should have control over any incoming transfers and what we appear to be under fosun isn't a football club but merely a vehicle to advertise players and try to sell them on for a profit. I doubt Fosun will be throwing good money at a promotion push knowing it is likely to be a fruitless exercise but just keep the club in a state of stagnation avoiding relegation spending as little as possible on mendes players and selling on .. some of the managers we are being linked with illustrates they just want a sock puppet to do their bidding rather than any real football desire to achieve promotion. I predict another season and beyond of rubbish being brought in with the odd gem being sold on to bigger and better things with Fosun looking to pocket their cut.

12 May, 2017 11:45
It beats the last few Morgan years though, we have the money to be Champions now or we could just as easily finish 15 again, who knows which way it'll go, flip of the coin.

According to the Mirror we aren't interested in the Portuguese manager, that would be a relief. Karanka would be a good appointment, Mendes is his agent, he's won promotion from the Championship and I reckon he'd come. Ticks near enough every box.

Lupine (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 12:41
You have got to wonder if this is true, what level of hold Mendes has over Fosun, has Mendes got some kind of investment/interest that lets him have sway over the Wolves board via Fosun. if so and its not made transparent, it begs the question are Fosun a fit and proper organisation to be allowed to own a football club.

From a personal point of view i find this so depressing - I for one would be prepared to give PL a chance (not that it up to me) to improve the squad and take them through next season. I think he is an able manager if not a spectacular one, but he will only show it, if he is backed by the board and can build a team in his own vision. Any manager will be hamstrung being provided with random player at the whim of an agent, especially if the quality of the players is not that high as most was the case with most of the buys last summer.

lets hope the E&S just had a slow news day and needed something to print!

BULL SHAT MOXI (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 15:18
Last December I predicted we would be relegated I was wrong god Knows how after seeing all home games this season, I then predicted Lambert would be sacked by this coming Christmas, I hope to be wrong on this and Lambert proves me wrong by bringing in HIS own team and being a success

No way can this story be true it would be utter madness to give Mendes control no manager can work under that We would be back to the start of last season and would mean our owners have no idea what so ever.

[IMG]http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj547/dwmat/tombs[URL=http://s1267.photobucket.com/user/dwmat/media/IMG_2545_zpsxq4ob6ck.jpg.html]http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj547/dwmat/IMG_2545_zpsxq4ob6ck.jpgtone1_zpsb3e8e898.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

12 May, 2017 15:30
I'd like Lambert to leave but I've always argued for any manager to have complete control over transfers and anything else isn't a football club but more akin to a club being used purely as a vehicle to showcase agents players... that said anything bar liquidation is better than Morgan.

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 17:25
Enough already!

Does anyone trust a word the new owners say FFS? Sacking PL at this stage is crazy. The decisions he has made are often screwy (and his comments sometimes seem incoherent). Nevertheless changing coaches now is folly beyond belief. He has not had a chance.

And of course Jeff Shi is looking VERY untrustworthy if this story is correct.

Badge32 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 22:56
I have a feeling this will be sorted in the next 48 hours, seems to have gathered a lot of pace and they need to sort it out soon as the players need to know where they stand.

Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 12:47
I don't want to see Lambert leave. In my view there has been enough change within the club at this level over the past twelve months already, to say nothing of over the past 5 years!!
I don't think he has ever shied away from facing up to how shambolic some of our games have been, or accepting praise when we have won big games, and whilst Karanka may have the experience of taking a team up from the Championship so has Lambert, and of keeping them there.

He is criticised on another post for the changes he makes to the team, but he joined the club a third of the way into the season. I think he has done his best to give every player a chance to prove their worth to him in games during his time here, in order to be able to make an assessment of who is worth keeping and who should leave now that the season has finished. A new manager coming in now will not have that information available to them. In my view he played teams that none of us would have forecast for the big games of the season in the FA Cup and won with them. I would never have forecast that he would bring Stearman in for Batth, and put Saville & Evans in midfield away to Liverpool, but he did and it worked.

If this is a situation where the club are handing responsibility for choosing the squad to an agent then I think they are wrong, and I would struggle to imagine which coaches would be happy with that sort of set-up, and it must surely ask what the role of Thelwell amounts - although I appreciate many already ask that!

As has already been said he has brought in two players during the season and they have had a major impact, plus, Coady was subject to all sorts of criticism as a midfielder, but PL played him at Right Back and he was a contender for Player of the Season!

All in all I would like to see him sort out the squad in the close season, have pre-season with the squad and show us what he can do next season. Jeff Shi said they made a mistake with Zenga but they have the right man in PL - I expect him to stick to that.

13 May, 2017 13:31
Cheshire you mention you would like lambert to have a pre season... to what end exactly? Are you implying a few meaningless friendlies will allow lambert to assess players better than competitive games? lambert has had over 6 months so this vision of him still assessing players is absurd, most managers take a few weeks to gauage player ability not over half a year. If lambert appointed in November is unable to ascertain his best eleven the following May he has no place in management. Surely we have done the liverpool " glory ""to death btw we played an under 12 team which were taken to a replay by plymouth argyle... if you think this is a fair gauge to use for managerial ability thank god you arent in management cheshire

Badge32 (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 15:13
I believe cheshire is saying bringing a new man in now who has not had a chance to assess the players is a bad idea. PL knows who he wants to keep and who he wants to let go. He also has a list of who he wants to bring in and he should be given a shot at doing that.

13 May, 2017 15:45
Quote:
Badge32
I believe cheshire is saying bringing a new man in now who has not had a chance to assess the players is a bad idea. PL knows who he wants to keep and who he wants to let go. He also has a list of who he wants to bring in and he should be given a shot at doing that.

Why should he be given a shot at doing that when he has proven over 6 months he doesn't know either his best eleven or show any of the requisite tools necessary to get promotion. If we have the ambitions of Burton Albion avoiding relegation then absolutely keep him on

13 May, 2017 15:51
I don't believe it takes all this time to assess players, where is the evidence results have picked up during Lamberts tenure? If we had an average striker and could get better how many people would suggest we keep the average striker to give him a full season when on paper we can afford an upgrade... not many I'd imagine. Lambert is an employee of wolves similar to a player so what's the difference? The reason wolves have stagnated in mediocrity at best over recent years is this misplaced concept of loyalty- Lambert doesn't deserve anything, the mans a millionaire employee similar to a player.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net