football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Re: Match Thread V Leeds United (A, 17/04/17)
Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 16:28
Saville (on yellow card) replaced by Evans, Dicko replaced by Dadi

17 April, 2017 16:33
Lonergan makes a super save off the line.

17 April, 2017 16:35
Clash of heads in the corner kick. Stearman hurt & has to go off after treatment. Still groggy, Hause & Iorfa warming up

17 April, 2017 16:40
Leeds still putting a lot of pressure on, but Wolves defence well organised and standing firm.

17 April, 2017 16:46
Hause coming on, but not for Stearman as expected, Marshall taken off

17 April, 2017 16:51
Not really paying off having the extra defender as it's inviting Leeds on to us. Good goal line clearance by Hause. 30 seconds normal time to go, but 5 minutes added time

17 April, 2017 16:55
Pontus Jannson gets into the refs face, then kicks the ball away, but still doesn't get booked!!! Think the refs have been talking?? 1 minute to play Leeds 0 Wolves 1

17 April, 2017 16:57
That's it Wolves win. A great win especially considering the changes made to the team, but for me a win at Elland Road is always to be celebrated. Means we are safe from relegation now.

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 16:58
Now that its confirmed we wont be in league 1 , hopefully Lambert can fck off and take the rest of this useless squad with him. With this victory we move up to ...16th

Billericay Wolf (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 16:59
FT Leeds 0 Wolves1 Surely we're safe now!

17 April, 2017 16:59
For me the hope now is that we can get further up the table and finish above Villa, as we're already above Brum.

Really disappointing to feel that I'm largely typing to myself on here!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2017 16:59 by Cheshire wolf.

Billericay Wolf (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 17:03
Thanks for the input Cheshire. Believe me, it is appreciated.

irishwolf (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 18:08
Quote:
Billericay Wolf
Thanks for the input Cheshire. Believe me, it is appreciated.

I second that, fair play to all the guys who post game commentary on here.

How can Wolves be so inconsistent, i get the fact that its a very unpredictable League but our form this year has been bonkers, Leeds muct have been very poor today, one of the most disappointing seasons ever.

I have no faith at all in Lambert.

Badge32 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 19:36
Sorry I am at work so could not join in. Great result, now let's go and climb above the villa.

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 21:18
Just home - knew we'd won but great result.

We really are the masters of inconsistency.

The Molineux Way 'Official' Prediction League Champion 2015/16
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee467/Ivybridgewolf/f1ab3dab-115f-42c9-a1f3-d0cbfa304c51.jpg

17 April, 2017 23:25
Quote:
irishwolf Leeds must have been very poor today.[/quote

I don't think so Irish. Our lads really took the game to Leeds in the first half, and with a bit more luck and accuracy could have been 3 - 0 up at half time. Leeds resorted to some crude challenges, and could have seen a red card for at least one of them.

They didn't have a shot on target until 17 minutes from the end of time, and I believe Williamson and Stearman performed particularly well considering how many times they have played this season.

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 00:28
Did you watch the match on a live stream Cheshire?

irishwolf (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 16:30
Quote:
Cheshire wolf
Quote:
irishwolf Leeds must have been very poor today.[/quote

I don't think so Irish. Our lads really took the game to Leeds in the first half, and with a bit more luck and accuracy could have been 3 - 0 up at half time. Leeds resorted to some crude challenges, and could have seen a red card for at least one of them.

They didn't have a shot on target until 17 minutes from the end of time, and I believe Williamson and Stearman performed particularly well considering how many times they have played this season.

Well the fact that Leeds didnt have a shot on target at home until 17 mins from time would suggest to me that Leeds didnt play well, was it a case that we were very good , Leeds were very bad or a bit of both? Also, if we were very good, then why cant the players put in this performance every week instead of getting hammered by Bristol City etc

18 April, 2017 16:50
Quote:
an angry wolf
Did you watch the match on a live stream Cheshire?

No Angry I couldn't find a stream so I listened - as usual - to the Wolves Player commentary.

Irish quote:

Well the fact that Leeds didnt have a shot on target at home until 17 mins from time would suggest to me that Leeds didnt play well, was it a case that we were very good , Leeds were very bad or a bit of both? Also, if we were very good, then why cant the players put in this performance every week instead of getting hammered by Bristol City etc

To answer you Irish I've just watched extended highlights on Player, and we scored with our third shot on target. We put in a good attacking performance in the first half and really took the game to Leeds, when they resorted to crude tackles. In the second half we defended really well and restricted them to two attempts on target.
Personally I think the Bristol City result was on the cards in retrospect after our run of 6 games without defeat, and City were - and still are - battling for their lives below us.
I'm prepared to give Lambert credit for getting us away from danger and creating a squad who are prepared to step up when called upon.

irishwolf (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 17:02
Fair point Cheshire, but Wolves should never have found themselves in a relegation battle in the first place.I think the Brentford game actually saved our seasons when we came from 1-0 down with 4 mins to go.
Lamberts team selections have smacked of drawing names out of a hat, and i believe that this squad has under achieved this season.
Next season will tell us how good Lambert is.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net