football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Who's going down
chicagowolf (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 22:20
This board is so much more fun when disaster and catastrophe are all around us. Three wins in a row and it has gone REALLY quiet.
So we are not out of the water yet but there are other nervous faces appearing. My old pal Mad Mick has stated that "Ipswich are in a relegation scrap". You bet they are, and probably six other teams. So in addition to the doomed and nearly-dead Rotheram and Wigan, who is going to get that lucky third spot?

The three teams on 45 (Us, Ipswich and Birmingham) don't have to do much to survive, although as we just saw, you can easily go on a bad run.

So my view is that it will probably be Forest or Blackburn, since Burton and Bristol are at least putting up a fight, with Blackburn having all those damaging draws.

Re: Who's going down
Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 00:04
If we accept the Millers and Latics are down ..... then it's a difficult to choose from the rest. A case can be made for all on 45 and below to drop, including us. I don't think we'll go down and I've felt that all along except for the period following the Rotherham win. Doesn't mean I'm happy with our lot though. We're still in it coz we've got the likes of Forest, Blackburn and Brizzle still to play.

As for the rest, the direction of travel is important meaning Forest, Blues and being dragged into matters due to the recent form of us, Blackburn, Bristol City, and Burton who have been picking up regular points. I think Blues should be very worried. The only team they've beat in an age is us!

I think Blackburn will escape as Mowbray seems to have got them sorted thus far. I'd love to see the Blues depart, mainly due to their ridiculous treatment of Rowett, however I have a feeling it'll be Bristol City to Burton. I'll go for Burton - it's too early to draw conclusions but I wonder how their capitulation versus Brentford must have been a massive blow.

For all teams however the international break will give time to regroup and time to alter form. For us, this could be disadvantageous.

For us, if we beat Forest and Bristol City in the space of 4 days (big if) I think we'll be safe.

The Molineux Way 'Official' Prediction League Champion 2015/16
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee467/Ivybridgewolf/f1ab3dab-115f-42c9-a1f3-d0cbfa304c51.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net