football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Remaining fixtures and predictions - scary stuff
Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 19:21
Yesterday sounded utterly dreadful. Has everybody had chance to see the Rotherham miss? Is that a good omen? Who knows.

Well, whatever, looking at the remaining 11 fixtures, at present it doh 'arf look dicey as to where out required points are coming from. Big matches versus Forest, Brizzle, and Blackburn and then the likes of Brighton, Huddersfield and Leeds - and then the rest of them. Anyway I've had a guess - first time I've done this, this season.
My predictions
Brentford v Wolverhampton Wanderers Tue 14 Mar Draw
Fulham v Wolverhampton Wanderers Sat 18 Mar Loss
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Cardiff City Sat 1 Apr Draw
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Nottingham Forest Tue 4 Apr. Win
Bristol City v Wolverhampton Wanderers Sat 8 Apr Draw
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Brighton & Hove Albion Fri 14 Apr. Loss
Leeds United v Wolverhampton Wanderers Mon 17 Apr Loss
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Blackburn Rovers Sat 22 Apr. Draw
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Huddersfield Town Tue 25 Apr. Draw
Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers Sat 29 Apr Draw
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Preston North End Sun 7 May. Win

That would give us another 12 points and a total of 51. Of course all predictions are arguable and I suspect I might be being a little optimistic, however if needing a win to stay up versus Preston at a nervy Molineux, then I would have serious doubts.

Goals being the aim of the game (we don't possess them), combined with the defensive approach (at home v no hopers!!!) yesterday has placed grave doubts in my mind.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Image of my first Wolves Badge

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2017 19:41 by Ivybridge Wolf.

Re: Remaining fixtures and predictions - scary stuff
an angry wolf (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 19:51
You think with our current form we will lose just 3 of the remaining 11 games Ivy? No wonder you're doing so poorly in the prediction league lol

12 March, 2017 20:04
(Sm10) Don't forget, I won last year and I'm doing better than Leicester this year, Os it ay all bad?!

As said, I'm probably being optimistic, and it's all up for argument, though looking at it the other way, I've only got us down for another 2 wins, so that counters any overly feel good factor that I sometimes get when looking at Wolves' fixtures. The number of draws I've put down is of significance - my only thought here is that if Lambert finds the right dour, negative tactics, he could find the right formula to bore us all to death and successfully retain championship status. I don't think that is beyond the realms of possibility. On paper, though, losing just 3 meks me look like I've been on the pop - but that was last night!

It's on a bloody knife edge and I'd be a fool to say I'm feeling confident. OK, it's been bad for a good while now, but maybe some optimism to be taken from Reading and Ipswich (in terms of perfomances - we were unlucky v Reading) but yesterday ...... my god, what an eye opener.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

cedric harper (IP Logged)
12 March, 2017 23:25
It is impossible to predict right now, but yesterday's team formation with a lone striker against a team with a 0-1-17 away record must have everyone worried. Back to back games against Forest and Bristol is a very sobering prospect and will go a very long way to determining our fate.
Surely we cannot continue playing as badly as we have been, however it is our lack of goals which is now a very serious problem. Lambert needs to take a more positive approach now or I think that your assessment Ivybridge that we will need a win against Preston to survive is perfectly reasonable.

Badge32 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2017 11:07
Brentford v Wolverhampton Wanderers Tue 14 Mar Loss
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Cardiff City Sat 1 Apr Loss
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Nottingham Forest Tue 4 Apr. Draw
Bristol City v Wolverhampton Wanderers Sat 8 Apr Win
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Brighton & Hove Albion Fri 14 Apr. Loss
Leeds United v Wolverhampton Wanderers Mon 17 Apr Loss
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Blackburn Rovers Sat 22 Apr. Win
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Huddersfield Town Tue 25 Apr. Loss
Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers Sat 29 Apr Loss
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Preston North End Sun 7 May. Win

Thats what I think on recent results, Hope I am wrong and we get more starting with Brentford on Tuesday.

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
13 March, 2017 11:18
51 points got us relegated last time AND looks difficult. That's what losing six on the bounce gets you.
To state the obvious you get more points for winning than drawing so it probably makes sense to keep the dour defensive stuff for the six pointers against our relegation rivals. Exciting, in all the wrong ways

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2017 16:26 by chicagowolf.

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
13 March, 2017 15:28
My predictions
Brentford v Wolverhampton Wanderers Tue 14 Mar Win
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Cardiff City Sat 1 Apr Draw
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Forest Tue 4 Apr. Draw
Bristol City v Wolverhampton Wanderers Sat 8 Apr Win
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Brighton Fri 14 Apr. Loss
Leeds United v Wolverhampton Wanderers Mon 17 Apr Draw
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Blackburn Sat 22 Apr. Draw
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Huddersfield Tue 25 Apr. Loss
Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers Sat 29 Apr Draw
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Preston NE Sun 7 May. Win

= 53 points = Safety

Posted from the desk of the OFFICIAL HOLDER - WORST PREMIER LEAGUE PREDICTIONS 2016.

13 March, 2017 19:39
Looks like a strong bid for the worst championship predictions as well Chicago. It's a shambolic state of affairs when we spend over 20 million and will be happy if we don't get relegated.

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
14 March, 2017 21:44
Quote:
cedric harper
Looks like a strong bid for the worst championship predictions as well Chicago. It's a shambolic state of affairs when we spend over 20 million and will be happy if we don't get relegated.

Hey CH;
Got the first one!!!! Seven points from three games; nail-biting stuff

14 March, 2017 21:49
Well done Chicago!

For me, it's even better, according to my predictions, Wolves are 2 points ahead of schedule!

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
14 March, 2017 21:55
Quote:
Ivybridge Wolf
Well done Chicago!
For me, it's even better, according to my predictions, Wolves are 2 points ahead of schedule!

Hope we are both wrong Saturday though

Badge32 (IP Logged)
15 March, 2017 08:14
So pleased I was wrong. Maybe that is the key, I predicted a loss and I moaned about PL's team selection. Now lets do the same for saturday.

15 March, 2017 11:21
YEAH WELL DONE CHICAGO,

Hope you are right and we avoid relegation, that would be a complete disaster.

18 March, 2017 17:03
5 points up on my predictions!

Very good news - still a lot of work to be done but results were generally kind overall this weekend.

18 March, 2017 17:16
Things looking up Ivybridge, you going to Bristol in a few weeks.

18 March, 2017 17:22
I am in two minds Cedric.

I genuinely want to go, however it clashes with the Grand National, traditionally the only day that potentially trumps football.

However - it'll be a tense match - my leaning is towards going, however as a non-STH or member etc, I'd need to wait for tickets to go on general sale and it might be a bit tight (only 1,900 available acording to the offical website).

You going?

18 March, 2017 17:30
My son has a rugby play off final scheduled for that day after winning semi final today. So will be watching online updates. Only 1,900 tickets, they will be gone fairly quick.

01 April, 2017 17:00
Wolves now 7 points ahead of my useless predictions!

Badge32 (IP Logged)
01 April, 2017 17:35
So far they have gone against me. Hope the next two do not.

05 April, 2017 22:01
We'me safe now!

UTW!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net