football
Latest News:
New Page 1

A call to arms
an angry wolf (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 09:51
There's a thread on the mix talking about the players " needing the fans" to beat sh1tty Rotheram that have managed 1 away point out of 54. What our players need is to get down the jobcentre and find alternative employment instead of masquerading as professional footballers. These fcking bums deserve no support and neither does our useless Rab C Nesbit manager.There are people working 50 hour plus weeks in factories and these gormless tosspots struggle to kick a ball in a straight line.. as though anyone would don war paint giving up their afternoon to salivate over beating the mighty Rotheram who haven't won an away game all season. It's a pathetic state of affairs, I'd encourage anyone to find something better to do and hope the empty stands are reflective of the cringeworthy shambles we are these days. If players need fans to beat Rotheram then please fck off and ply your wretched trade somewhere else... maybe follow Lambert up to the thistle [www.molineuxmix.co.uk]

Re: A call to arms
cedric harper (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 10:12
Come clean Angry are you Bullywolf on there. He is nearly more dismissive than you of our so called players, I said nearly.
Anyway I reckon Rotherham to score in the first Fifteen minutes is a banker bet. We will huff and puff and get a very honourable 2-2 draw.

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 14:01
Understand your sentiment Angry, just disagree with the means.

Whatever the diabolical nature of our state and team at present, if ever there was a match where the crowd need to get behind them from the off, it's today. I wouldn't describe it as a call to arms, more of true and genuine support on the day. A fantastic Molineux can be a tough place to visit.

In reality, I am worried today may be a Huddersfield Town mark 2 (i.e. when O'Hara got sent off and we lost 1-3). The crowd were up for it, the team played really well for 25 minutes, O'Hara lost his head and the rest is relegation history.

Naturally the team need to respond in kind but also have a responsibility to set the pace for the crowd too. I am concerned we'll be timid on the pitch rather than what is needed i.e start the way we did v Chelsea. Even at 75% of that pace, we'd push Rotherham aside, however the longer it remains 0-0 the more wobbly the nerves will become on and off the pitch.

It's not a must win today - but it's as near as dammit for me.

C'mon Wolves!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Image of my first Wolves Badge

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 14:28
Quote:
an angry wolf
There's a thread on the mix talking about the players " needing the fans" to beat sh1tty Rotheram that have managed 1 away point out of 54. What our players need is to get down the jobcentre and find alternative employment instead of masquerading as professional footballers. These fcking bums deserve no support and neither does our useless Rab C Nesbit manager.There are people working 50 hour plus weeks in factories and these gormless tosspots struggle to kick a ball in a straight line.. as though anyone would don war paint giving up their afternoon to salivate over beating the mighty Rotheram who haven't won an away game all season. It's a pathetic state of affairs, I'd encourage anyone to find something better to do and hope the empty stands are reflective of the cringeworthy shambles we are these days. If players need fans to beat Rotheram then please fck off and ply your wretched trade somewhere else... maybe follow Lambert up to the thistle [www.molineuxmix.co.uk]

Are you quite OK Angry? Your health is going to suffer if you take this stuff too seriously.
Anyway this game has ominous overtones of when Grimsby were dead last and came and clobbered us three-nil.
Lambert' s comment "if we get out of this" was the first hint that he is mentally quitting. The Kremlin has more truthful interviews but what do you expect supporting one of Britain's richest clubs?

irishwolf (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 15:00
I agree with Angry on this.
These players have no problem performing when the spotlight is on them v Chelsea and v Liverpool. Then they put in half arsxxd performances against Birmingham etc.
They are a disgrace to the club.

I do expect us to win today but only because of the standard of opposition.
Lambert has been so disappointing!
If we do not win today I hope the fans turn on the players.

I believing in supporting the team 100% but only when the players reciprocate by putting in a performance. A lot of Players nowadays cannot be bothered to roll up their sleeves.
I cant even watch Wolves anymore.

irishwolf (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 15:02
Ivybridge, this IS a must win game IMO.

11 March, 2017 15:19
Irish- my statement is more mathematical. The psychology of losing today would be dire

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

irishwolf (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 15:31
Fair point Ivy

Badge32 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 21:03
There was boos just before the goal as the board for added time went up and then again at full time. Even the chant 'We're F**kin board' was out in the second half. Plenty of empty spaces around the ground and when you saw what was on offer you can see why. I dread to think what the crowd would have been had the 4 for £40 offer had not been on.

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
11 March, 2017 23:08
When we went down in 2013 under Deano we won five out of our last eleven games. If we do that this time we should live to fight another day.
But after today's cr4p not sure how

12 March, 2017 19:28
Well, the team, performance and attitude certainly set the tone yesterday. Awful.

From all I've seen and read it seems the general view of those who went was the paradoxical weird experience of seeing a win (plus relief) and yet feeling utterly depressed at what they actually saw on the pitch?!

Opliss.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net