football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Barcelona
an angry wolf (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 10:38
I'm still recovering from last night, PSG won the first leg 4-0 and travelled to Spain knowing even a 5-1 defeat would take them through on away goals. Barcelona scored early and made it 2-0 by half time adding a third early in the second half..at this stage it looked set up for Barcelona to grab 2 more to go through but then Cavani got an away goal for PSG making it 3-1. Barcelona now needed 3 more goals. No sign of them, the game reaches 88 minutes so they have to score 3 times to qualify in 2 minutes plus injury time and they did! I remember the 2 goals United got against Munich in 1999 during stoppage time but can't ever recall seeing a team score 3 so late on in a game like that. We see psychology in football prevalent again in the sport, the same team loses 4-0 in Paris and wins 6-1 in the Nou camp..what else is responsible other than mindset of players?

Re: Barcelona
cedric harper (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 14:08
Only saw the first 65 minutes Angry, but the clown who scored the own goal had not got the first clue about how to defend. Would I be right in thinking the moronic coach had rested a few players because PSG had little to offer except for Cavani.

chicagowolf (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 15:11
Difficult to avoid cracks about the French, who were also responsible for golf's biggest ever meltdown.

[www.youtube.com]

You have to laugh. And it it gets us temporarily away from our own brand of despair

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 16:13
Quote:
cedric harper
Only saw the first 65 minutes Angry, but the clown who scored the own goal had not got the first clue about how to defend. Would I be right in thinking the moronic coach had rested a few players because PSG had little to offer except for Cavani.

Both teams at full strength unless mistaken, Barcelona hit 700-1 to qualify in running odds

irishwolf (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 19:59
It was unreal angry, although once they got the 5th goal I always felt they would create one more chance. I dont feel sorry for PSG, they had no interest in trying to kill the game off, just content to get 11 men behind the ball. If they had of went out with the mindset of giving it a go, they may have got a draw of even a defeat like 4-2. If you take the Arsenal v B Munich game, which was a similar type scenario, while Munich were content to adopt a cautious approach in the first half, they had no problem in throwing men forward when in possession.
When you give up 71% possession to Neymar, Messi and Suarez, you are inviting trouble.
Yes the problem was all about the mindset of the players, and also the mindset of the Manager! Tough cheese!
BTW, The Champions League is the only competition that I now go out of my way to watch, fantastic football.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net