football
Latest News:
New Page 1

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
in peace
22 March, 2012 16:37
Has anybody seen this garbage reporting ?
The fact Conner maybe of the old regime, or simply not up to the job has nothing to do with it apparently.

Please read this rubbish.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h140/baggiefan2004/wbalogo.jpg

The Lords My Shepherd.
The future is bright. The future is Stripes.

www.wbabaggies.co.uk

Re: in peace
Whitmore Wolf (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 17:34
Here we go!!!! how long before the racecard was going. 2 b drawn

Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 18:48
What a pile of bollox! It is an insult to Connor as much as it is to journalism.

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee467/Ivybridgewolf/wolverhampton_wanderers-1-1.jpg

an angry wolf (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 19:00
it was probably written by north banks roof

Sky sports news is now searching for reaction from fans as the building plan enters its final stages

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/540/LSfDGc.png

Risca TM (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 19:04
Very crass piece of journalism. I would love TC to be the first successful black manager in the prem and I would be proud that Wolves were the groundbreaking club that made it happen.

It's arrant nonsense to spout that the fans are more critical or less impatient because of the colour of TCs skin. The issue is that we have spiralled downwards dramatically because of the inadequate quality / ability of the previous manager and his coaching staff, TC included, to make the transition to the higher level of performance required to be a part of the prem - not just being the cannon fodder always destined to scrap for survival.

On top there's the bungling leadership of the Board when they had a chance to change things around but dawdled then screwed up with the most inept recruitment process I have ever had the pleasure to witness at a football club with ambitions.

What's left behind is a novice manager and the limitations of the players at the club's disposal.

Wolves have probably thrown away their chance to belong in the prem by not balancing their off-the-field business management with on-the-field performances.

If TC is the man for the job then let him get on with it, but we must accept another spell rebuilding in the lower divisions while he earns his stripes because he is not a miracle worker, just the last man still standing at the bus stop at 11:59 pm when the club desperately needed someone.

wolverina (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 19:55
How dare he suggest we don't like TC as manager because he's black. Has he not seen our multi-coloured supporters? I'm offended he thinks I'm a racist. He's a@#$%&journalist who wouldn't get a job on a proper paper.

He's just reminded me why I don't read this rag that thinks it's a newspaper. Wouldn't wrap my chips in it (have refrained from the obvious action I wouldn't take with his rubbishy tabloid!)

He should be ashamed of himself - hope he gets the boot!

janets2803 (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 20:33
Hiya Tony! How are you? (Sm150)

Must say, I had to read this report several times to digest it!

The feeling I get is that alot of fans are quite sympathetic towards Connor - a fall guy really it seems (Sm16)

22 March, 2012 20:53
Quote:
an angry wolf
come on angry you can't accuse people like that you disgusting human being

22 March, 2012 21:02
Quote:
Whitmore Wolf
Quote:
an angry wolf
I was going to mention Black burn more but the name may insinuate Im a ku klux klan member so will call them BB from now on

Sky sports news is now searching for reaction from fans as the building plan enters its final stages

22 March, 2012 21:32
Quote:
an angry wolf
Quote:
Whitmore Wolf
Quote:
an angry wolf
I was going to mention Black burn more but the name may insinuate Im a ku klux klan member so will call them BB from now on
lol don't start him off again

halesowen wolf (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 23:00
This guy is a Joke & shouldnt be a Journalist

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h190/Dazzab73/801442ff-f5ee-4126-a5e5-1a7c5200d195_zps8173e75d.jpg

22 March, 2012 23:53
I think you guys are understandably misreading this becos the headline bears no relation to the article- i dont think he is pointing the finger at wolves fans at all - his criticism is directed at the football world as a whole who have decided that TC as a black man isnt up to managing wolves in the prem.

Terry is on a hiding to nothing and has been dealt an almost impossible spec - he didnt want the job and dealing with the media is bloody tough even for the most experienced manager.Imo whatever happens at the end of the season he can hold his head up high.

We all know racism is still strong -here its no longer
acceptable on the pitch or on the terraces(unlike many parts of the world the latest example is bananasbeing thrown at samba at his new club in russia.) . But it used to be a commonplace that blackplayers didnt have the heart for it, didnt like the cold, couldnt make or take a tackle. Noone believesthat bollocks any more.

Its just more subtle now and i think we are kidding ourselves if we think any differnt.Todays racists have been forced to change their argument - its no longer about players now its black ex players cant manage - i mean just look at the wolves.

Stourport Wolf (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 07:22
Fair play to albion fans who have posted comments on the Mirror site against that article .... every single one has backed us againts this sensationalist bile. This reporter should be sacked.

irishwolf (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 07:55
This journalist is a freak.

halesowen wolf (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:40
This is a Good Read & Slates Him

[theyorker.co.uk]

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h190/Dazzab73/801442ff-f5ee-4126-a5e5-1a7c5200d195_zps8173e75d.jpg

LordThor (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 15:05
I really wish gutter press like holts boss would read this drivel and sack him for being a lazy sod.
This is clearly him trying to jump on a politically correct pilgrimage to the holy grail of publicity...
The problem this ar5e holt has, is the article is so wide of the mark its laughable,
Everyone connected to football is clear as to why the wolves fans and other pundits have called to replace connor, its because hes been given a mountain to climb up, and has not had any previous experience at managing a club with far less problems and indeed less punishing opposition and to add to that he is already at the club, and the team badly needed a fresh face and fresh ideas.
The task is absolutly huge an experienced manager would find it a bit daunting, ill add no blames connor for accepting the role.

This amateur holt needs to go back to hugging trees, or cuddling babies, or rescuing cats from up trees, anything just stay away from grown up topics that require some small understanding.

Message to holt, your boring, inaccurate, poorly written article should get you the sack, so the next time you feel like trying to look whiter than white, dont..(pun intended)

EDIT- iv posted on the same site under Mark Lawrensons post were he states he thinks connors post was a mistake..that oliver holt has effectively called him a racist for his views on the matter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2012 15:21 by LordThor.

wolverina (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 15:31
award-winning Chief Sports Writer at The Daily Mirror

Says it all really - he wouldn't get a job at a decent paper. "Award winning"? - what was it Ar**hole of the Year?

Risca TM (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 18:29
theyorker article is very good - good post hales.

Boston Wolf (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 22:02
Quote:
an angry wolf
Quote:
Whitmore Wolf
Quote:
an angry wolf

By your logic I suppose I shouldn't mention sCUNThorpe in your presents either Angry Wolf because it may insinuate your one, oh! wait a minute, I do think you are one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2012 22:41 by Boston Wolf.

23 March, 2012 22:37
Quote:
Boston Wolf
Quote:
an angry wolf
Quote:
Whitmore Wolf
Quote:
an angry wolf

By your logic I suppose I shouldn't mention sCUNThorpe in your presents either Angry Wolf because it may insinuate your one, oh! wait a minute, I do think you are one.
...you dont post for weeks having been humiliated over your retarded "moyes is shite " thread and the scun.t "wit" is your big comeback...how long did it take to think of that little gem? christ you`re a lame c.unt (Sm6)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net