Latest News:
New Page 1
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Next Seasons Line Up in NPower League
Posted by: Mr Jingles (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2012 12:54

Obviously we are getting relegated and several will jump ship.

I doubt there will be any significant incoming signings as the fat pr ick will come out saying we believe we have a good enough team to compete next season and money coming in from sales will have to be offset against losses from relegation from the Prem and low ticket sales. Translated, him and the other clown still want to siphon money from the club and fill their pockets.

The obvious 3 who will leave are Hennessey, Jarvis and Fletcher, we have to be realistic now and I would say Hennessey would fetch £6m, Jarvis £7m and Fletcher £8m, all with add ons. Whilst Jarvo is a great player, he can be inconsistent at Prem level. Fletch is a goalscorer and will fit into someone like Stoke or even Norwich who are looking to replace 31 year old Holt. Someone mentioned Liverpool and Spurs looking at him but with all due respect, I think they might just be looking slightly higher as they chase Champions League football.

We then have another group who, whilst have shown they can play in the Prem, havent shown anything much this season to have people wanting to sign them. If anything, I would say the 3 promoted clubs would be looking at them with the 2 clubs who stay up from our mini league. They are...

Doyle - £4m
O'Hara - £3m
Johnson - £3m
Milijas - £2m
Zubar - £2m
Hunt - £1.5m

Which would leave us with the following line up...

Ikeme/De Vries

Foley Berra Stearman Ward

Kightly Henry Davis/Guedioura Hammill

Ebanks Blake Vokes

8 players still in the squad then 4 seasons after starting the last time in the Championship from 2008/2009 and looks a decent bet to challenge for play offs.

Re: Next Seasons Line Up in NPower League
Posted by: Fat bloke behind you (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2012 13:12

Yeah looks about right - tho i am not nearly as pessimistic as you on spending - mr morgan will be desperate to get back as he cant do his bob the builder routine in the championship so a new manager would bring in his choice of players using some of the parachute money and receipts from the better players.So i reckon , with the right manager -ok thats tricky , we should be more than competitive.

Posted by: dewey wolves (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2012 19:39

Stephen Ward will be sold as soon as Mick McCarthy gets another job in football i would put every penny i have that Ward will be his first signing at his new club, i also think he will try and sign Henry and keough IF he manages to land a job at championship level !

Posted by: WolfyWolfWolf (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2012 21:03

dewey, keoghs a millwall player

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/03/2012 21:04 by WolfyWolfWolf.

Posted by: Barney Smith (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2012 21:30

Hennersey 3 million, Jarvis 3 million, Fletcher 6.5 million...we always get robbed when we sell players.

Posted by: . (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2012 21:47

Hennessey will go for more than 3 mil but it wont matter what they go for as the money wont get spent on players and will get directed towards "youth academies" or "training ground developments" which basically means redrow building construction so who cares if they go for frees.We wont see it invested on the pitch so it`s irrelevent

Date: 22 March, 2012 23:05

Angry as soon as results disappoint football fans the world over can only sing three songs - the owners are only in it for the money , sack the manager and buy some more players cos the ones we have are rubbish .Its understandable but i think the truth is a bit more complicated.

First I think you have morgan wrong - Hes a novice owner and hes just like rich and powerful men anywhere vain as hell and wants to leave a golden monument to show how successful he was .Its his club and he thinks its time we forgot about sjh.Being relegated is a disaster for his personal ambitions.But at least he goes to games and faces up to the deserved abuse unlike the foreign absentee , defo in it for the money, owners like glazers, silent stan, the fenwicks mob at pool and venkys.

Second we will spend money not silly money but who wants to turn out like pompey . We did to get out of the championship three seasons ago and we did in our first two years in the prem - admittedly cutting it very fine last year .Yes prior to year three we only bought johnson and ohara , in part becos bringing them in would blow a coach and horses thru the clubs wages policy and obviously to allow the stadium rebuild to start.Big mistake. Everybody now knows the new stand was a good two/three years too early- we behaved like an established prem team when we werent one on the pitch- the business case for rebuild is we can fill the seats - that wont happen in the championship.

But all prem clubs face this dilemma- chelsea , spurs , pool, everton all need to build new stadiums to remain competitive under fair play - what they spend on building wont be spent on the team - look at the effect on arsenals transfer policy when they needed to finance the expenditure on the emirates.Unlike us these teams wont put their prem staus at risk but they could easily find themselves mid table also rans if they get spending and /or timing wrong and being out of the champions league is their equivalent of our relegation.

With the right manager and a resumption of young and hungry we can return at the first attempt We can only hope morgan will have learnt from his mistakes and now realises the first priority is to make sure you are a prem team on the pitch then you can behave like one off it. We just bit off more than we could chew all in one go and its a real crying shame becos it didnt have to be this way.

Posted by: dewey wolves (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2012 23:22

WWW i know that ! the point im making is as soon as McCarthy is back in football he will go after his
"favourites" or am i talking in f*cking arabic!

Posted by: Tony78 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2012 23:49

good post dewey wolves... McCarthy will definately bring his favourites into his next club... Poor sods!!!

i honestly don't see more than 1 big player leaving the wolves... tight club, very close knit...

Posted by: Penn Wanderer (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 13:36

I have a feeling zubar and hennessy would stay and i cant see anyone signing johnson after the season he's had.

Hennessy

zubar
johnson
batth
ward

Kightly
gueidora
henry
hammil

seb
vokes

foley
davis
ishmail
hunt
hemmings

Posted by: Stourport Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 15:50

You aint too far wide of the mark there Mr Jingles .... but while the starting 11 dont look too bad (apart from Stearman) the squad would be wafer thin and would need padding out with some championship quality players.

Posted by: . (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2012 22:56

Quote:
Fat bloke behind you

First I think you have morgan wrong - .But at least he goes to games and faces up to the deserved abuse unlike the foreign absentee ,
Second we will spend money not silly money .Yes prior to year three we only bought johnson and ohara , in part becos bringing them in would blow a coach and horses thru the clubs wages policy and obviously to allow the stadium rebuild to start..

With the right manager and a resumption of young and hungry we can return at the first attempt

How have I got Morgan wrong? He generates huge profits by running a prem club and charging high ticket prices but doesnt spend. The correlation between wages and ticket prices doesnt add up so clearly surplus money is going somewhere...where? new stadium? What the one that Morgan promised and has now put on hold in terms of redeveloping indefinitely? Great stuff.

You say he goes to games,it was great to see him at the black country derby which was wolves biggest match all season and a pivotal moment of the season. A less worthy owner wouldnt have bothered and would have fcked off on a ski ing holiday (Sm54)

The young and hungry policy rears its head yet again (Sm103) call it cheap and cheerful instead of this club doctrine thats fed fans like a sickly medicine expecting us all to swallow this ridiculous propaganda of "young and hungry" Are we expected to be thankful to morgan for calling scottish garbage like eggbert and griffiths young and hungry "stars for the future" .. its horsesh*t and you know it unless like I said on another thread you are employed by the club in some capacity to type this pro wolves hierachy crap

Date: 24 March, 2012 00:07

Yeah i admit it - i am jez moxeys secret love child with that rachel heyhoe over the garden wall, just as i reckon you are morgans long lost uptight twin brother

But lets agree one thing - we put the blame squarely on the purple vegetable and its time he spoke up - as a recent post asked whats his vision , whats the plan -ok he wont say until the end of the season but unless he does you and the other creatures from planet zog are entitled to think he is al capone mark two .

I just think he is the real subject of that old carly simon song (hes so ....)but you and i should join forces to ask wheres the £30 mill he contractually agreed to spend in his deal with sjh- we want figures and proof .

No need to reply i am off to bed

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net