football
Latest News:
New Page 1

We will see who was right
dj wolf (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 06:25
I knoww MM has gone and we've all had our say and IMO he's one fo the best championship managers out there.
The proof of the pudding will now be in the eating, if he's a good prem manager as one or two of you numptys tried to tell us he'll soon be back at work with a prem club.
Myself I dont think we'll see MM in the prem lge ever again. and there's a reason for that see if the one or two of you numptys can work it out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2012 06:27 by dj wolf.

Re: We will see who was right
ernesto hunt (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 07:36
DJ - this is all a bit pointless. Move on for goodness sake.

The only interest now, in McCarthy, should be based on if he can do a better job for us than the current manager, if we want the disturbance of recruiting him and if we can get him.

This is the same criteria as would be asked of any other proposition!

Thats three if's. And in order of priority it is the third you must satisfy FIRST.

Take MON - could he do a better job than MM at the time he was available - the answer - YES. Did we want the disturbance - YES. Could we get him - NO.

You will now set off saying 'but if Morgan this or Moxey that, MON would have done this or that' and on and on and on. The point is, for whatever reason we could NOT satisfy that last IF with a yes.

First of all change, the conditions that caused the NO! But neither you or I have that power. There is a whole host of candidates that would give us three YES'S - Bruce, Connor, and including McCarthy plus many others. But will the man from Del Monte say yes? I think he say No.

13 March, 2012 09:55
well as usual i agree with EH

but i can't recall anyone saying that mick was a good premier league manager, i can recall people saying he was the best that we could get, which is a different thing altogether!

so as usual DJ you've done the usual thing of twisting peoples comments to suit yourself!

Wolf Off Head (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 10:01
HOW DULL!

dj wolf (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 10:27
Ah ahhh just as I thought, now that we know what limits he worked under I'll be man enough to say he worked wonders and yes no one else would have done better, but my point still stands and it will be right, but as I thought one or two of you are never wrong. When comes to my club I'll moan as much as I like when I see that things are not right, my next bone of cntention is Morgan bleeding my club dry, and I'll moan until it stops, unlike some lilly liverd people.

Mr Jingles (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 11:08
Mate, we couldnt even dream of Martin O Neill or anyone of his calibire.

Morgan pays the lowest wages possible in the Premier League and thats why Curbishley didnt come here, especially on a 12 game contract.

The Demba Ba debacle sums this up. He is offered to us for £40,000 per week, Mick wants him but no no no...Moxey and Morgan say this is too much for a proven premiership footballer, they only offered £20,000 or so.

Pay peanuts Morgan and you get Monkeys, thats why we are going back to the Championship and now we're resigned to it, Im actually hoping it teaches them both a penny pinching lesson.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net