Latest News:
New Page 1
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Questions For Steve Morgan
Posted by: a3nca (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2012 23:15

Steve, if you were prepared to spend £70m on the purchase of Liverpool, then why haven't you put that same amount of effort into Wolves?

Add your own questions as you seem fit.

http://imageshack.us/a/img31/9224/anwolf12.gif

This guy will score some goals

http://imageshack.us/a/img337/8003/northampton16boukaricha.jpg

Re: Questions For Steve Morgan
Posted by: halesowen wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2012 07:39

A/ He is a Liverpool supporter & wants to see them do well. He saw us as a stop gap to build the stadium & sell on at a profit. So i can make a new bid for my Childhood club. I kept a team like Wolves in the Premier League & so it enhances my CV when i go back with a new bid for Liverpool.

Q/ If you & Curbishley didn't have the same views as what is reported, Why? & what were the differnt views?

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h190/Dazzab73/801442ff-f5ee-4126-a5e5-1a7c5200d195_zps8173e75d.jpg

Posted by: Badge32 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2012 08:38

Q It was reported that we was looking for a top ten finish this season and maybe challenge for a cup. What went wrong and why did you not get in the players that could have achieved this.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c0.0.276.276/p403x403/379273_10152593865135230_1208816935_n.jpg

Posted by: Wolf Off Head (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2012 10:04

Q - Please explain and share with us fans what your "Vision" is for OUR great club and how are you going to go about achieving these goals?

Posted by: Wolf 1877 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2012 10:16

Q) Why was mick sacked without a replacement already in line ?

Posted by: wilkowolves (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2012 17:43

Quote:
still8thealbion
Q) Why was mick sacked without a replacement already in line ?

Tobe fairto Morgan on that issue, he was never going to have someone already lined up, as that would be seen as wanting Mick, but more importantly the club/team to fail.

Posted by: North Bank's Roof (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2012 21:11

I wish people would stop going on about money. It's not all about money. Look at Swansea, look at Norwhich, look at a host of other clubs who've spent far less than us (we spent more than anybody outside of the top 6 at one point) yet done far more.

IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT MONEY - besides, we've spent a fair bit anyway. The problem is that it's spent in the wrong places.

Milijas - bad signing
Van Damme - bad signing
Mouyokolo - bad signing
Halford - bad signing
Johnson - bad signing
Maierhofer - bad signing
Surman - bad signing
Hunt - not done it for me - bad signing for cost paid
Eggert - there are no words for how pointless that signing was

Not to mention poor signings made in the Championship, such as Darren Ward, Jemal Johnson, Jason Shackell, Darren Potter, George Friend, as well as loan signings such as Marcus Bent and Segundo Castillo.

I could go on. Guedioura's not been up to much, Hammil is an absolute waste of space, Elokobi is terrible and Zubar's a bit eratic for me.

We've simply wasted money on bad players, when we should have spent the same amount on less.

Mick was given more than enough cash, and the ambition shown by the chairman seems muted but given that we have £0 debt and are officially the best run club in the PL, when others run huge losses, I don't blame the board's financial policies - they are completely sound.

Admittedly, a new stand is a complete waste of time, and Morgan sure can stick his houses where the sun doesn't shine, but I think the criticisms are misinformed.

The blame does lie with the owners for this mess, but it's for the manner in which they conducted the removal and replacement of McCarthy.

He should have gone sooner, end of, but if you must leave it until after the Jan transfer window, why on Earth sack the man? Particularly when there are no really good, realistic candidates out there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2012 21:14 by North Bank's Roof.

Posted by: irishwolf (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2012 21:31

Heres my Question to Mr Morgan.. why dont you fxck off?

Posted by: Fat bloke behind you (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2012 23:02

Irish might be better to be a tad more constructive - like mr morgan would you care to sell the club to someone with squillions(or allow someone to invest millions ) so we can buy some better players , pay them the rate for the job , serve some decent attacking football up to usloyal season ticket fans so we can reach the alleged stated objective of this season ie middle of the table security and maybe be competitive in a cup or two.

Posted by: . (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 00:09

Quote:
North Bank's Roof
I wish people would stop going on about money. It's not all about money. Look at Swansea, look at Norwhich, look at a host of other clubs who've spent far less than us (we spent more than anybody outside of the top 6 at one point) yet done far more.
IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT MONEY - besides, we've spent a fair bit anyway. The problem is that it's spent in the wrong places.

Milijas - bad signing
Van Damme - bad signing
Mouyokolo - bad signing
Halford - bad signing
Johnson - bad signing
Maierhofer - bad signing
Surman - bad signing
Hunt - not done it for me - bad signing for cost paid
Eggert - there are no words for how pointless that signing was

Not to mention poor signings made in the Championship, such as Darren Ward, Jemal Johnson, Jason Shackell, Darren Potter, George Friend, as well as loan signings such as Marcus Bent and Segundo Castillo.

I could go on. Guedioura's not been up to much, Hammil is an absolute waste of space, Elokobi is terrible and Zubar's a bit eratic for me.

We've simply wasted money on bad players, when we should have spent the same amount on less.

Mick was given more than enough cash, and the ambition shown by the chairman seems muted but given that we have £0 debt and are officially the best run club in the PL, when others run huge losses, I don't blame the board's financial policies - they are completely sound.

Admittedly, a new stand is a complete waste of time, and Morgan sure can stick his houses where the sun doesn't shine, but I think the criticisms are misinformed.

The blame does lie with the owners for this mess, but it's for the manner in which they conducted the removal and replacement of McCarthy.

He should have gone sooner, end of, but if you must leave it until after the Jan transfer window, why on Earth sack the man? Particularly when there are no really good, realistic candidates out there
Of course it`s about money as we have missed out on countless players due to our pitiful wage budget.McCarthy was hardly going to announce that he wanted to sign a player but Moxey/Morgan wouldnt sanction wages of more than a pie and a pint.
No one knows the exact number of targets we missed out on but it`s a safe bet to say had we signed even a quarter of them McCarthy would still be manager and we would probably not be next to bottom.We signed some of the players we mentioned as they basically are/were willing to play for peanuts unlike players such as Sidwell etc who wouldnt.Why do you think managers like Curbishley turned us down? He was enthusiastic when interviewed on sky sports
but realised he wouldnt have a hope in hell of achieving anything under a regime that morgan runs at wolves.

McCarthy had a budget to work with which is in the bottom 3 of the division ..only swansea and Norwich pay their players less and expect their budgets to dramatically increase next season unlike ours which has remained miserly over 3 years in the prem.McCarthy has wasted money but who would have done any better with pieman and beetroot head refusing to sanction wages to compete in the division.

Posted by: OLDWOLF 55 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 06:34

In the E&S recently after our reverred captain Mr J was found to have spent time in St Peters gardens with some new friends and had a few bottles, it was reported that he was going to be stopped two wks wages and the figure for that was 50k. Now its been a long time since I was at school but my maths say thats 25K a week. Allegidly HE!! is one of our highest earning players so wot are the others on in the squad.
Now compaired to Jo public thats good wages, but compaired to wot Duff Distan Sidwell etc will be on at the clubs they have chosen to got to that puts the spending of money into perspective this may be why Mad Mick had to make the cr*p signings he did, cus no one else would come.
The list in NBR post probly were greatful for 15-20Kpw in comparison to what they would get at any (if any) other club, therefore the 2 Ms and the board are to blame. And why this was their policey would be the Question I'd like to ask.Especially when it wasn't workin which was obvious by A) quality of players we attracted and b) by the football being churned out week after week.

Posted by: Fat bloke behind you (IP Logged)
Date: 14 March, 2012 09:43

Mind you some teams get their transfer targets by ignoring basic economics and common sense sun link

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net